View Poll Results: This poll is here to get your attention away from the ACC threads and onto mine!

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sumoy Spec 1R

3 5.36%
  • Shoei XR1000

33 58.93%
  • Shark RSR2

20 35.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which helmet?

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    shoei or aria only or dont borther getting a helmet
    Agreed. Both Arai and Shoei are very good brands, high quality with a price tag to match.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    Agreed. Both Arai and Shoei are very good brands, high quality with a price tag to match.
    True, although i've asked 2 different US companies via email for their opinion on the best helmets (sportbiketrackgear, helmet harbour), and the RSR2 was by far the most popular, noise, comfort, weight, quality and safety wise, consistently between both companies.

The reason I ended up choosing the Shoei over the Shark was that after re-trying them all on, it fit just a little more comfortably for my head shape, otherwise I actually would have gone for the RSR2.

Yes I am aware that the RF1100 is a sport touring helmet and the RSR2 is a track helmet. The question I asked was for a general consensus on the favourite helmet amounst thier staff.

Both companies do pretty good reviews on you tube so I value their opinion.
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    True, although i've asked 2 different US companies via email for their opinion on the best helmets (sportbiketrackgear, helmet harbour), and the RSR2 was by far the most popular, noise, comfort, weight, quality and safety wise, consistently between both companies.

The reason I ended up choosing the Shoei over the Shark was that after re-trying them all on, it fit just a little more comfortably for my head shape, otherwise I actually would have gone for the RSR2.

Yes I am aware that the RF1100 is a sport touring helmet and the RSR2 is a track helmet. The question I asked was for a general consensus on the favourite helmet amounst thier staff.

Both companies do pretty good reviews on you tube so I value their opinion.
    I agree. Good comfort in a helmet is vital, especially on a long ride!!

By the way, I loved your signature about the cat and jam toast.... good laugh!

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    I agree. Good comfort in a helmet is vital, especially on a long ride!!
    Yeah pretty much. I was a bit gutted that the Shark was'nt quite as good a fit, I have a weird head shape for a Kiwi so I thought it'd fit me being a euro helmet (they usually do)

By the way, I loved your signature about the cat and jam toast.... good laugh!
    I ca'nt remember where I stole that from but it had me in hysterics when I first read it too!
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    They'll all do as good a job as one another so comfort on your head, is the ultimate decider. I've got a Shark - I like it but the ventilation isn't as good as my previous Arai. The most comfy, and lightest helmet I've had was a '97 Bell Race Star Chili replica..
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Daytona
    get yourself an agv stealth from ebay. cheap as at the mo and a really decent helmet. got mine for a tidy $380 with a tint visor.

Thread Information