Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    XR200
    I don't like it any better than you and we should oppose the increase. But lets face reality - most people have nothing to do with motorbikes. We are a small section of the total population, no economic or political clout, easy to pick on.

I agree that we need better data to sift out whether motorcyclists actually cost ACC as much as calculated. For example, are farm accidents with 4 wheelers included?

Bike
    XZ10R 2006
    away better job of smiths dream
    the art of diplomacy is saying nice doggie,
    until you find a big rock

Bike
    Kawasaki KLE 500, 2007

What a rip

Just venting
    What do farm bikes have to pay? that have accidents too. maybe cycleists that that ride on the road should register there bikes to they fall of and go on acc too.
    So much for people trying to be more ecomonical and "GREEN" by commuting to work. Whats the point if we have topay so much rego, may as well buy a V8 burn fuel and rip the roads up make sure im getting my munys worth.
    Most accidents r caused by cars hitting bikes, or bikes avoiding cars. Or better yet SHIT road conditions

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by 4lakavat View Post
    Just venting
    What do farm bikes have to pay? that have accidents too.
    Have a read up on what is proposed. Farmers are going to hammered too, Federated Farmers came out today squealing about the proposed increses to their members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    A bleck one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dipshit View Post
    So how many motorcyclists failing to take a corner accidents are car driver's fault..?
    Very apt choice of handle you have there - you are indeed a dipshit. If you read the table, the "Movement Classification" title is "While cornering". There's no mention of failing to take a corner.

Bike
    2006 HD FXDC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

Once the three months is up, you can licence it for an period, a day if you want, there is no minimum.
    Are you sure about this? I bought a car that had its rego on hold. I changed ownership and then tried to register it for one month. The NZ post staff weren't aware that I couldn't do it but each time they tried to process it for one month the computer spat it out. In the end they rang the higher ups who said when coming off hold you have to register for a minimum of 3 months. The computer took the 3 months no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Yeah those HD riders are a pack of fucktards.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    They do not wish to take on the heavy transport industry, for obvious reasons, most car drivers would just roll over and pay what ever was asked, but motorcyclists are another kettle of fish, they know we won't take it lying down, their best target, and one they can demonise in the eyes of Joe and Joan public.

Bike
    None at the moment
    Well, what about recreational sports then....how are we gonna get all the jocks playing rugby every week to pay for their fair share....

Recreational sport also contributes to ACC, but do they pay?????

The Govt is a bunch of wankers that think we,as a minority, cannot do nothing about it!!!!

Farkin Tossers

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    Recreational sport also contributes to ACC, but do they pay?????
    But every time you/we get a payslip it has on there a deduction for ACC Levy. Now my understanding is this is to cover us in our homes and in our sport should we chose to get involved.

This levy is also set to rise with the new ACC proposal.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Have a read up on what is proposed. Farmers are going to hammered too, Federated Farmers came out today squealing about the proposed increses to their members.
    Quite rightly too.

I have been horrified at the number of farm bikes that have 'graced' my workshop in an appallingly unsafe state.

Trying to convince the farmer that the list of repairs are all necessary to bring the bike up to a safe standard can be hugely frustrating.

The trouble is - half the time the tight pricks aren't the ones riding the bikes anyway. It's their unsuspecting farm workers.

Bike
    None at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    The trouble is - half the time the tight pricks aren't the ones riding the bikes anyway. It's their unsuspecting farm workers.
    Tell me about it...I was one of them workers years agop....and had a tight arse dutch employer...my bike did not even have a working headlight....and one morning slammed right into a gate that should have been open...it wasn't

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Quite rightly too.

I have been horrified at the number of farm bikes that have 'graced' my workshop in an appallingly unsafe state.

Trying to convince the farmer that the list of repairs are all necessary to bring the bike up to a safe standard can be hugely frustrating.

Yep, anyone that's spent time working in a bike shop - especiallly in rural areas would agree 100% with that Katman.
    Not only that but the farmers push the bikes and in particular ATV's way beyond what they were ever designed for and very few bother with Ag helmets. The only time most workshops see the bikes is when they are in such a state they won't actually operate.
    Of course there are exceptions but they are few and far between.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by 4lakavat View Post
    Just venting
    What do farm bikes have to pay? that have accidents too. maybe cycleists that that ride on the road should register there bikes to they fall of and go on acc too.
    So much for people trying to be more ecomonical and "GREEN" by commuting to work. Whats the point if we have topay so much rego, may as well buy a V8 burn fuel and rip the roads up make sure im getting my munys worth.
    Most accidents r caused by cars hitting bikes, or bikes avoiding cars. Or better yet SHIT road conditions
    Cyclists are a major drain on ACC, just check out these figures: http://www.acc.co.nz/about-acc/stati...aims/IS0800367

Motorcycles aren't even near the top of the list. (Cost figures in the far right column are hundreds of thousands...i.e. add ,000 to the figure shown....)

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    But every time you/we get a payslip it has on there a deduction for ACC Levy. Now my understanding is this is to cover us in our homes and in our sport should we chose to get involved.

This levy is also set to rise with the new ACC proposal.
    Road riding is my sport.....

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    I don't like it any better than you and we should oppose the increase. But lets face reality - most people have nothing to do with motorbikes. We are a small section of the total population, no economic or political clout, easy to pick on.

I agree that we need better data to sift out whether motorcyclists actually cost ACC as much as calculated. For example, are farm accidents with 4 wheelers included?
    I would say they were to get the worst figures possible for the shock factor.
    Probably motorcross and trail bike accidents too id guess.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Thread Information