Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "SMALL" group of arrogant motoX riders

Bike
    CRF450 '09
    glanvillejon, I suggest using steel waratahs to make a fence that people can walk through but riders cannot ride through. As has been said many a time common sense isn't common any more and it sounds like those ignorant riders have none.

Blacksmith I think you're kinda barking up the wrong tree. Treating every rider like they don't have common sense is more than unfair. Despite popular belief bike riders are still citizens so should have rights (that they should not abuse) to use the beach as much as parents. I would also point out that for some people who are learning to ride bikes, the beach is an ideal place as the sand is forgiving for falls and learning to apply the right pressure to the clutch lever. Also you can usually find a spot away from people so you don't have an audience for your falls.

Also I would point out that some parents are not overly endowed with common sense or respect for others either. I was riding on a beach once, slowed down to slow jogging/walking pace when I reached an area that had some families in it, and some parent was still calling to their 1 year old to walk to them unassisted, directly in front of me. As I was already responsibly going very slow I was to stop and give them a wide berth well before time ( read 50+ metres away). That the parent didn't go and walk with the child so they could be seen seems like they want it to be injured.

In summary I think it has to go both ways in terms of people being aware of bikes and bikes being aware of people and none of the required thinking is rocket science, it's all common sense. If that happens then we can all be happy at the beach or any where else for that matter.

P.S. Playing ps2 will turn you into a tub of lard in no time. Plus virtual bikes is cr@p next to the real deal.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I'd just like to update you guys!

Ps3 is out!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Yamaha/Honda, might get a dirt bike next
    Quote Originally Posted by theblacksmith View Post
    I think there are 4 reasons for people riding in places that seem to upset others, and give the rest of us a bad name.
    1 -They cant afford to go to moto x parks and organised rides - solution - go home,sell your bike and buy a ps2
    2 - They havent got the balls to ride in a competition or a trail ride - solution- go home, sell your bike and buy a ps2
    3 - They are riding a stolen bike - solution - give bike back and go to prison(ask nicely for a ps2 in there)
    4 - They are simply just dickheads - solution -A brain, penis enlargement maybe? who knows?

We are not short of "proper" places to ride in NZ by a long stretch.Look at the sticky thread for instance.And its all affordable(pick another hobby if not)
    Most trail rides are organised to fundraise for schools,clubs etc. So the w'#kers out there who are giving us a bad name by riding in places that are not suitable, are slowly killing it for those clubs and schools etc as well.
    Organised rides are always well advertised in all sorts of different mediums- there is no excuse.
    I'll trade my PS2 for someone's bike that they can't afford to ride

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GSF1200S Bandit
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motor_mayhem View Post
    glanvillejon, I suggest using steel waratahs to make a fence that people can walk through but riders cannot ride through. As has been said many a time common sense isn't common any more and it sounds like those ignorant riders have none.

Blacksmith I think you're kinda barking up the wrong tree. Treating every rider like they don't have common sense is more than unfair. Despite popular belief bike riders are still citizens so should have rights (that they should not abuse) to use the beach as much as parents. I would also point out that for some people who are learning to ride bikes, the beach is an ideal place as the sand is forgiving for falls and learning to apply the right pressure to the clutch lever. Also you can usually find a spot away from people so you don't have an audience for your falls.

Also I would point out that some parents are not overly endowed with common sense or respect for others either. I was riding on a beach once, slowed down to slow jogging/walking pace when I reached an area that had some families in it, and some parent was still calling to their 1 year old to walk to them unassisted, directly in front of me. As I was already responsibly going very slow I was to stop and give them a wide berth well before time ( read 50+ metres away). That the parent didn't go and walk with the child so they could be seen seems like they want it to be injured.

In summary I think it has to go both ways in terms of people being aware of bikes and bikes being aware of people and none of the required thinking is rocket science, it's all common sense. If that happens then we can all be happy at the beach or any where else for that matter.

P.S. Playing ps2 will turn you into a tub of lard in no time. Plus virtual bikes is cr@p next to the real deal.
    I will suggest the Warratah idea to the camp owners. Where this is happening is actually at the CAMP not the beach just to clear that up. There are signs up saying "slow down watch for children" so this is also not rocket science.
    Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF450 injected
    These are the same douchebags that do skids and wheelies at high speed through the carpark's of trail rides and MX pits. I've been close to running over and knocking them out for doing so. I was taught by my grandfather *(the guy that got me into riding many years ago) to always cruise through the carpark etc.
    Some people shouldn't be allowed on bikes if you ask me

Thread Information