Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle freight companies/Getting a motorbike couriered

Bike
    2013 Rocket 3. 2013 T/Bird Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelplay View Post
    Are you still offering this deal, I have a bike I need to get from Auckland the Wellington?
    Is the bike ready to go on the road? Going to Akld this weekend. Was going to ride but could maybe fly and ride back to HBay. Then trailer to Wgtn next weekend when I am coming there. Where in Akld is bike?

Sent from my ZTE R84 using Tapatalk

Bike
    01 Guzzi Jackal
    Quote Originally Posted by bkker View Post
    Well so far I've got the following quotes (took longer because of the long weekend) for Christchurch to Wellington:
    www.biketranz.co.nz $360
    www.motorcyclemovers.co.nz $290 (Motorcycle Transporter Services Ltd, CycleMove)
    www.jeffs.co.nz (depot to depot) $200 + GST
    www.mainfreight.co.nz $150 (depot to depot)

MainFreight requires you to pack the motorbike onto a crate yourself and they told me the service was "at the owners own risk."
    In summary MainFreight is the cheapest but probably not worth the risk, so I guess I'll be going with Jeffs :P

PS - As you can see MotorcycleMovers has changed names a few times.
    I had a bike transported Taihape to Whangarei in May this year.
    www.motorcyclemovers.co.nz Tirau. Quoted $640. Were fairly slack at getting back to me.
    www.nzmotorcyclemovers.co.nz .Quoted $520
    http://www.biketranz.co.nz .Quoted $430

I went with Biketranz.They were quick to reply,kept me informed and the bike was in Whangarei before the payment had been sorted,not that I needed it there quick,but they trusted me to follow through with the payment.(doing this from Malaysia).
    Can't rate them highly enough.

Bike
    the best one
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    I had a bike transported Taihape to Whangarei in May this year.
    www.motorcyclemovers.co.nz Tirau. Quoted $640. Were fairly slack at getting back to me.
    www.nzmotorcyclemovers.co.nz .Quoted $520
    http://www.biketranz.co.nz .Quoted $430

I went with Biketranz.They were quick to reply,kept me informed and the bike was in Whangarei before the payment had been sorted,not that I needed it there quick,but they trusted me to follow through with the payment.(doing this from Malaysia).
    Can't rate them highly enough.
    They are good when things are going swimmingly. But if they fuck your bike they are shit to deal with. I will never use them.

Bike
    Guzzi's , Gilera Saturno
    Pretty pissed off with bike Tranz last time I used them Bike arrived 10 days late. I had taken leave and basically spent my time off waiting for bike to arrive , it finally turned up the day before I had to return to work, I was well pissed off and they offered no explanation. (was quoted 7 working days all up it was closer to 18)

apart from that they had been very good to deal with.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Pretty pissed off with bike Tranz last time I used them Bike arrived 10 days late. I had taken leave and basically spent my time off waiting for bike to arrive , it finally turned up the day before I had to return to work, I was well pissed off and they offered no explanation. (was quoted 7 working days all up it was closer to 18)

apart from that they had been very good to deal with.
    any chance it was around the time of the kaikioura earthquake which fucked a lot of surface travel up?

Bike
    Various things
    I used to mostly say go with NZ Motorcycle Movers...but for my RV collection in Geraldine...they didn't even bother to return my call. Maybe because I'm no longer at WMCC doing dozens of deliveries a year, they now don't give a fuck....

Bike Tranz it is from now on.

Bike
    CBR400RR NC29
    Blog Entries

freight costs for GSXR750

I recently got prices to transport my 06 GSXR750 from Auckland to Wellington as it was not in any state to be able to ride it. I got quotes from a few differant companies and it was going to cost anywhere from $340 inc gst for the cheapest quote to around $480 plus gst for the most expensive. None of them would take an extra box of bits that I had with my bike, so in the end I drove my van up and collected it myself as it cost considerably less to do it that way.
    www.fairingsolutions.co.nz
    4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul

Bike
    Various things
    I recently got prices to transport my 06 GSXR750 from Auckland to Wellington as it was not in any state to be able to ride it. I got quotes from a few differant companies and it was going to cost anywhere from $340 inc gst for the cheapest quote to around $480 plus gst for the most expensive. None of them would take an extra box of bits that I had with my bike, so in the end I drove my van up and collected it myself as it cost considerably less to do it that way.
    A workmate used the chap from Tirau to deliver a bike he'd sold via trade me. The cunt seemed great. Took a large box of bits as well at no extra cost.

Bike
    suzuki
    so in the end I drove my van up and collected it myself as it cost considerably less to do it that way.
    that's incredible, if you factored your hourly rate, gas, road user charges, accomadation as you wouldn't have been allowed to drive there and back without legal breaks meaning an overnight stop etc

Bike
    CBR400RR NC29
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    that's incredible, if you factored your hourly rate, gas, road user charges, accommodation as you wouldn't have been allowed to drive there and back without legal breaks meaning an overnight stop etc
    Haha sleep is for those that are beautiful, not me. I went with a mate left at 5am and got to Dorkland at 1.30 in the afternoon. Most the time was lost from Hamilton to the city center as they seem to have never ending roadworks and some redick driving behavior up that way. I factored in my ks and diesel and it was cheap enough, I didn't factor my time but as the missus says I'm useless, so I have to assume its worth nothing anyway.

We had a few breaks for the good stuff like burger king, chips, more burgers and of course garage pies so it wasn't all bad. The most amusing part of the drive was stopping for maccas in Tokoroa and some old lady getting the shits with me as she thought I was standing to close to her while shes was doing her eftpos thing. I was not even within two meters of her but shes was old so I must assume she was right and i was wrong.

I did get a lot of offers to get the bike down this way but they were all from guys who wanted to see how fast they could get my gixer back down here to me and if she was running legally I could have done that myself. I understand well enough about making a dollar transporting stuff but I would have though that these companies would bring a big truckload of stuff down and make it more reasonable priced. But I don't haul freight so i have no idea of the real cost of moving stuff just know what I wanted to spend to do it.

Bike
    Gone
    At least doing it yourself you can be sure it wasn't fucked with. I once sold a bike to an out of town buyer and it arrived munted (either that, or the cunt crashed it and wanted to see if he could sucker a few grand out of me).

Next time I ever send a large item (car, bike, whatever), I'm going to take photos and videos as I drop it off at least that way there is some proof it was as described when I dropped it off!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    At least doing it yourself you can be sure it wasn't fucked with. I once sold a bike to an out of town buyer and it arrived munted (either that, or the cunt crashed it and wanted to see if he could sucker a few grand out of me).

I'm going to take photos and videos as I drop it off at least that way there is some proof it was as described when I dropped it off!
    pretty easy to tell the difference between crash damage and transit damage, also what happened to the photos you had to sell it with?

Bike
    Gone
    Nothing came of it in the end. I told the guy it was fine when I sent it, and he never contacted me again. However, I could easily see it devolve into a he-said-she-said situation dragging out for months wasting tens or even hundreds of hours of my time.

Taking photos right outside the transportation company when you drop it off OR taking photos of the car / bike as it is loaded onto their truck (and then immediately emailing them off to the buyer) gives you extra peace of mind at the point where your responsibility ends.

It's the difference between dragging out for weeks or a cut and dry case, for 30 seconds of effort really.

Bike
    CBR400RR NC29
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    Nothing came of it in the end. I told the guy it was fine when I sent it, and he never contacted me again. However, I could easily see it devolve into a he-said-she-said situation dragging out for months wasting tens or even hundreds of hours of my time.

Taking photos right outside the transportation company when you drop it off OR taking photos of the car / bike as it is loaded onto their truck (and then immediately emailing them off to the buyer) gives you extra peace of mind at the point where your responsibility ends.

It's the difference between dragging out for weeks or a cut and dry case, for 30 seconds of effort really.
    Yes I always take pictures of everything I sell and even then its amazing how many people will still try and blame me for transit or other damage when its really clear that I did not send it that way.

Bike
    Suzuki AN125
    Hi guys,
    I am kinda new here. I checked some of yours advised freight companies but they average wants ~650+GST for moving my little scooter Suzuki AN125. Any idea about company who can freight my scooter from Auckland to Queenstown?

Thread Information