Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    Bavarian Beast,Matchless G80S,SJ50QT
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Camp out the local MPs homes tbh. That'd get a reaction.
    Just make you chose the right one of the 3 they are claiming for!
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by WuZards-Eugene View Post
    Alright, we need to see some action. First thing we should start on is this myth that smaller bikes are at less risk of fatal accidents . We need volunteers to ride on the open road on small capacity bikes and have fatal accidents to even this out .

Who's in??
    I'll have you know my Scorpio is just as dangerous as a ZX-6R!

But they're both much safer than a BMW F650.

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    And here are the statistics broken down per vehicle type. Please note cost of injury of motorcycle claims as oppose to cars. (especialy for perion in 2007)

Where did Prick Smith get his figures from?

http://www.acc.co.nz/about-acc/stati...ount/IS0800143
    Interesting figures. A bit of analysis shows the following (from the latest figures on there only);
    Based on the number of new & active claims totalled together,"Unknown" is the most costly type of ACC claim at $26,740 each (don't know what classifies as unknown, maybe a motorised couch?). Second are Trucks at $20,284.05. Cars are 3rd at $17,381.93 with motorcycles way down at 6th most costly with $13,866.27 per claim.
    Even pedestrians claims are more costly than motorbikes (4th) & cycling (5th). Don't know how they work these figures though. I presume pedestrians are injuries related to being hit by cars, bikes, trains, trucks etc etc. I would also assume cyclists are a mix of crashes whilst riding, as well as being hit by other vehicles. I would presume most of these injuries are caused by cars.
    Shaken, not stirred in the shakey city!

Bike
    1994 triumph sprint 900

im in

Quote Originally Posted by WuZards-Eugene View Post
    Alright, we need to see some action. First thing we should start on is this myth that smaller bikes are at less risk of fatal accidents . We need volunteers to ride on the open road on small capacity bikes and have fatal accidents to even this out .

Who's in??
    ive just done my bike bike up over winter still a few things to do but now if i was to sell its not even worth a crate of beer,, im in for a protest ride i will even start from the kaitaia and ride to wellington and get people keen on the way whos up for a ride this levy hike is rediculis i reckon if you dont have a wof or reg or even the wrong licence then you shouldnt be covered not those of us that are doing every thing buy the book,,as i get peaved qwite a bit when people joke about crashing as an example a guy in our club crashed his bike just dun up hadnt bled the front brakes was wet day no wof reg on hold glases foged went across the center lane wrote his bike of and the car off fucked his leg hes on acc now,, theyve basicly paid for all the opps gave him $18000 cash for loss of job now hes got a new bike all paid of and stil payin for the ladys car at $5 a week or sumtin stupid fu!KIN IDIOT
    A gentleman does not motor about after dark."
    Joseph Lucas (1834 - 1902)

Bike
    Bavarian Beast,Matchless G80S,SJ50QT
    And here are the statistics broken down per vehicle type. Please note cost of injury of motorcycle claims as oppose to cars. (especialy for perion in 2007)

Where did Prick Smith get his figures from?

http://www.acc.co.nz/about-acc/stati...ount/IS0800143
    I don't understand where any of these figures come from...the ACC45 form filled out by everyone claiming ACC has no question, box or feild to fill in regarding the type of vehicle involved!

I can only assume that the info is collected by some other means, but where?
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Hey back off!!

we never fall off LOL!!!

BTW if this goes through I'll be paying well enough for my off road stuff within my on road rego!!!!
    Go see the other sports and stop picking on us bikers, Most off roaders do both that I know!!
    Im not having a dig but you would have to assume they have lumped xcross in the figures as inflation.
    To me you guys are like rugby players and skiers etc covered by total pool but setting figures for road bikes with offroad calculated in the mix is robbing from a minority to feed the majority.3 off road vehicles to every on road was a figure that sticks in my mind.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ukusa View Post
    Interesting figures. A bit of analysis shows the following (from the latest figures on there only);
    Based on the number of new & active claims totalled together,"Unknown" is the most costly type of ACC claim at $26,740 each (don't know what classifies as unknown, maybe a motorised couch?). Second are Trucks at $20,284.05. Cars are 3rd at $17,381.93 with motorcycles way down at 6th most costly with $13,866.27 per claim.
    Even pedestrians claims are more costly than motorbikes (4th) & cycling (5th). Don't know how they work these figures though. I presume pedestrians are injuries related to being hit by cars, bikes, trains, trucks etc etc. I would also assume cyclists are a mix of crashes whilst riding, as well as being hit by other vehicles. I would presume most of these injuries are caused by cars.
    Lets think logically.
    road accident that involves car will give you high injury cost and time off work.
    So even though the figures show less than half involve cars what is the cost percentage.
    low side slides etc and so on may account for stat figures for amount of accidents but low percentage of cost.Maybe an xray and all clear etc cuts and check up.
    Car meets bike may cost big with broken pelvis and 3months off work.
    Sometimes a little info can be misleading as to whats costing the cash.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Another cutout from Stuff.co.nz. If true, beurocracy at it's best... HAHA

Acc expect the NZ public to accept these huge increases to levys and cuts to entitlement but are they also going to be looking at staff costs and expenses??Why are they paying CEO Dr Jan White $560,000.00 per year for her 4 day working week and her weelky return trips to her home in Brisbane?????Yes thats right Dr Jan White flys back and forth to Brisbane every weekend.Will Acc also be cutting back staff perks & bonuses? Perks that include expensive Botox treatments and such like.

I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Where is ACC's head office i think words/ protest required.

My katana is 673cc.... *facepalm*

I think car drivers should be covering us for some of it.

many times they are the cause so it balances out , the spokesperson for ACC said this themself less than a month ago on the herald website.

And let me guess theyve hiked ours up but they wont go putting car rego down by the claimed $70 it costs each car driver. my bet is it will remain the same or go up...

what a pack of wankers...

you guys going to sit back and let it happen, or should we get on closeup at 7 or campbell live with a group of bikers vs a spokesperson for ACC?

or are we all going to just talk shit on the internet and just sit here scratching our nuts instead.

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel

ACC... Conspiracy Theory

I think that this whole debacle is a huge smoke screen to create hate toward ACC thereby allowing the government to 'rescue' us from it by privatising the insurance system.
    Privatisation is a National Governmemts hallmark, it is what they have attempted to do in the past and it was a shambles then. This time they need a reason for bringing privatisation back.

ACC is a burden as far as National are concerned, they want rid of it and we will be the ones to cause it. The Fat Cats in power will be sitting in the Beehive looking out their window and waiting for the rumble of a hundred thousand motorbikes... and when that happens, they will be rubbing their chubby little hands together.
    www.albeephoto.blogspot.com

DuuuuuCaaaaaaTiiiiiiiiiiii

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries

Acc expect the NZ public to accept these huge increases to levys and cuts to entitlement but are they also going to be looking at staff costs and expenses??Why are they paying CEO Dr Jan White $560,000.00 per year for her 4 day working week and her weelky return trips to her home in Brisbane?????Yes thats right Dr Jan White flys back and forth to Brisbane every weekend.Will Acc also be cutting back staff perks & bonuses? Perks that include expensive Botox treatments and such like.

Botox.... they gotta hide the grin of we are shafting you up the ass somehow.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Claims Manager.

Im looking at you figures and see no reference to off road motorcycle accidents which having no registration pay no levy.
    Motorcycles involving car accidents are less than half but I would like the information of the percentage of acc claim involving cars in dollar figures.
    i am assuming that these cost more than a simply break or check up.
    Car verses bike causes major injuries eg broken pelvous and three months off work.

I am requesting more information than a yearly figure and average cost since you have decided to attack my wallet.

Thanks Steve Mossman

I have sent this to acc

complaints@acc.co.nz

Bike
    2006 Honda CB1300
    Do this, next time you reg your bike, you get an itemised total right, OK, license bike, pay ONLY the ACC levy amount by cheque, pay the rest by cash, eftpos or whatever. Go straight to your bank and cancel the cheque.

Bike
    2003 Honda CBR600RR

That's worth complaining about...
    /\ Ice_Monsta /\
    Two Wheels since '07

Bike
    None
    hmmmm what would Brian Boitano do?

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Thread Information