Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ACC Levies - A resource thread

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So what is the percentage of riders dying on group rides then as I must have missed reading the post that stated the number?
    You are a fuckwit.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by KezzaCFC View Post
    AND INJURIES, there you go. Irony averted

Source: https://www.transport.govt.nz/assets...ycles-2017.pdf

And who pays for the emergency services picking up the pieces in a fatality? Genuinely curious, if you can shed some light.
    Been riding since 1972 and don't remember the peak in the 80's but then a lot of people were riding bikes back then. The graph highlights that in 40 year olds being up there statistically could be due to being the only ones out riding ( and can afford to) these days so it isn't a true picture, or am I just a thick crunt like cassina and got it all wrong.
    Last edited by granstar; 7th May 2018 at 20:04. Reason: Cassina needs to be potty trained.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    The statisticians need to also compile how many deaths occur on group rides as the most dangerous overtaking I have seen is from guys on group rides under pressure to keep up or impress one another.
    I read somewhere, or someone told me, or it might have been in a thread that its between 4 & 6% and of those 45% were a cars fault.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    And who pays for the emergency services picking up the pieces in a fatality? Genuinely curious, if you can shed some light.
    depends on the time of day, if it happens to be between 7am and 6.00pm mon to fri for me then my employer does, they are good like that, but if its outside work hours i do it for love ya might say, and there are a lot around like that.
    by the way i am over that magical 40 mark as are most of the volunteers in both of the fire brigades i turn out for and as such i have paid ACC levies both as an employer, as an employee and as a consumer so i do believe i have paid more than my fair share over the years given that ACC is rather flush with funds.
    Question for you and it is genuine, how much do you give back to your community, do you volunteer for your local fire brigade or as an ambo.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    I read somewhere, or someone told me, or it might have been in a thread that its between 4 & 6% and of those 45% were a cars fault.
    it actually works out very close to a third rider only, a third rider and another vehicle at fault and a third other party at fault.

Bike
    Ninja 300
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    depends on the time of day, if it happens to be between 7am and 6.00pm mon to fri for me then my employer does, they are good like that, but if its outside work hours i do it for love ya might say, and there are a lot around like that.
    by the way i am over that magical 40 mark as are most of the volunteers in both of the fire brigades i turn out for and as such i have paid ACC levies both as an employer, as an employee and as a consumer so i do believe i have paid more than my fair share over the years given that ACC is rather flush with funds.
    Question for you and it is genuine, how much do you give back to your community, do you volunteer for your local fire brigade or as an ambo.
    Right of course. Sorry don't know much about the funding etc of things like the fire brigade. Understand its volunteers and you guys do a great job!!

As for giving back, a lot less than I should!!

Bike
    AND INJURIES, there you go. Irony averted

Source: https://www.transport.govt.nz/assets...ycles-2017.pdf

if ya actually took that graph and adjusted it for the numbers of riders in each age group going back to the 80's and the adjusted it to percentages i think you would find it getting turned around, if you want a user pays system then all of a sudden all those sports and passtimes that at present don't pay levies would suddenly have to start paying.

Bike
    Right of course. Sorry don't know much about the funding etc of things like the fire brigade. Understand its volunteers and you guys do a great job!!

As for giving back, a lot less than I should!!
    the fire service is funded through the fire service levy on insurance but as volunteers we don't get paid, but we do get abused, that's always fun.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    if ya actually took that graph and adjusted it for the numbers of riders in each age group going back to the 80's and the adjusted it to percentages i think you would find it getting turned around, if you want a user pays system then all of a sudden all those sports and passtimes that at present don't pay levies would suddenly have to start paying.
    As well as for being an unselfish volunteer, that comment deserves a medal too

Not giving back, I be as guilty as everyone else there. A few wee toy and Eggs runs are charities I've supported but a pittance to the lifelines provided by Fire and Ambulance services. Should they be an actual Department like the Popo? They certainly all do a wonderful job, some unrewarding and rewarding circumstances. I've attended many of the Fire volunteer ceremonies over the years ( in capacity as a band member) and the loyalty and dedication shown among the men and women in those organisations is amazing.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Ninja 300
    You would, but its also the same generation carried through. i.e riders in their 20's in the 1980's are now in their 50's.
    Anyway, those %'s are irrelevant.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    The statisticians need to also compile how many deaths occur on group rides as the most dangerous overtaking I have seen is from guys on group rides under pressure to keep up or impress one another.
    Does this vagina copy and paste this from all of his threads? You're one strange dude.

Thread Information