Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda XL250 Motorsport

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    cheeky barstard, I was lining up to buy motorcycles long before i could, as you do as a schoolboy. Thinking back in the late mid 70's at high school we used have fights over honda vs two strokes, (till bloody noses for real). I was a 2 stoke fan back then. Lol now, even most zukis went bad in 77.
    i was 12 in 72 always wanted a motorsport but didnt get one but nearly bought a elsnore

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    a real enthusiast/fanatic would have them in his lounge a mate has a indian in 1 corner and a old ducati in the other
    So,he has a kind of lounge come garden?work of art in one corner and a sort of agricultural outlook in other,very nice.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    my little pony
    i was 12 in 72 always wanted a motorsport but didnt get one but nearly bought a elsnore
    You got 1 year on me, you are not old. bought a TS125 in 77, turned gey in 1979 for XL185s, gey for a long time after that actually.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    You got 1 year on me, you are not old. bought a TS125 in 77, turned gey in 1979 for XL185s, gey for a long time after that actually.
    Well i guess this bastardizing thread stuff has kept it at the forefront,when 9 had an SL125 moved on to a XL175 then was lucky enough to (well the old man did) fit an XL 350 motor into a CR250 frame,thing was better both on and off road than a friends early TT500.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    fit an XL 350 motor into a CR250 frame
    Snap. Had to splice about 2" into the front dowpipe iirc. Wonderful machine.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    ... in reality if it was in my garage it would just get shifted around every six months.
    Mate...we've been trying that for a wee while, I can assure you

Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Hope whoever buys it has the good sense to look after it.
    So do we...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Wonderful machine.
    Like the man said... Now c'mon gents...I know you want it
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    The original wheelie machine good luck

Bike
    KTM 950 Super Moto
    Yeah, I used to watch Ross Horsborough (S.I motocross champ) riding one of these and doing long wheelies up above Princess Margaret Hospital on Bengal Drive in ChCh back in 74. The Motorsport was his road bike. I was on a SL100 in those days and he was a few years older than me and racing a CR250 Elsinore. He was from Ashburton and I raced there at the Water Tower track a few times. I was 16 and really really into bikes! Ross had a yellow helmet covered in black spots...sooooo cool!
    Does anyone remember that Cracroft track and Ross Horsborough in 74?
    NZ Highway Patrol's Road Safety Campaign....
    Get Bikes off the Road at All Costs!

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by munterk6 View Post
    Yeah, I used to watch Ross Horsborough (S.I motocross champ) riding one of these and doing long wheelies up above Princess Margaret Hospital on Bengal Drive in ChCh back in 74. The Motorsport was his road bike. I was on a SL100 in those days and he was a few years older than me and racing a CR250 Elsinore. He was from Ashburton and I raced there at the Water Tower track a few times. I was 16 and really really into bikes! Ross had a yellow helmet covered in black spots...sooooo cool!
    I can remember going to a MX track in CHCH the year yamys went white (in colour) and 1st year of monochock, my mate s brother had a CR125. I was a schoolboy in awe, brings back memories. When we got 125 trailies we used to sneak the borders out on sundays for trailrides to the waimak & brooklands lagoon, only got caned a few times for it.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Bumper sticker...

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    Quote Originally Posted by munterk6 View Post
    Sure do!! Ross was an awesome rider!!there was a group of Ashburton boys on the circuit back then including my late brother,I was pit crew for the boys...the water tower track was my training ground....had two handme down motorsports from my brother,truely fantastic bikes

Your post brings back lots of memories from my teens lol!!

Even remember that helmet!!,Ross was just a small guy and a absolute natural on any bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    humpty dumpty bumps...

Bike
    raptor 1000
    stick it on tardme on $1 res and it will sell dont know if its worth 2.5k though

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    stick it on tardme on $1 res and it will sell dont know if its worth 2.5k though
    No thanks. And a slightly neater one sold for $3500 last month, so the price is more than fair.

Thread Information