Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manhood and Philip Island - spoiler

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Well, I did catch the interview and I didn't think he was arrogant at all. I thought he raved on for a lot longer than necessary and I was getting bored but he didn't strike me as being arrogant. All down to perceptions I guess.

He rode bloody well though. I didn't think his tyres would go the distance but he maintained his pace really well.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    I only saw the Channel 10 interview immediately after the race - not the official post presentation quote fest.
    Casey was pleased with his effort (as he should be - he was riding the wheels off'n the Duck), but seemed to feel he had to provide an excuse for the times Rossi closed up on him - ie - ducking seagulls, whereas Vale just laughed and admitted he could catch Casey, but couldn't get past. He didn't need any excuses - He and Rossi were in a league apart on Sunday - I'd like to see them both on the same bike - Ducatis, preferably......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    I only saw the Channel 10 interview immediately after the race - not the official post presentation quote fest.
    Casey was pleased with his effort (as he should be - he was riding the wheels off'n the Duck), but seemed to feel he had to provide an excuse for the times Rossi closed up on him - ie - ducking seagulls, whereas Vale just laughed and admitted he could catch Casey, but couldn't get past. He didn't need any excuses - He and Rossi were in a league apart on Sunday - I'd like to see them both on the same bike - Ducatis, preferably......
    Ditto, but would Jeremy Burgess?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Ditto, but would Jeremy Burgess?
    I don't think he cares. I'd pegged him for a Honda stalwart and he went to Yamaha. I don't think the brand matters. Given a year Jeremy Burgess' team could make a Kawasaki competitive. I wouldn't go so far as to say they could help Suzuki though.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I don't think he cares. I'd pegged him for a Honda stalwart and he went to Yamaha. I don't think the brand matters. Given a year Jeremy Burgess' team could make a Kawasaki competitive. I wouldn't go so far as to say they could help Suzuki though.
    i reckon he will go where Rossi goes,and i would say that would be a condition of Rossi's negotiations they obviously are a winning team.

Bike
    Yamaha, R1
    Hi,

I must admit that I have been an avid fan of Rossi for a long time, but I recently read a book called Ring of Fire (hehehe) which is a pretty thorough top down on the GP riders and their off track actions and personalities. It wasn't damning in particular of anyone, but does really point out what makes a great rider the best rider.
    Can't say I back stoner for the championship, but he really had a pretty hard time getting to where he is now. Can definitely recommend it as a good read. Bit bloody pricey though. Will lend it round AMCC for any of you interested in reading it. Chrispy's got it at the moment.

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by saxet View Post
    I see Foggy has been mentioned. He got right up my nose until I read his book and got to understand his mindset. E.G. if I can't win I don't want to play.
    I stopped reading Foggy's book at chapter two where he mentioned women could not and should not race. What an arse.
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystone19 View Post
    What an arse.
    His face certainly reminds me of a smacked one with a couple of googly eyes glued on.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information