Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    It's looking pretty short so far. My guess is it will stay that way lol.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Out of control Firestorm
    Cool, time add my rant to this fast growing thread.

#%#R!@@!#$%%
    As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death
    Γύρος στη νίκη

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Email bomb Nick Smith and John Key NOW

nick.smith@national.org.nz

john.key@national.org.nz

I just sent this:

Dear Dr Smith

I thought I would let you know that the proposed ACC levy increases for motorcycle registration are outrageous.

The likely response to this from motorcyclists will be similar to protests that have occurred in Europe i.e. We will not register our vehicles.

Regards

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    This is disgusting.

I can see however what has already been posted... them backing down on the tripling of rego for large capacity and instead "only" doubling it.

We're fucked either way.
    Wankers.

Bike
    97 TLS
    Fuck I can't even verbalise my fucken fury. Riding a bike becomes no longer econnomical, so every bastard trys to sell their bike and can't because the market is flooded and it costs too much to register the fucken things. So I'll just have to buy a car and let the bike sit there un-registered. But I'll still take it for weekend fangs. And I'll bail if some porky cunt tries to pull me over too. Like to see a Holden catch the my TL....Mr smith need's a fucken reality check, or he's gonna end up on the receiving end of an angry mob bearing baseball bats...
    Constantly consuming, conquer and devour.

Bike
    Your mom
    Most bikes burn fewer fossil fuels than even a hybrid car or the most economical diesels, we don't contribute to congestion as much as even the smallest car and we don't damage the roads as much as any car. WTF?

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    We spent money we didn't have.
    No i didn't...

Bike
    Dog Rooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    Postal is always free to wellington Freepost something or other

Now ya wont want half a million poorly writted submissions all saying different things

you want individual letters saying the SAME thing

and for that you need a form letter ( written by the royal smart person )

Copy it out then stick it on EVERY bike seat you can find including the details of how they can cut and paste to email the same letter

Stephen
    Just to give an alternative view on this...

At a public meeting about night class cuts, Darien Fenton (MP & against the cuts) stressed that if you're going to write, hand write the letter in your own words. If all submissions are the same, they get lumped together and counted as one, having far less impact.

But I suspect the time for writing indignant letters has passed and that for annoying the fuck out of people has started.

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
    Good point.

Stop falling off on corners you noobs.
    It is a point though, some faceless bureaucrat somewhere has looked at the claims for bikes and decided it would be a good idea if they charged more for bigger bikes, bigger equals faster equals more accidents equals more ACC payouts obviously. I wonder if they've even looked at the stats before apportioning blame. I don't have anything to back this up because I'm not privy to gubermint stats but logic would dictate that more inexperienced riders on smaller capacity machines would do more of the falling off and therefore make more of the claims wouldn't it?

Not that I'm proposing heavier levies for riders of small bikes,in fact I'm not proposing any increases at all they are, just pointing out that the whole capacity thing is bollocks in so many ways.

Just a minor point, my major point is Fuck them and the blind horse they road in on I'm in for any protest south of Auckland and I shall be riding in on what must be one of the most dangerous bikes available, 1400 ccs and a whopping 106 bhp! Bastards.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Would the better idea be to have support from other road users rather than piss them no end at Labour weekend?
    A protest is a great idea, but a well organised and coordinated protest with structure and the right delivery would have a better impact.
    I agree, level the protest at the government rather the other road users, after all they are effected by this too, done right ya might even find some support from some car users...(?)

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Wow. So my 37hp bike is going to cost nearly $1000 to reg for a year...

I was wondering what to spend all that spare cash on.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe

BRONZ meeting (Auckland)

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    zx6ixxer
    Why don't they have a lucky dip acc fee? When you buy your rego you get to reach in a box and pull out a number and that's the cost of your rego. Would make about as much sense as this price hike.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    I very much doubt that our family can afford to register one bike, let alone two if this happens
    I am all for protest..we need to make it big, extremely well organised with maximum impact and exposure...then we need to keep the momentum going.
    I doubt that small regional protests will do anything..we just don't have the numbers in the provinces to make a statement!
    Do it like the truckies did....mighty impressive and got the public on side too!
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    None
    Nick Smith best watch out for himself now.....

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Thread Information