Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    so guess who was at fault? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ6FRMIKx3w
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by reofix View Post
    Stop making so many claims on your insurance and the premiums go down ... this whole angry reaction is just head in sand stuff... keep the bugger upright and your premiums will go down ( and mine too!!)
    It could be argued that your stance is also head in the sand stuff, bow to this victimisation of a minority group and the present issues will be only the tip of the iceberg.
    Remember, as per Rick Barker's argument - this is supposedly a no fault system.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    A bleck one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie631 View Post
    Are you sure about this? I bought a car that had its rego on hold. I changed ownership and then tried to register it for one month. The NZ post staff weren't aware that I couldn't do it but each time they tried to process it for one month the computer spat it out. In the end they rang the higher ups who said when coming off hold you have to register for a minimum of 3 months. The computer took the 3 months no problem.
    Yes, he's correct - there is no provision for a minimum 3 month period of vehicle licencing under any regulation.

Also when the registered owner is changed on a vehicle that has a current exemption to continuous licensing - the 3 month minimum exemption period does not apply if the new registered owner then relicences it. Also if it has outstanding licence fees they don't have to be paid before the new registered owner can relicence it - they are the liability of the previous owner who incurred them.

Bike
    2006 HD FXDC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaka_crasher View Post
    Yes, he's correct - there is no provision for a minimum 3 month period of vehicle licencing under any regulation.

Also when the registered owner is changed on a vehicle that has a current exemption to continuous licensing - the 3 month minimum exemption period does not apply if the new registered owner then relicences it. Also if it has outstanding licence fees they don't have to be paid before the new registered owner can relicence it - they are the liability of the previous owner who incurred them.
    That's weird then. Maybe their computer was playing up but that was what the girl was told when she rang up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Yeah those HD riders are a pack of fucktards.

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    i have it on good authority that Nick Smith is shitting himself about mass bike protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    To conclude, Tui Blond is a reasonable tasting beer that gives you the horn and makes you shit yourself into your better half's footwear.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    i have it on good authority that Nick Smith is shitting himself about mass bike protests.
    Interesting, please expand....

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by cs363 View Post
    Interesting, please expand....
    just had a man come around to pick up something we sold on trademe. He apologised for being late and said it was due to his work being in 'crisis mode'. I asked him if he worked for acc and he does. I then told him Nick Smith was a knob jockey and he said that he (Nick Smith) is very concerned about mass bike protests, especially at parliament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    To conclude, Tui Blond is a reasonable tasting beer that gives you the horn and makes you shit yourself into your better half's footwear.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Yep mate in Parliament Security (who is never to be mentioned) said theyve already started briefing them on expected biker mass arrivals

They been told to be courteous to us!!!!
    Just ride.

Bike
    Various
    just had a man come around to pick up something we sold on trademe. He apologised for being late and said it was due to his work being in 'crisis mode'. I asked him if he worked for acc and he does. I then told him Nick Smith was a knob jockey and he said that he (Nick Smith) is very concerned about mass bike protests, especially at parliament.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Yep mate in Parliament Security (who is never to be mentioned) said theyve already started briefing them on expected biker mass arrivals

Excellent! Muahahahahaahah!

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries

BUGGER! OK which KBer told them we were coming ah, ah, ah?

Yous fellas cant keep a secret or summit?

Bike
    something quick
    This is bullshit, don't let them tax us off the road, every one on two wheels needs to let there voice be herd.

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Hrm.. Looks like we were at wrong again were we ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuuzw3tzp5U

Bike
    newer, redder, faster & ...louder
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    carver and sidewinder can organise Hamilton one as long as they don't pull wheelies on protest rides.

OR lead us up n over the humps of the fairfeild bridge

Tried to read this whole thread but gave up @ page 20 or so. Thought I saw some maths somewhere that there were about 10,000 road registered bikes in NZ. Has anyone thought how many ATV's there are in NZ, on farms & recreationally?? From memory I think there are about 14,000 dairy farms , most of which would have at least 1 ATV. 14,000 ATV's not counting the sheep and cattle farms that would have 1 as well, & 2 wheel dirt bikes added to the total . Would have to be in excess of 20,000 bikes easily!! This sector it would be fair to say have their fair share of "misfortune". Farming accidents stats feature at the top of the most dangerous occupations list. Is the cost of those accidents being lumped into the total ACC cost of 'bike' accidents & if so some thought needs to be put into recovering some of that cost from the users (abusers) of ATV's.
    Was a sharemilker with 2 ATV's & had staff that did DUMB DUMB things on them, one of them ending up in hospital!! No rego's on them then , either !!
    If you don't know where you are going , any road will get you there ............

Bike
    A chubby lollipop

I think we should all rock up with our number plates upside down. (And a crate of eggs each.)

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon View Post
    OR lead us up n over the humps of the fairfeild bridge

Tried to read this whole thread but gave up @ page 20 or so. Thought I saw some maths somewhere that there were about 10,000 road registered bikes in NZ. Has anyone thought how many ATV's there are in NZ, on farms & recreationally?? From memory I think there are about 14,000 dairy farms , most of which would have at least 1 ATV. 14,000 ATV's not counting the sheep and cattle farms that would have 1 as well, & 2 wheel dirt bikes added to the total . Would have to be in excess of 20,000 bikes easily!! This sector it would be fair to say have their fair share of "misfortune". Farming accidents stats feature at the top of the most dangerous occupations list. Is the cost of those accidents being lumped into the total ACC cost of 'bike' accidents & if so some thought needs to be put into recovering some of that cost from the users (abusers) of ATV's.
    Was a sharemilker with 2 ATV's & had staff that did DUMB DUMB things on them, one of them ending up in hospital!! No rego's on them then , either !!
    Rego' the fuckin lot I say.

Thread Information