Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fork emulators?

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    The blind leading the blind and you get to sort the fuck ups on someone else’s bike first.
    How convenient, an opportunity not to be missed indeed.
    Nope, the offer to travel four hours and offer support (now withdrawn) was a genuine one. Even if I got to stand in someones workshop and watch would have been useful to me, and despite what you insinuate, I can be a useful person to have in the workshop.

Always a caustic derogatory remark from you, particularly toward those who are actually trying to achieve something. Take a look back through your own threads and notice that you don't actually do anything bike-related except take every opportunity to belittle others who are. It's a tragic and sad reflection on your angry life, isn't it?

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post

Always a caustic derogatory remark from you, particularly toward those who are actually trying to achieve something. Take a look back through your own threads and notice that you don't actually do anything bike-related except take every opportunity to belittle others who are. It's a tragic and sad reflection on your angry life, isn't it?

Steve
    Damn, I'm so transparent, a sad angry selfish arsehole. I should be ashamed of myself - yet strangely I feel no remorse. Because post like that help make my miserable existence worthwhile as I know I'm making a positive difference in someone's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Fitting cartridge emulators ISN'T just a matter of throwing them in and forgetting about them. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye. Centering them properly, correct centistoke rating oil to achieve decent rebound characteristics etc. It's very possible to make the forks worse than they started out by incorrectly fitting emulators.
    Send them to CKT and have the job done properly
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Such a happy bunch around here aren't we

I'll talk to some people see what it will cost to get it done then probably ignore everyones advice and fuck it up myself

Thanks for all the help ladies!

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Mr robert taylor if you are still watching this thread.. How do you machine the forks to ensure the emulators are concentric to the tubes ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    then probably ignore everyones advice and fuck it up myself
    Thank you. This is precisely the reason I shit stir rather than offer advice.

The correct answer of course is that your bike has the worst suspension ever put on a production motorcycle and the best way out of this is to sell it to some other poor unsuspecting schmuck.
    But hey, I'm sure you enjoy pissing into the wind and who knows, DB is a helpful chap, perhaps he could hold it for you whilst you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    Is it worthwhile? I'd contact Robert Taylor / PM him directly and ask him. Of all of us, he'd be the best person to tell you.. also tell you what else you need to consider (eg. his experience of how "true" the stock parks etc... are for the emulators to do their job properly).

I'm looking at the Ricor Intiminators myself. The don't make them for the Ninja / 250s... but the advantage is they don't need damper rod hole drilling.

Whether this works in practice, whether they have the longevity of the Race Techs... etc... who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    Fitting cartridge emulators ISN'T just a matter of throwing them in and forgetting about them. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye. Centering them properly, correct centistoke rating oil to achieve decent rebound characteristics etc. It's very possible to make the forks worse than they started out by incorrectly fitting emulators.
    Send them to CKT and have the job done properly
    Good point... if you don't know what you are doing (I'm in the same boat ) then what is the odds you will do it properly?
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    Mr robert taylor if you are still watching this thread.. How do you machine the forks to ensure the emulators are concentric to the tubes ?
    Partly that is how I make a living....

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by davebullet View Post
    Is it worthwhile? I'd contact Robert Taylor / PM him directly and ask him. Of all of us, he'd be the best person to tell you.. also tell you what else you need to consider (eg. his experience of how "true" the stock parks etc... are for the emulators to do their job properly).

I'm looking at the Ricor Intiminators myself. The don't make them for the Ninja / 250s... but the advantage is they don't need damper rod hole drilling.

Whether this works in practice, whether they have the longevity of the Race Techs... etc... who knows.
    How then do Ricor then get around the standard damping rod holes still offering a flow restriction at abrupt bump velocities?

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    How then do Ricor then get around the standard damping rod holes still offering a flow restriction at abrupt bump velocities?
    Oooh! Oooh!!
    I love riddles.
    Wait... this is one of the rhododendrons? Carborundums?

Conundrums - that's it. One of the lesser known members of the percussion family.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    The only answer they seem to have is low viscosity oil (5w) - make it flow through the smaller holes quicker. I'm sure this would cause problems in other aspects. Is there such as term as "over rebounding " etc... Sorry I am a suspension newbie.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    The only answer they seem to have is low viscosity oil (5w) - make it flow through the smaller holes quicker. I'm sure this would cause problems in other aspects. Is there such as term as "over rebounding " etc... Sorry I am a suspension newbie.
    Oh - you're talking about snake oil, which is actually in contravention of the Trades Description Act, as it's actually BabyLesbianAfghaniFurSealPenguinWhaleOil.

But I don't think that's the answer.
    No. "EHHH!!" WorngA.
    If it was, Dr Taylor would've known that, as he sells it under the Ohlins brand, for around $51/litre.
    Unless, of course, it was one of those hypothetical questions, posed by the goodly Dr Taylor just to see if we were paying proper attention...
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Is there such as term as "over rebounding " etc... Sorry I am a suspension newbie.
    Yes there is! If the rebound speed is too slow, the forks end up "packing down" over a series of bumps. Can lead to over steer and the front tucking... and generally feels like shite.
    Although it adds about $320.00 or so to the cost, I would recommend using Traxxion Dynamics modified damper rods in conjunction with Racetech emulators... they are machined items (read: made to close tolerances), and quite honestly, when set up correctly, make the SV650 forks perform VERY nicely. Much better than modifying the stock jobbies
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    your bike has the worst suspension ever put on a production motorcycle ...
    I thought that was the SV suspension..? You telling me that I've been rooked? Damn!
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information