Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Submissions closed October 2nd.
    Not according to this site: http://www.acc.co.nz/for-business/le...2011/index.htm

Submit away boys & girls!!
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    Me thinks this may be the way also.

Now I've cooled down a bit...nope still fucken a-fucken-noyed, all us big bike riders should lobby the government! I can handle doubling the levy, say $500 but this is nuts. Not when we've got 2 600cc + in the family. And here's me thinking I'd get a Stripple as well!!!

The "old-boys" club is gonna spew.
    2 cars, 2 big bikes, 4 x insurance should be close to 5 grand a year. Now, running costs, petrol, tyres, oil, services.... any change from 10K ???

I fear toys will be a domain for the very rich!
    Shaken, not stirred in the shakey city!

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Right, if nobody else will, I'll organise a fucking Hikoi down to Parliament against this bullshit.
    Im in.
    Feel sorry for all the poor buggers that own multiple bikes.
    This fucken sucks.

Fortnightly Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Cr1MiNaL View Post
    sigh, people with big mouths on here are always the ones with little or no skill.
    Roffle

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    The way I see it...

You've got several options.
    1. Get a bicycle, and get in shape, not as hard as people think.
    2. Put rego on hold and just evade police, timely considering the police chase criterium is going to be softened.
    3. Try to mobilise others to get policies changed.
    4. Try to get motorcycle accidents excluded from ACC payouts and thus 0 rego charge, (not a bad option in my opinion).
    5. Fix ACC, too many bludgers on sickness benefit and ACC. The real unemployment rates are massive when you take into account the people working the system for a living.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Cycling FTW!

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    Did they make it a secret squirrel thing that you had to decipher? How the hell did that slip under the radar? I can't believe a lot of noise wasn't made about it before then.

I know bikes are a lifestyle choice but wouldn't this have a huge impact on the industry or do I just have blinkers on?
    It's alright, I was wrong, but I don't think the flipside is any better. As Ixion pointed out I don't believe we'll get the opportunity for rebuttal.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I'm flipping pissed!!
    They let the system get outa control. 200 Million for Physio alone! Thats a joke in the old days when physio wasn't a "catch cry" you went to hospital, got plastered up, got it removed and went back to work. You didn't go to Physio for the next 10 years. Its a freckin joke, Physio and the Acupuncture (that they practiced) didn't do anything for my rooted neck!
    They let the ACC get bloated, they let the hangers on milk them dry, now we pay! Fuckers!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    Cycling FTW!
    If they don't stop riding on SH2 in the Hutt like it's the Tour de France, I will PERSONALLY make sure that cyclists cost more than motorcyclists. They have a cycle lane they don't use. I think I will start by mining the service lanes.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Update on submission question.

Yes, you will be able to make submissions. Deadline is 10 November . At present these are proposals.

Be aware though that historically, ACC have totally ignored all submissions.

Only time they ever blinked was the great revolt in '93 .

But bikers were tougher and harder in '93.

I don't think the modern breed has it in them for concerted protest action.

You'll all bleat and pay up, or sell the bike and tell everyone you never liked those dangerous things anyway.

BRONZ (Auckland) will discuss an action plan next Wednesday evening . 7:30 pm. Danish House 6, Rockridge Rd Penrose.

See you there. Or not.

This from the ACC

Motorcycle levies

Within the motor vehicle levy changes (summarised in the above table) ACC is proposing major changes to motorcycle levies to take into account the fact that for several years, car drivers have been subsidising motorcycle and moped riders.
    The new levies reflect the fact that motorcycle riders are 16 times more likely to be involved in a road crash than any other road users and are far more likely to be seriously injured. In 2008/09 ACC paid more than $62 million for motorcycle riders but collected only $12.3 million in levies from them.
    Even with the significant proposed increases in the rates payable by motorcycle and moped drivers to redress this imbalance, car drivers will still continue to subsidise motorcycle and moped drivers by $77 a year for the 2010/2011 year.
    ‘The proposed legislative change to extend the full funding date to 2019 would reduce the effect of residual claims on motor vehicle levies by $100,’ said Mr Judge. ‘However, whether or not this translates into an equivalent reduction in those levies will depend on how best to fund the account fully over the next 10 years. This is something the Board must determine.’
    The proposals also change the categories for mopeds and motorcycles, by grouping mopeds and motorcycles together and introducing three sub-classes for 0-125 cc, 126-600 cc and 601+ cc cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    It's too fast for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by lanci View Post
    My trumpy is no better on fuel than a 2 litre car. So I am travelling the same per Kms/ltr as a heavier more road affecting car yet pay the same rate of tax, not sure of your logic mate, seems like a subsidy to me???
    So, to offset this ACC increase due to the subsidy that car drivers are affording us, maybe we look at a motorcycle fuel price far cheaper than that of cars?

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Count me in for any protest (riots ftw), and thats the last time I rego my bike.

Not paying that shit, They can get fucked.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    If they don't stop riding on SH2 in the Hutt like it's the Tour de France, I will PERSONALLY make sure that cyclists cost more than motorcyclists. They have a cycle lane they don't use. I think I will start by mining the service lanes.

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700
    will this put an end to cheap older bikes? If it's got fresh rego, the price will be through the roof!

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Count me in for any protest (riots ftw), and thats the last time I rego my bike.

Not paying that shit, They can get fucked.
    Protest rides, I say we organise several around the country, hundreds of bikes. ALL REMOVE OUR PLATES and converge on the town/city centres.

Bike
    Lil Tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Update on submission question.

Yes, you will be able to make submissions. Deadline is 10 November . At present these are proposals.

Be aware though that historically, ACC have totally ignored all submissions.

Only time they ever blinked was the great revolt in '93 .

But bikers were tougher and harder in '93.

I don't think the modern breed has it in them for concerted protest action.

You'll all bleat and pay up, or sell the bike and tell everyone you never liked those dangerous things anyway.

BRONZ (Auckland) will discuss an action plan next Wednesday evening . 7:30 pm. Danish House 6, Rockridge Rd Penrose.

See you there. Or not.

This from the ACC
    My God you old hypocrit

Don't let the young fella smack your head.

Thread Information