Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland - rolling protest ride

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Can the ride do a stop, regroup and set off again at X oclock from a couple of points along the way.

That way people who may not be able to make it to the start can join in along the way .
    No regrouping Les, it is non-stop apart from the traffic lights.
    I suggest any who cant make the start, find a good visual spot close to where we will be riding past and then join on.
    Better still, make the start point cos we will have two TEC's and those joining on later will end up behind the two TEC's

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    Not sure if I can attend yet but...
    just a suggestion, after both the turn around at Westgate (top of the north western) and the lights through botany / pakuranga your line will be strung out & the rear riders will be having to crank it up to catch up. Find a stop after these two points to regroup.
    I suggest get off at Te atatu north & regroup (free turn onto the motorway?) and on Ti rakau drive (pakuranga) before getting onto the south eastern.

Good idea, hope there are lots of riders on the day.
    It all depends on the amount of bikes and we will decide on the day about the Te Atatu off ramp regroup, but at this stage we wont be stopping.

The pace will be slowed at the Westgate turn around and also the onramp north after the South Eastern. If it happens to be a large amount of bikes we are more than likely to have a little help. Will know more about this later today.

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    Hang on, the point is, you need a location that provides a traffic light free entry onto the next bit off the motorway so the group starts off in one bunch. Not westgate.
    Ahh, I get you now. Traffic lights don't apply to bikes though??

Lots of motorway riding though. I'm not convinced that gaps couldn't be made up relatively easily.

Still, depends on the numbers that turn up I guess.

EDIT: Maha beat me to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Morning all,

Heart Children are seriously on-board with this.

Couple of points:
    Does anyone have an estimate of how long this will take, for the timing of the Domain bit?
    Do we have a volunteer (not required to be a rider) to act as Point Duty at the Domain on the day. We will need a cell number for you so the Heart Children lady can get in touch upon arrival.
    (This is up in the air, as I haven't offered yet) - Is anyone prepared to take a pillion representative of Heart Children on the entire ride? (I can and will, cos Miss Mully is getting her hair done, anyone else?)

My intention is to peel off at some point and head to the domain and get set up for arriving bikes. Maha will do point at the Domain entrance. I am happy to make a time to meet with a Heart Children representative there, can offer up a seat on the blue lovely, but I have no spare gear. I will be talking to the museum people about our plans too

Maha is very aware of how a bunch of bikes can get strung out so will be controlling the lead riding speed at all times to make sure we stay in a group. The last thing we need is the riders at the back having to hare along to catchup with the rest of the group.

I am quietly working away in the background here to get something of worth happening when we get to the Domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Please bring your flags/banners/noise makers etc.

i ride my noisemaker...
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
    i ride my noisemaker...
    You can ride up front with the big people if you turn up....

Bike
    XR600
    You can ride up front with the big people if you turn up....
    What you calling me fat??? WTF
    Ahhh how you be sir?
    Lost in USA

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by T.I.E View Post
    What you calling me fat??? WTF
    Ahhh how you be sir?
    Big as in adult sized not as in to much boil up....
    Ya coming back for this event?.....

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    My intention is to peel off at some point and head to the domain and get set up for arriving bikes. Maha will do point at the Domain entrance. I am happy to make a time to meet with a Heart Children representative there, can offer up a seat on the blue lovely, but I have no spare gear. I will be talking to the museum people about our plans too

I am quietly working away in the background here to get something of worth happening when we get to the Domain.
    Good Plan Mom

Miss Mully (MuzzyBee) is having a "Wedding Hair Trial" (Yawn!!) that day, so she wont be wearing a lid. I believe her intention is to meet at the Domain also, in our cage.

I have sent an e-mail round at work looking for excess bears to come on the ride.
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Good Plan Mom

Miss Mully (MuzzyBee) is having a "Wedding Hair Trial" (Yawn!!) that day, so she wont be wearing a lid. I believe her intention is to meet at the Domain also, in our cage.

I have sent an e-mail round at work looking for excess bears to come on the ride.
    *YAWN* some things are actually REALLY important you know

OK, so you me and you and a dog named BOO will liase further about plans at the end. Can you cope with TEC if I abandon you part way through is the question
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    BMW R1200GS (2010)

Thumbs up

All good points Mully thank you...
    The Motorway Patrol will be notified on Monday and all steps will be taken to ensure that we do everthing without to much disruption.
    I'm glad to hear that you are talking with the MP. I suspect they might put some traffic control measures in around some of the major intersections which would be helpful - they may also want to renegotiate aspects of the route so that they can do the above and make it safer for all. The police are definitely not the enemy here.

Whoever is spokesman should make sure they have some carefully prepared and memorised "sound-bites" to regurgitate to the media at the appropriate times. Knowing how to pivot unrelated questions onto these sound bites would also be useful. Any long answers will be edited down and may well lose their meaning. By providing sound-bites you are making it easy for the editing room and YOU are controlling your message. It's also a REALLY good idea to make sure that the sound-bite stands alone, or re-state the question in your answer. That way the interviewer can be edited out as well - this leaves more time for you and your message.

All in all good work the pair of you (and anyone else responsible). I shall try and make it.
    The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, he said.

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR600 K7
    what time are you anticipating getting to the museum? and what time leaving there?

Bike
    Pillion
    Can I send up a bear for someone to take along please!!!
    It is entirely possible to teach an old blond new tricks!!!

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR Trace View Post
    what time are you anticipating getting to the museum? and what time leaving there?
    At this stage, midday for the convoy.

Mom, can you answer the second question please (given your behind the scenes moving and shaking)

Quote Originally Posted by allycatz View Post
    Can I send up a bear for someone to take along please!!!
    Yes you may.

Our local couriers are useless - does anyone have an address we can use for out of town bears?

Bike
    Eurotrash
    Big as in adult sized not as in to much boil up....
    Ya coming back for this event?.....
    Wait? I have to be an adult? No one told me that!

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.L View Post
    Wait? I have to be an adult? No one told me that!
    Growing older is compulsory
    Growing up is optional.

Thread Information