Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mom gives the Blue Lovely a Blow Job

Bike
    Triple Delight

Talking Mom gives the Blue Lovely a Blow Job

As some of you may remember a few weeks ago the blue lovely had a little lie down at Laava's house and came home with the most hugely improved clutch, I was at a loss to describe the difference. She also got the Laava special carb clean and balance, so theoretically all should be sweet in her little world. However, sadly she continues to be naughty and I must look further up the food chain for some results.

Talking to my "new" bestest mentor in the world a couple of weekends ago, he encouraged me, nay he insisted I take it upon myself to give the blue lovely a blow job, so I am

Now there is this apparently magic stuff that comes in a kit to clean and repair rusty fuel tanks, Por 15 is its name, and I went and got myself one. This weekend is the window I have been waiting for so last night I began the process of stripping her back down again. I did not have any wine while working, but as I had already had a few glasses I thought I should be good to go.

Off comes the seat and tank. So far so good, then I took the fuel tap off the tank and drained the petrol. What a hoot! Friggen amatuer even if I say so myself. Eventually got all the fuel out and sealed off the hole with trusty duct tape. Yes, I did try making a little plate up to fit over the hole and screw it down with the tap bolts, but with no metal stuff to use, I ended up using a piece of commercial vinyl and it simply was not up to the task, too soft and leaked like a seive

Next I took off the filler cap and to my horror discovered RUST! Now not just a little bit either, it looked terrible and farnkly I thought it was all over rover for the blue lovelys tank. Peering into the tank itself reveals a patch of rust about the size of my little finger nail on the right hand side, I cant actually see into the bottom of the other side, despite having a mirror on a stick, but I expect it will be worse somehow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 004.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	147275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 005.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	147276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 011.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	147277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 012.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	342.8 KB 
ID:	147278  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Was feeling a bit gutted last night, could not imagine how I could fix the crap that was in the top of my tank. Now this is where my mentor comes in. The lovely _STAIN_ rang me this morning and basically told me to HTFU and get on with it Of course he was actually much politer than that, encouraged me to get stuck in so after having a bit of lunch I went down stairs to tackle this stuff.

Got everything all organised and plastic wrapped the tank, that was fun in the breeze I can tell you.

Fired up the trusty, dusty vacuum cleaner to suck away all the crap I was about to scrape off and got into it with a screwdriver. You know that sound of fingernails on a blackboard I managed to make that sort of noise a few times in the process

Name:	Tank Fix 2 001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	277.8 KB 
ID:	147281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 2 002.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	337.1 KB 
ID:	147282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 2 003.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	315.9 KB 
ID:	147283  
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Geeze Mom with a title like that you will be accused of just trying to get the boys attention...you are such a dirty slapper

BTW - good on you...pretty darned satisfying doing things to your bike yourself (even if there is a little bit of help from knowledgeable peeps)

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Then I wire brushed the hell out of the rusty areas and low and behold I started to see some shiney bare metal

Then I got really fancy and used a bit of wet and dry sandpaper and OMG I found gold. Well not gold really, more the super, duper shiney bare metal I was looking for

Name:	Tank Fix 2 004.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	313.0 KB 
ID:	147285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 2 005.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	147286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 2 006.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	147287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank Fix 2 007.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	147288  
    Nonono,

Bike
    Triple Delight
    So, I have mixed up the first brew of stuff in this tank repair kit, a strong alkaline cleaner in hot water and poured it into the tank and given it a good old shake up I will continue to agitate it for the next few hours and then later on this evening will empty it out and allow it to dry overnight.
    Nonono,

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    Geeze Mom with a title like that you will be accused of just trying to get the boys attention...you are such a dirty slapper

BTW - good on you...pretty darned satisfying doing things to your bike yourself (even if there is a little bit of help from knowledgeable peeps)
    Well now you see, the processes I will have to use involve suction and you just wait and see, but it also involves blowing as well, so of course my brain just veered in that direction for some reason

And yes, it is very satisfying to work on your own bike, I am eternally grateful for the help and encouragement I get for sure
    Nonono,

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Well now you see, the processes I will have to use involve suction and you just wait and see, but it also involves blowing as well, so of course my brain just veered in that direction for some reason
    Of course it's always completely innocent no sexy talk intended I get it

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    You two are a worry....
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    It's more like a colon cleanse or enema, but that's hardly sexy is it.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    It's more like a colon cleanse or enema, but that's hardly sexy is it.
    Depends on whos doing it to whom.....

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    You two are a worry....
    Have just stopped to wipe my brow, it is hard work all this blow drying the inside of the tank you know
    Nonono,

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Well, I text the most wonderful and lovely _STAIN_ to give him a heads up to my attempt to do this He rang me, and once again told me to HTFU! Man I am sure I am going to get pimples on my tongue

What he said was, dont read the instructions, get into it. Typical bloke

Ok, what he actually said was, "this is what I do", talked to me at length and left me to it

So, I dumped the wash, washed the tank out with fresh water, and dried it Then I poured the rust killer into the tank and sloshed it around and around and around (read allowed the solution to contact the tank for a period of time, before I rolled it to a new position, this part took a couple of hours) tell you what, rust gets in just like Bertie Germ from my yoff! Man, what a lessson in chemistry today!

I also painted the stuff on the surfaces not actually contacting the solution

Name:	Fix Tank 3 001.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	340.3 KB 
ID:	147336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fix Tank 3 002.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	349.6 KB 
ID:	147337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fix Tank 3 003.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	311.8 KB 
ID:	147338  
    Nonono,

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    You have young looking hands Mom. Apparently you can tell a womans age by the back of her hands - yours are quite smooth and glowy looking. Yay for you

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Inbetween drying the innards of my tank manually I thought it might be prudent to dismantle the fuel tap and clean that sucker out too! What a revolting mess! Honestly, my poor blue lovely has been struggling along all this time, and I offer her up fuel through this crappy mess

For those that ask about how reserve works, I attempted to place the fuel tap along side where it sits in the tank. Not great pics but work with me here. What a mess the innards of that tap were

So I soaked them in clean petrol, and cleaned the outsides with some fab shit I dont have the name of right now. About had palpitations to see white floaty stuff in my petrol soak, but some smarty pants suggested a bit of a chemical reaction between the petrol and the cleaner. I tested it and he was right

Pay attention at school folks

Name:	Fix Tank 3 004.jpg 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	147348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fix Tank 3 006.jpg 
Size:	335.3 KB 
ID:	147349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fix Tank 3 011.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	147350  
    Nonono,

Thread Information