Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BIKEOI Wellington

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    What she said. 1993. The last time ACC tried this sort of trick. They wanted $1 per cc.

We fought. And won

That was the original BIKOI, but the term hadn't been invented then.

Now, I'm going to burn my eyeballs out , trying to see myself in that crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    Quote Originally Posted by Bend-it View Post
    what protest was that?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    From dim memory I think it was also about higher ACC Leveys on bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What she said. 1993. The last time ACC tried this sort of trick. They wanted $1 per cc.

We fought. And won
    Yep!!!

Give me a few minutes & I'll scan the other pics & newspaper article I have, & put em up..
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    Here tis..

Was mind blowing being in the middle of it all!!! Those pics were taken while we were waiting on the waterfront, getting ready to ride through town

The article heading was a right piss off though!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WGTN ACC ride 1993.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	419.5 KB 
ID:	147391  
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Good on them.. Take the heading off something that wasnt even the point on the protest.. Let alone, Nowhere even near wellington.. What was it, Porirua i read?

That still a good drive out of wellies!

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    I wasnt aware of the previous protest. Given theres more bikes around now (Id guess) as well as a far greater ability to organise this through the internet I can see a coming protest being larger by a material amount.

I cant see the duck pond being anywhere near big enough to bring this many bikes together. Maybe have several large meeting points with people coordinated to leave at the right times to meet up along the way, its not like itd be hard to catch a group of 1,000 bikes in a convoy.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    A group of us rode up from Christchurch to attend the protest ride.

Good things can happen when we all pull together as a well organised, well thought out collective!
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    There are DEFINITELY more bikers around now.. I think my mate knows a couple of young ones.. And i think my bro might know a couple too..

The question here is, Do we want as many riders as possible? Or responsible riders?

Bike
    Cagiva Raptor 650, ZX-10R
    Define responsible...

Maybe the irresponsible ones might learn something from riding with other responsible bikers on the Bikoi? I suppose if they understood why we were doing this, then it might get them to ride responsibly... who knows.

But definitely no squiddish behaviour please...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Ones that will try and be the coolest of the pack..

If you know what i mean..

In otherwords, Idiots. Hoon off and try do wheelies

Bike
    Cagiva Raptor 650, ZX-10R
    No wheelies or hooning on the Bikoi thanks... They may be squids at other times, but no... definitely not on for the Bikoi.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Responsible bikies it is then. If i get a bike (and licence) before we head down, COUNT ME IN!

Thanks to chanceyy for offering to take me down as a Pillion passenger!

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    and theres me thinking hell had frozen over

Well if you can do it once you can do it again

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    But it is worth us thinking of those further ramifacations, and how we can use those arguments to our advantage. I would be supprised if the ramifacations of the new preposed ACC levies is not worring all motorcycle shops for the length of the country, even if their core business is not road bikes.
    Absolutely, but if the Bikoi becomes a protest about 8 things, then they'll pick the 6 that affect us least and drop them and then push the 2 that disadvantage everyone the most through. Focus.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Biker View Post
    There are DEFINITELY more bikers around now.. I think my mate knows a couple of young ones.. And i think my bro might know a couple too..

The question here is, Do we want as many riders as possible? Or responsible riders?
    Think about that for one minute Hopeful, you answered your own question there

SENSIBLE...read that article (just zoom the image) we want no repeat of this historic 'exit strategy' post protest

We NEED everyone that attends to ride TO the event sanely, wave at all the cars who look at us in curiosity, and ride home with the same stupid ' I love you all' smile on their face

Go out and cut up the Taka's the next day but, on BIKOI Day we NEED to be sensible, law abiding riders, evry single one of us
    Just ride.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Think about that for one minute Hopeful, you answered your own question there

SENSIBLE...read that article (just zoom the image) we want no repeat of this historic 'exit strategy' post protest

We NEED everyone that attends to ride TO the event sanely, wave at all the cars who look at us in curiosity, and ride home with the same stupid ' I love you all' smile on their face

Go out and cut up the Taka's the next day but, on BIKOI Day we NEED to be sensible, law abiding riders, evry single one of us
    100% right. The last thing we need is for the press to get a shot of someone doing something silly and our case is blown out of the water, credibility shot to shit.

The Nelson protest is set for Saturday October 24th, Richmond A&P showgrounds at 10.30am, then it's off to give Nick Smith a firm (hopefully well-mannered) message.

We are also looking forward to attending any Wellington event that is organised, well worth the price of a bit of gas and a ferry ticket.

Thread Information