Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35 years of battle in the UK take a look

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    NZ politicians wrote legislation that specifically circumvents Article 13 of the UN Declaration of Human Rights. Of course they can;t change the UN Declaration, but they can write legislation in their own country that specifically contravenes the Declaration.

UN declarations should be perforated and distributed on cardboard tubes.

Anyone who lives in a country that uses the Westminster Parliamentary system needs to understand that individual rights are not core to the constitution, and that the needs of the state always superceded those of the individual The Magna Carta was a waste of time.
    Oh Jim...the whole point is that Human Rights will always override NZ Legislation at the end of the day...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahameeboy View Post
    Oh Jim...the whole point is that Human Rights will always override NZ Legislation at the end of the day...
    Like the fact that I'm legally required to send my kids to school but from term one of next year SES's ESW's will only be 50% funded and if the school won't pick up the cost you have pay the other 50% of the legally required ESW? $300/w of compulsory school fees for disabled kids who aren't legally allowed in a classroom without an ESW. A mandated Hobson's choice that clearly abrogates every child's "right" to an education in NZ.

You have no rights. Get used to it.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Like the fact that I'm legally required to send my kids to school but from term one of next year SES's ESW's will only be 50% funded and if the school won't pick up the cost you have pay the other 50% of the legally required ESW? $300/w of compulsory school fees for disabled kids who aren't legally allowed in a classroom without an ESW. A mandated Hobson's choice that clearly abrogates every child's "right" to an education in NZ.

You have no rights. Get used to it.
    We are in similar positions with disability Jim...I am also a Dad fighting to be a Dad which is harder in my situation...but I fight for Nats rights..she goes to main stream school..gets more ESW hours than would normally be allowed...she was the first 4 year old in NZ ever to get a high low function chair fitted to her wheelchair..only ever given to teenagers..she is likely to be the first 6/7 year old to get funding for a Levo chair www.levousa.com again only given to teenagers

Nats is the first child in NZ ever to get funding for 2 homes...

Rights are not automatic, like respect...you have to fight for some...and learn not to be knocked back..

Took me 2 years to get my first appointment letter from Starship...I got my rights in the end...

So as far as I am concerned I do have rights and have done pretty well...and I will never give up even if to get rights I am not popular...the trick is to be true to yourself and be focused and never allow others to knock you off...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    We are in similar positions with disability Jim...I am also a Dad fighting to be a Dad which is harder in my situation...but I fight for Nats rights..she goes to main stream school..gets more ESW hours than would normally be allowed...she was the first 4 year old in NZ ever to get a high low function chair fitted to her wheelchair..only ever given to teenagers..she is likely to be the first 6/7 year old to get funding for a Levo chair www.levousa.com again only given to teenagers

Nats is the first child in NZ ever to get funding for 2 homes...

Rights are not automatic, like respect...you have to fight for some...and learn not to be knocked back..

Took me 2 years to get my first appointment letter from Starship...I got my rights in the end...

So as far as I am concerned I do have rights and have done pretty well...and I will never give up even if to get rights I am not popular...the trick is to be true to yourself and be focused and never allow others to knock you off...
    That's not rights, that's doing your job, plus you're talking about service providers not legislators. Your focus is one step removed from those that can add or remove services based on "rights". The Government quitely removed funding for Early Intervention 4 months ago. The Health and Disability Commissioner did his job, but the UN still haven't responded. The Government reinstated funding after the parents got together and sorted a few MPs out and the H&D Commissioner wrote a few damning public statements.

You need to check your OARS funding situation. OARS funding has been cut 50% from next year. The National Party stated in 2006 at their conference that one of their goals was removing the distraction of ESW's and disabled children from the classroom. There are substantial rewrites of the Education Act heading for select committee after Christmas.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    That's not rights, that's doing your job, plus you're talking about service providers not legislators. Your focus is one step removed from those that can add or remove services based on "rights". The Government quitely removed funding for Early Intervention 4 months ago. The Health and Disability Commissioner did his job, but the UN still haven't responded. The Government reinstated funding after the parents got together and sorted a few MPs out and the H&D Commissioner wrote a few damning public statements.

You need to check your OARS funding situation. OARS funding has been cut 50% from next year. The National Party stated in 2006 at their conference that one of their goals was removing the distraction of ESW's and disabled children from the classroom. There are substantial rewrites of the Education Act heading for select committee after Christmas.
    OARS funding for Nats still good...got an extra hour a week following review last month that you refer to...all good...

Rights are not just linked to Legislation Jim...you still have to fight for rights which oddly I enjoy...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    OARS funding for Nats still good...got an extra hour a week following review last month that you refer to...all good...

Rights are not just linked to Legislation Jim...you still have to fight for rights which oddly I enjoy...
    They aren't rights. They are Government funded services that can be removed by a simple parliamentary session. There is no Constitution in NZ enshrining those rights as absolute. You have no rights. Neither do bikers.

I can guarantee that your OARS funding status will change in 2010.

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    They aren't rights. They are Government funded services that can be removed by a simple parliamentary session. There is no Constitution in NZ enshrining those rights as absolute. You have no rights. Neither do bikers.

I can guarantee that your OARS funding status will change in 2010.
    It won't because the review was for 2010...

You are a negative son of a bitch at times....I doubt very much that Nats funding will be removed....but I still love you

Bike
    orange, light, loud: all i need
    Blog Entries
    If anyone is actually starting this kind of group; pm me 'cause i reckon BRONZ and Ulysseus will be about as effective as they have been for the last 35 years I've been riding on the road: 5%

They seem to have their heads buried in the sand over WHO is driving these levy increases. I reckon they must all be National and ACT supporters and just can't bring themselves to blame the parties they voted for.

Thread Information