Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Yes, they will have been totally expecting the protest ride the moment they started talking about doing this. (And hell yeah they going to get one or three!)

I've been thinking of other ways we could protest, while not getting offside with the public. Politicians really notice a hit to the pocket. I Was wondering if one way to cost them money, would be to on mass hit them with co-ordinated requests for information using the Official Information act, each one signed with your own name and "concerned motorcyclist" to tag it to everyone else's. Call it legal civil disobedience

The hard part if course would be the co-ordination, getting everyone to ask for different information, in order to inflict maximum $$$ damage on the Government.
    I personally do not know enough about the act, and how the above plan could be putting it into full effect, so are just putting the idea out there, who knows it could trigger a better way of doing it again.
    Are there any Government Legislation and procedure savey KB'ers out there?

It "might" be the way for KB to make a mighty contribution to protecting our way of life

Bike
    2006 honda vtr250/93 NC30
    KB dont do things the civilised way? like petitions? damn, not very surprised at all.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Yes, they will have been totally expecting the protest ride the moment they started talking about doing this. (And hell yeah they going to get one or three!)

I've been thinking of other ways we could protest, while not getting offside with the public. Politicians really notice a hit to the pocket. I Was wondering if one way to cost them money, would be to on mass hit them with co-ordinated requests for information using the Official Information act, each one signed with your own name and "concerned motorcyclist" to tag it to everyone else's. Call it legal civil disobedience

The hard part if course would be the co-ordination, getting everyone to ask for different information, in order to inflict maximum $$$ damage on the Government.
    I personally do not know enough about the act, and how the above plan could be putting it into full effect, so are just putting the idea out there, who knows it could trigger a better way of doing it again.
    Are there any Government Legislation and procedure savey KB'ers out there?

It "might" be the way for KB to make a mighty contribution to protecting our way of life
    The public pays for the government so this would still upset people.

Bike
    Several old ones

There needs to be some sense here-

Bikers!
    There needs to be some recognition by ACC of those bikers that have not had accidents and have not been caught with traffic infringements.
    The insurance companies can organise this with a few seconds when you ring them up surely ACC can arrange the same criteria.
    Lets the user with the bad record pay.
    There are alot of good motorcyclists out there that are going to have to pay for the reckless few.
    Also there needs to be some sense to charging the rider rather than the bike.
    For those with a few bikes, it will cost thousands to rego them all, not fair at all.
    You can only ride one bike at a time...Charge the fees to the rider.
    Plus put some content of the ACC fees into higher petrol taxes, the more you ride or drive the more you pay.

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Stick the ACC levy on your license. One license, many vehicles, one ACC levy.

However this does not cover the issue with the rugby players and weekend sports injuries...

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    The public pays for the government so this would still upset people.
    Yes, but a whole lot less than a traffic/parking Victorian style protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayray401 View Post
    KB dont do things the civilised way? like petitions? damn, not very surprised at all.
    Personally, I don't think a petition will have them quaking in their boots.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Not sure if one protest ride will do this. They'll weather the storm wait for the rukus to die down and pass the law anyway.
    Do ya reckon there's enough support to make a Auckland to Wellington ride really successful? Big commitment in time and money for most. Will we get the big crowds? Might be better to do it regionally. Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch etc
    Look just an idea all, but people might be more committed to block the Wtgn motorway, Christchurch town center or Auckland Harbour bridge for a day than a big trip!

My other thought is If anyone bloody falls off on this trip that will be all the evidence they need to prove their case, then media will make a mockery of the thing. We don't want it to be seen as a hooligan type trip, their are some hotheads amongst us. Look what some guys did on the Cheescutter ride? This is to important to bugger up!

Look not trying to put the mocker on any ideas but we do have to be very careful!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Even if we were forced to have private riders insurance, and remove the ACC compnent from our Rego all together and have it to cover ONE eventuality....a ROAD injury, I could accept that

One fee one rider......... and calculate a value for potential pillions into that riders policy maybe...there must be a fair way to address it

its the bloody fee per vehicle I protest
    Car and 2 BIG bikes

I have kids to feed too
    Just ride.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Not sure if one protest ride will do this. They'll weather the storm wait for the rukus to die down and pass the law anyway.
    Do ya reckon there's enough support to make a Auckland to Wellington ride really successful? Big commitment in time and money for most. Will we get the big crowds? Might be better to do it regionally. Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch etc
    Look just an idea all, but people might be more committed to block the Wtgn motorway, Christchurch town center or Auckland Harbour bridge for a day than a big trip!

My other thought is If anyone bloody falls off on this trip that will be all the evidence they need to prove their case, then media will make a mockery of the thing. We don't want it to be seen as a hooligan type trip, their are some hotheads amongst us. Look what some guys did on the Cheescutter ride? This is to important to bugger up!

Look not trying to put the mocker on any ideas but we do have to be very careful!
    Have to agree 100%.
    A mass ride to the Beehive one day but follwed up by many regional rides, perhaps to local MP's offices etc. Most people shop on a Saturday morning nowadays, that'd be a good time to get the public's attention. Also, these rides should happen NOW! Strike while the media iron is hot and everyone is on the ball. Leave it too long and nobody will give a rats arse.

What about Nov 7th? Save your fireworks up and chuck them at the politicians?

Bike
    XZ10R 2006
    He's dedicated the past week to irresponsible scaremongering on ACC in order to gain public support for excessive changes to the scheme, without bothering to ensure he can even pass the legislation."
    BURN THEM ALL
    the art of diplomacy is saying nice doggie,
    until you find a big rock

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I think if anyone were to pull a stupid stunt this time around on an organised protest ride they should be repeatedly fucked up the arse with a red-hot poker by every other motorcyclist in NZ.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Even if we were forced to have private riders insurance, and remove the ACC compnent from our Rego all together and have it to cover ONE eventuality....a ROAD injury, I could accept that

One fee one rider......... and calculate a value for potential pillions into that riders policy maybe...there must be a fair way to address it

its the bloody fee per vehicle I protest
    Car and 2 BIG bikes

I have kids to feed too
    Sympathy/empathy mate.
    We have two bikes, one each. I use mine quite a bit and frequently on a day-to-day basis. We have two cars. One is a shopping trolley and the other a tourer. Yes, we love to tour on two wheels or four. At best we can only operate two machines at once, why should we pay for four. The current proposal would see us shelling out 417 for each car and 745 for each bike, right? 2324 p/a means just under 45 p/w just in rego costs. Tyres just went up with a bump, good safety gear isn't cheap, oil, filters, wets, gloves, you name it. Each and every item attracts GST and now this? ya gotta fight back some time. Now is that time.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I think if anyone were to pull a stupid stunt this time around on an organised protest ride they should be repeatedly fucked up the arse with a red-hot poker by every other motorcyclist in NZ.
    Why wait for it to be glowing? Just chuck it up there..........

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(

Question Red Herring

Or is it possible that the government have a more important bit of legislation that they want to slip past us so they use the ACC issue as a distraction.

What's with the Criminal Surveillance Bill that is lurking in the shadows presently

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    OMG...thats sooooo funny. Pack up the kids the NZ gummint has a secret agenda and it involves motorcylists....nuclear ships are coming...P will be made legal.

Get your emergency kits and head for the hills...or Australia.

JEEZ GET REAL!

Great pisstake come troll...love it

Thread Information