Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New helmet or a leather jacket?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Yup... 70km/hr off (don't ask okay) wearing my Cordura, and it came out fine... However it didn't like being left on a hot exhaust

Leather on the other hand... Well, i have used my leathers many times... BUT unlike the cows it is made from water gets in, so you need another piece of clothing if you ride in the rain...

If it was a present, I would actually go for a new jacket though, as they last longer than a Helmet.

Still got the leather jacket that I got from my parents for my 21st.

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    My brithday is coming up and I wonder what I should be asking for, a new helmet or a leather jacket? I have an older helmet that is relatively heavy, about 1600g and I can really feel the difference when I put a lid that weighs near 1300g on. I wonder if I will notice the difference while riding...

I have a cordura jacket that I am quite happy with, but i like the look of some leather jackets....

So, what would you prioritize, a lighter helmet or a new hacket?
    Personally i would go for the leather. So long as it has decent armour!!!!! Much better for sliding in too, as it does not take 1.5 of a seconds to wear through like cordura, and usually is much nicer to wear during the summer months. In fact, the only time i would rather be in cordura than leather is in PISSING rain. Leather is in fact pretty good in dribbling rain, if you treat it with a product called sno seal (bees wax, makes it shine, water proofer(not100%) and a bit more flexable...)

The heavier helmet will help keep your neck muscles strong, which in turn will help you bounce off it in an off...

Bike
    1992 VX800 1998 Hornet 250
    Blog Entries
    If you feel your helmet is unsafe replace it otherwise go the leather, they don't allow cordura on the racetrack... worth thinking about. I wear a Warehouse pvc parker over my leathers and always stay dry.

Bike
    Ducati Mostro
    Go for the helmet,will significantly reduce your fatigue and muscle soreness both during and after rides... weather you have any now or not, has to help your neck out eh?,

be nice to your neck, it's the only one you have lol
    DUCATI ------- A real bike in a sea of shit!

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    Cordura pants can be worn over other things (like jeans). Leather pants can not.
    nonsense...why not,its purely down to the fit.,i think the weight of a helmet is not noticeable while riding,the wind pressure outweighs any weight difference.Leater jacket is nicer to wear than even breatable cordura.See if you can get one you can use with a thermal liner so useable in all temps.You will need a rainproof over jacket if you want to wear it on overnighters...

Bike
    Merida
    Thanks everyone. I ended up with a new helmet and don't regret it. It has a pinlock visor so no fogging. I can also feel it is lighter than my old helmet. Whenever I move my head to do a head check, etc. I can feel it. I am sure the extra lightness will make a big difference on longer rides.
    Ride fast or be last.

Bike
    2010 Predator
    Thanks everyone. I ended up with a new helmet and don't regret it. It has a pinlock visor so no fogging. I can also feel it is lighter than my old helmet. Whenever I move my head to do a head check, etc. I can feel it. I am sure the extra lightness will make a big difference on longer rides.

And you can still get get your leather jacket as a Christmas pressy...

Anything else I can help you with....?

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    It's great to have others want to contribute to buying you gear... I'd hit them up for xmas and speak to Quasievil on here about a jacket for you. Just picked one up from him and it's the bees knees!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Yeah, gotta love the pinlock, amazing how something that so many people find a problem just goes away.

Bike
    2007 CBR600RR
    Dam now I want a new leather jacket! (well a first one really ..mines currently a leather/textile hybrid which really just gives you the disadvantages of both )

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by marine0089 View Post
    Dam now I want a new leather jacket! (well a first one really ..mines currently a leather/textile hybrid which really just gives you the disadvantages of both )
    Send me an email mate, we have some clearance stock and some low price options.
    sales@qmoto.co.nz
    cheers
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    2007 CBR600RR
    Haha that was quick Quasi.

Will do.

Thread Information