Thread: Advice on bike please

Bike
    Looking for advice (currenly Avanti)

Advice on bike please

Hi All,

I am into bikes for commuting last 1 year and really have bad experience as made bad choices being miser and being bit careless, was really worried about my bike being stolen.
    So had old bikes, and recently huffy and now i am looking to spend a bit more, a bit more wiser, yes not yet as wiser as you guys hopping on Airplane speed on pedals .. Not Yet.

Please could you advice me for my needs, extensive use of average 20 km per day(office, grocery etc etc within city and on week end biking the steep roads of mountains. Well that's all not more but can i get combination of effortless biking, price and durability please.

My initial search on net gave me these results Specialized, Trek 3900, Cannondale, GT, Kona, Jamis, Scott, k2, Ironhorse, Intense, Santacruz, Rockymountain,GaryFisher, Avanti, Giant, Raleigh etc looking for something in the range of not more than 600 dollars. More search only to find the secret of value of money vs durability vs comfort. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Buy bits and assemble. For durability go for a chromoly steel frame. Try to avoid Shitmano components where possible as they are trying to take over the world.

Once completed cover the frame in old inner tubes - this will protect your frame when you use a chain weighing 3 times as much as your bike to secure it to a lampost.

Or, since you are in Christchurch, you could buy a car, fit it with a stereo, cut the springs and beat up a Police officer.

Enjoy.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    I think you may have joined the wrong site. This is a motorcycle site, not a pushbike one.

However, in case this is a genuine enquiry then I would suggest a GN250, Yamaha Scorpio or a Honda CBR250 for commuting in Christchurch,
    Time to ride

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I think you may have joined the wrong site. This is a motorcycle site, not a pushbike one.

However, in case this is a genuine enquiry then I would suggest a GN250, Yamaha Scorpio or a Honda CBR250 for commuting in Christchurch,
    He's gotta know what he's talking about sheesh - he's a cyclist godammit. He falls into the illustrious company of people like me, jrandom and kiwifruit.

I tole him - no jap crap. Only italians have style. 'swhy I only use Campagnolo!
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Triumph America 2004
    Yea wrong forum, but I rode CC for Avanti Pro in my teenage years and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Kona, Scott and Specialized are my next top picks.

Thread Information