Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Service interval on an Ohlins rear shock

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
    Didn't mean to tarnish all Trumpet owners with the same brush! I was referring to the 675 US forum where there are one or two posters who are obsessed with all things gold or carbon fibre! It was said in jest
    No worries! Note that the 675 has a particularly nasty link ratio progressivity.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    and the exspense of the mobile work shop

!
    You mean that gaily painted pixie hutt, it's about time they upgraded to a proper coffee machine in it.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by cs363 View Post
    Back to the subject matter, I have Ohlins shocks on both of my bikes and I can attest to the fact that the CKT/RT fettled product is a big advancement on the out-of-the-box product.
    Best of all is Roberts after sales service, he is quite happy to fine tune the product (usually at no further cost) until the customer is 100% happy with the result.
    You might be able to buy 'the product' cheaply off the interweb, but that kind of service and follow up is worth it's weight in gold IMO.
    You call those things bikes? One needs a pilot vehicle preceding it warning of wide loads following and the other appears to have been designed by a failed set designer from battlestar gallactica.

ps. wheres the levers?

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcktfsh View Post
    You mean that gaily painted pixie hutt, it's about time they upgraded to a proper coffee machine in it.

A ha, you weight till you see the new one then!!!!
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Various
    You call those things bikes? One needs a pilot vehicle preceding it warning of wide loads following and the other appears to have been designed by a failed set designer from battlestar gallactica.

ps. wheres the levers?
    At least mine are working, registered and WOF'd unlike your motley collection of half built wrecks. Has your limp wrist healed yet?
    When are you getting that crossdressing Italian/Japanese thing with a name that sounds like a dubious sexual proclivity back on the road?

You expect free stuff now as well?

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    None

ps. wheres the levers?
    And they need a lighthouse on every corner to show them the way!

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    And they need a lighthouse on every corner to show them the way!
    And you STFU too!
    Remember, we have a deal.....and you have six carbies to overhaul.....

Just been looking at the tags on this thread, wasn't aware you'd changed your name to reflect your Maori heritage 9explains why your father voted Labour).
    Do we now address you as Bishop, or your worship or what?

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    None
    And you STFU too!
    Remember, we have a deal.....and you have six carbies to overhaul.....

Just been looking at the tags on this thread, wasn't aware you'd changed your name to reflect your Maori heritage 9explains why your father voted Labour).
    Strong political conviction comes from my mothers side, tough and stern people come from Northern England. Religion is mainstream protestant as opposed to the arm waving variety.
    Strong protestant work ethic and totally averse to BS and people that blatantly use you
    My father carried my disgust at his one voting indiscretion to the grave.
    Sir will suffice nicely plus an improvement in your dress code wouldnt go amiss.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    You going to make the steps low enough on the new trailer for Rcktfsh? Unless someone lifts him up, I doubt he's even seen the inside of the present trailer.
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Wonder just how much susp we need to have purchased to get a gold "ring" ?

Bike
    Various
    At least mine are working, registered and WOF'd unlike your motley collection of half built wrecks. Has your limp wrist healed yet?
    When are you getting that crossdressing Italian/Japanese thing with a name that sounds like a dubious sexual proclivity back on the road?

You expect free stuff now as well?
    Actually have two warrented/registered bikes in the garage including the bastard italian/japanese love child.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    You going to make the steps low enough on the new trailer for Rcktfsh? Unless someone lifts him up, I doubt he's even seen the inside of the present trailer.

Low enough for me, is low enough for any one
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    If you looked at Ohlins gross profit per annum youd ask wha do they put so much effort in for so little return. 7%

Red runs his team ( Robbie Bugden, James Smith ) We ( CKT ) are responsible for doing internal setting changes to the suspension units that we supply to that team, invoiced to Suzuki NZ. Whilst Red is starting to look after some of our interests in the South Island we will still be looking after Robbies and James suspension when called upon.

My paying customers are by no means subsidising free assistance to others. Over the winter months we have done a lot of development work with the Blue Wing Honda racebikes and now with Strouds new K9. Neither BWH or SNZ are invoiced for our time, only any parts used. And we have helped a lot of people besides, who have asked.

We have service contracts for some of the distributor riders during the Nationals, it barely covers costs.

If then it is percieved that our product prices subsidise subsequent setup then our prices are much too low.

Ohlins instituting that policy is a first step in combating internet resellers who have no respect for appointed territories and the cost in infrastructure that each distributor has. There are to be further measures. It doesnt help that the US Ohlins distributor can purchase product in $US giving better insulation against currency fluctuation. It also dosent help that the $NZ is currently so strong, in the end event its no good for exporters and NZ business, the 2 biggest contributors to the welfare of our country. Its time more of us put the overall wellbeing of the country above self interest., and I make no aplogy for saying that.

Have to agree with this Robert has helped alot this season on my bikes and hasnt charged me andim not a front runner but when I want suspension work done it goes toRobert no one else as I am one for loyalty with someone who helps you return the favour
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Thread Information