Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland - rolling protest ride

Bike
    Its a Boat

Thumbs up Auckland - Rolling Protest Ride

Mully, and my good self, have been nutting out an Auckland ACC Protest ride.

Auckland - Rolling Protest Ride

When: Saturday 14th November (reserve day is the following Saturday in case of rain)

Where: Starting, Dairy Flat Autobahn (point A) ending Auckland Domain/Museum (point B).

Time: Assemble in the car park of the BP/Burger King/Autobahn from 9am onwards. Please make sure you are fully gassed up, fed, watered and relieved before 10am! All facilities are onsite for your convenience.

Depart: 10am

This is a rolling protest ride covering the wider Auckland area, point A to point B, non stop.

Please bring your flags/banners/noise makers etc. At all times this ride will be orderly and law abiding. We are NOT deliberately setting out to inconvenience the motoring public of Auckland. This is about making our presence felt and a chance to express our angst about this psycho levy proposal.

We will be using the standard rules around riding in a group, staggered formation please.

The speed out of the Autobahn car park will be slow until all bikes are on the motorway and grouped together, then a maximum speed of 90 kph will be adhered to on the motorway system at all times.

*RIDE BRIEF AT 9.40*
    Please register your attendance here

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...day=2009-11-14

Teddy Bear run for Heart Children

'Please ensure that teddy bears are brand new then put in a plastic bag'

This Protest Ride will now include 'Heart Children'
    A Teddy Bear is required to hand over at the end of the ride.
    The Media will love this.

There will be Protest Resources avaliable for purchase at the Domain - Fundraising to support the Protest (War Chest)
    Read all about in here..
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...d.php?t=111452

Bike
    Its a Boat

Route

• Heading North from the Autobahn to the Silverdale off ramp/then heading back into Auckland City.

• Harbour Bridge, we will be using Lane 4 only. That will take us onto the North Western Motorway without lane changes.

• We will use the two outside lanes of the North Western.

• At the end of the North Western, we will use the light controlled round-a-bout and head back towards the city using the Lane Marked Hamilton/South (Southern Motorway)

• Once on the Southern Motorway we will stay in Lane 1 heading for Papakura.

• Taking the Papakura/Karaka off-ramp crossing the Motorway and make our way back into the City

• Exit the Motorway at the Wellesley Street off ramp and head for the Auckland domain.

• Lower Domain Rd is off Stanley Street.

• There will someone on point at the entrance to the Domain.

• Finishing up at the Auckland Museum.

There may well be a few people that want to talk when we get there.

Bike
    2012 Victory Highball
    Poker run?

Protest ride?

Poker run?

Protest ride?

Poker run?

Protest ride?

Poker run?

Protest ride?

shitshitshitshit brain is locking up
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet

Bike
    2012 Victory Highball
    Dunno, but there's a good one on the 14th

Bike
    97 T595
    Quote Originally Posted by AD345 View Post
    tell me more

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Theres a Poker run on Sunday the 15th?
    Nothing on the KB calender about a Poker run.

I will be there Maha. No date is going to suit all people and if events arent advertised then its tough to not clash.

Good on you and Mr Mully for organising this.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by gtr boy View Post
    tell me more
    If we could keep to the topic I would appreciate it.

Bike
    2012 Victory Highball
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    Nothing on the KB calender about a Poker run.

I will be there Maha. No date is going to suit all people and if events arent advertised then its tough to not clash.

Good on you and Mr Mully for organising this.
    Yeah good effort team.

MD - there's a bucket load of organised runs that don't cross the gates of KB. This is just one that our club has been invited to and I'm having a need/want dilemma is all.

Nuthin to do wif KB as a whole - just my personal pain.

BTW - I think the Redeemed have something on on the same weekend, some sort of charity run

Bike
    Bandit
    Dilema! If you want everyone to be legal, then I, and probably a couple of others will have to leave early. I can only "legally" do 70 dumb ass law Either way it's going in my diary and I'll see ya there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    KB does not require a high standard of membership behavior.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by GOONR View Post
    Dilema! If you want everyone to be legal, then I, and probably a couple of others will have to leave early. I can only "legally" do 70 dumb ass law Either way it's going in my diary and I'll see ya there.
    I will control the speed and chances are the overall speed wont be 90kph for any length of time, you will be fine.

Bike
    Its a Boat

What we will accomplish on the day is

We will keep this rediculous ACC Levy issue in the public eye.

We wont let go
    We wont just roll over and say ''ah fuck it, its all good''.

Any increase in the ACC levy part of the (motor vehicle registration) should be fair and just for all those that (who at anytime) may need ACC cover.

To simply lay blame and target bikers is just not acceptable.

And to the many non-biker people I have spoken to over the last few weeks about it, they all feel our plight is totally justified.

We are all voters right?

We are the minority of road users so I guess, in the Governments eyes, we are the Easy Target.
    Well, the Easy Target is here for the duration and beyond.

And to combine this ride with Heart Children is just an added bonus.

Bike
    GSA & WR
    +1 mate.

Ive experienced nothing but support from non bikers.
    'Good luck bud' from strangers in the gas station, toots from truckies and cars when parked up outside our fearless leaders kumeu office, 'Its not fair' from people at work, neighbours have old and young have said they support our plight. I'll be there mate on the mighty 14 making up the numbers.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    +1 mate.

Ive experienced nothing but support from non bikers.
    'Good luck bud' from strangers in the gas station, toots from truckies and cars when parked up outside our fearless leaders kumeu office, 'Its not fair' from people at work, neighbours have old and young have said they support our plight. I'll be there mate on the mighty 14 making up the numbers.
    Cheers Graham, yes last thursday promted the idea of getting out there and getting moral support form the other road users. Yesterday at the Puhoi, some younger people came over to us and asked what its all about (these were early to mid 20's people) they were gob-smacked and handed over some coins for a few bits and peices. I know theres a quite a few who cant make it to Wellington so this is for them too.

Bike
    Bandit
    I will control the speed and chances are the overall speed wont be 90kph for any length of time, you will be fine.
    Sweet! I'll defo be there, was at the gathering at the National Party Conference, couldn't make the one yesterday (long standing commitment) but will add my support again at this one!

If everyone stands up to be counted... oh wait, ACC / National can't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    KB does not require a high standard of membership behavior.

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Teddy Bear run for Heart Children

This Protest Ride will now include 'Heart Children'
    A Teddy Bear is required to hand over at the end of the ride.
    The Media will love this.

There will be Protest Resources avaliable for purchase at the Domain - Fundraising to support the Protest.
    Just in regard to this, as a warning, I suppose.

Heart Children are pretty sick (obviously). For this reason, Heart Children NZ can't accept "used" Teddy Bears to give out. Simply because a kid drooling on a Teddy Bear can cause it to harbour bacteria which can fuck these kids up (These aren't their words, I'm paraphasing here).

At least one senior person from Heart Children will be present for the hand-over of the bears. http://www.heartchildren.org.nz/

As Maha has said, the media will be alerted about this ride (probably by Heart Children as well). We also expect the Police to be aware of it (we aren't hiding it), so decorum is essential.

We're riding, as (voting) adults to indicate that we do not approve of the proposed levies. If you want to to wheelies or burnouts or race everyone, I kindly suggest you do not attend.

If anyone wants to donate a Teddy Bear, but can't attend the ride, please let us know and we will try to make arrangements to have your Bear pillion with someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Thread Information