Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    A bleck one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
    So whats the fine for riding without a reg? Must be cheaper.
    $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    So, what are y'all going to do about it.

Bleat on here, and spread 'em and take it?

Or get out and protest?
    Option B. We did it in '93.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by lanci View Post
    Read more of the article, we're currently being subsidised $70 of ACC costs by other road users fair enough but what of the fuel tax to maintain roads, Surely we are subsidising the larger more road damaging vehicles there? (even with the lesser amount of fuel purchased we encounter the same tax rate-%)
    Scrape your footpegs more to recoup your loss

A $70 subsidy and a $500 increase - there's quite a difference, no?
    Especially considering the $32 increase for cars - even if we add in those $70 that they subsidise motorcycles it's still at long way.

Hell, why not reduce the levy for bigger bikes - make turboed bikes above 1000 ccm even cheaper. After all dead people are the cheapest patients to handle.

It's great to see that there's being put so much thought into this.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    Your mind is already running into alternatives eh. In that case you'd be saying another $700 per year on insurance.

But if you have a lil wee wee on the road you're scrooooed.
    I only have Third Party anyway - I cant afford anything more....

I'll keep her warranted, and just put the rego on hold
    =mjc=

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    Most motorcycles use a lot less fuel than cars.
    No they don't. Motorcycle fuel economy has been getting worse and worse over the last 10 years. I get between 15km/l and 18km/l from the Zed.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Suzuki Marauder VZ800
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Right, if nobody else will, I'll organise a fucking Hikoi down to Parliament against this bullshit.
    Edit: The cunts are meant to be encouraging the use of more environmentally friendly transport for fuck's sake.
    Count me in.

And, the Nats aren't doing too well on the environmental front, last I looked, so don't count on that being a motivator.

At $750 plus the rest I will have to sell my bike, unless this recession takes a very sharp turn upwards (and I'm not banking on that).
    Redefining slow since 2006...

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Well, off to get an RS125 and kit it out with a turbo I suppose.

I'm going to check whether my insurance will cover if my rego isn't current, but the WOF is up to date.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
    Fuck me. John Judge & Nick Smith, you fucking brainless cocks!

So whats the fine for riding without a reg? Must be cheaper.
    Me thinks this may be the way also.

Now I've cooled down a bit...nope still fucken a-fucken-noyed, all us big bike riders should lobby the government! I can handle doubling the levy, say $500 but this is nuts. Not when we've got 2 600cc + in the family. And here's me thinking I'd get a Stripple as well!!!

The "old-boys" club is gonna spew.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    When does it take effect - or has it already?
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    At $750 plus the rest I will have to sell my bike, unless this recession takes a very sharp turn upwards (and I'm not banking on that).
    Your bike isn't worth anything.

It just took a huge dive in resale.

I can't afford to keep my bike and I can't afford to sell it.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Bikes!
    What's the ACC portion of the rego to be a horse rider each year? Or a rugby player? Skier? Cyclist? Diver? Caver?

Bike
    pillion
    you gotta remember though too, that current $250 odd they are quoting is just the acc levy part of your licensing fee...

A bike over 61cc is currently $300 odd per year to register, so if you've got a 1000cc bike, you're not just going up to $750 per year, your gonna be looking at an extra $100 or so ontop of that for the other costs included in your licensing fee!!!!

So be budgeting a cool $850-900 a year to license your bikes!! How is the average NZ'der supposed to afford that!

And yes of course accidents involving bikes cost ACC more. Duh, bikes don't have a metal box to protect the rider... hence worse injuries. Which from my experience with friends is usually the person in the metal box on wheels' fault for not blimmin looking!!!

I thought the stats were that pedistrians and cyclists actually use the most ACC per year than any other road user.....

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Far out man thats $1500 per year for my old classic I ride every now and then and a road bike! $28-00 bucks a week! That's just bloody ridiculous!!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    What's the ACC portion of the rego to be a horse rider each year? Or a rugby player? Skier? Cyclist? Diver? Caver?
    Doesn't matter. Motorcyclists have just been served. We've been singled out for decades and no effective political opposition was ever organised. This is the price.

Bike
    Lil Tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Not a shit load more than me sitting at my desk in a office for 8 hours. Well not 200% more anyway.

As far as I know my telephone and computer aren't gonna come alive and smack me.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BecsBerr View Post
    Which from my experience with friends is usually the person in the metal box on wheels' fault for not blimmin looking!!!
    It isn't. At least not according to the stats the Government uses.

Thread Information