Thread: Back to biking in NZ (Bronco)

Bike
    2004 kawasaki zx6r

Back to biking in NZ (Bronco)

Hello to you all,
    I moved from the UK to Rangiora near Christchurch in December 2008 and have just(last Saturday) bought myself a Kawasaki ZX6R. I used to ride in the UK until about eight years ago when my friend lost control of his bike and died at the scene,i was behind him at time and saw everything.I remember riding home in a daze and thinking i've got to get rid of this bike,two weeks later the bike was sold and i never rode again until last week. Moving to this fantastic country with the great roads and scenery and real friendly people i just had the urge to ride again,although eight years on i've gone into preservation mode and become more cautious and very aware of the dangers around me. I think once a biker always a biker and am looking forward to meeting up with some of you at the Christchurch meets.

All the best

Ian

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Hello to you all,
    I moved from the UK to Rangiora near Christchurch in December 2008 and have just(last Saturday) bought myself a Kawasaki ZX6R. I used to ride in the UK until about eight years ago when my friend lost control of his bike and died at the scene,i was behind him at time and saw everything.I remember riding home in a daze and thinking i've got to get rid of this bike,two weeks later the bike was sold and i never rode again until last week. Moving to this fantastic country with the great roads and scenery and real friendly people i just had the urge to ride again,although eight years on i've gone into preservation mode and become more cautious and very aware of the dangers around me. I think once a biker always a biker and am looking forward to meeting up with some of you at the Christchurch meets.

All the best

Ian
    Condolences re your mate but shit happens eh.Welcome and enjoy.Preservation mode is all things considered a good mode to be in.If you ever head down South sing out,will put the jug on.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Hey Ian, many congrats for getting back on that horse.

Sorry to hear about your buddy. These things happen and 2 wheels can be quite unforgiving.

NZ is a great place to ride, so just get out there and enjoy yourself.

We should all have a self preservation mode at the appropriate time, so no worries there.

Good luck.

Bike
    2005 Repsol CBR1000RR
    Hey Ian. Sorry to hear about your mate. Big ups for getting back on the bike again though...key thing is "respect" it and it'll look after you. Ride safe mate.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZZR 1200
    enjoy the Kawa and stay safe....NZ is a great place to move to and a brilliant place to ride.

Bike
    neva-u-mindus
    Greetings Ian -welcome to kb. Huge for getting back on a bike,welldun! Given the traumatic/emotional loss prior ( sorry to hear ) You made the step on your own, in your own time to get bk into it - and I doubt if there`s anyone that would judge you on taking the preservation/cautious mode -things take time- lifes too precious. Enjoy ridin & ride safe.
    Last edited by Ypawa; 11th October 2009 at 20:16. Reason: oops with the spell check
    `Life isnt tied with a bow ...... but its still a gift`

Bike
    2004 kawasaki zx6r
    Thanks guys for all the kind comments,i'm easing myself back in gently and enjoying the Kawa (bikes have certainly come along in the last seven years) looking forward to the summer,and some long days on two wheels.
    Cheers

Ian

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Hello to you all,
    All the best

Ian

Welcome to KB and NZ. I hear you about the friend being killed on a bike thing, there will be many of us on here that have experienced something similar over the years. Some people learn from things like that, others take it in their stride and continue on as they have always done. Motorcycling is not something that you can easily dismiss once you have been bitten by the bug. It is all good. You live in a fantastic part of the country with some of the nicest riding roads around. The locals can be a bit dodgy though

Enjoy your summer riding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Thread Information