Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BIKEOI Fundraiser! Action Packs for sale!

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon View Post
    Yes that is correct. If you don't specify a design, we will send you the target one. If you want the other (110,000 bikers) you will need to specify in your order.
    Brilliant
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    Next print run will feature a new design based on the ACC "tank" graphic - if anyone has any other wish list for hivis (or other fabric based) graphics, please post here

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to all who placed orders before the Wednesday 4pm deadline! All those orders were dispatched yesterday (Thursday) morning.

For those who placed their orders after 4pm Wednesday, we will get your gear out to you ASAP. A lot of members of the Sewing Circle are away this weekend, but we will do our best for dispatch early next week.

We have plenty of stock and will also be at any Auckland protests (as long as we know in advance!)

Thanks again for your orders, we have started receiving a few requests for funding for protest materials so your contribution is being very well used and much appreciated!
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Thanks to all who placed orders before the Wednesday 4pm deadline! All those orders were dispatched yesterday (Thursday) morning.
    Did I give you my address on the PM?
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Did I give you my address on the PM?
    yes you did. I have a feeling yours may have ended up in Mom's 'exceptions' pile where she decided it would be quicker & easier for her to hand-deliver some parcels rather than mail them out.

Mom is in Wellington for the weekend so i can't check with her directly. I will send her a PM and ask if she has yours in her back pocket.

Bike
    Dog Rooter
    EDIT #2: I tried some more home made transfers using Klingon's tea-towel on board approach (below) and it works like a charm so read her post

Thanks team. I've ironed the stuff onto the back of the hivis and learned a couple of things while doing mine that others may find useful if they have blind spots in similar areas to me:

1) Don't overdo the ironing. 2 minutes seems to be plenty. More is not better.
    2) Don't catch the edges of one section when ironing another (thereby overdoing that bit) unless you like spending time with a sharp knife and have lots of patience scraping papery bits off hivis vests. EDIT: But also see Klingon's tip below...
    3) DON'T PUT NEWSPAPER under the tea towels unless you want a mirror image of it on your table top.
    4) Baking soda, vinegar and elbow grease can get newspaper ink off a table top.

Cheers - Chasio

PS - All suggestions for correction or amendment from the experts are very welcome
    Last edited by chasio; 9th November 2009 at 21:30. Reason: Edit #2

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Thats good tips. Thanks, you get a bling

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post
    Thanks team. I've ironed the stuff onto the back of the hivis and learned a couple of things while doing mine that others may find useful if they have blind spots in similar areas to me:

1) Don't overdo the ironing. 2 minutes seems to be plenty. More is not better.
    2) Don't catch the edges of one section when ironing another (thereby overdoing that bit) unless you like spending time with a sharp knife and have lots of patience scraping papery bits off hivis vests.
    3) DON'T PUT NEWSPAPER under the tea towels unless you want a mirror image of it on your table top.
    4) Baking soda, vinegar and elbow grease can get newspaper ink off a table top.

Cheers - Chasio

PS - All suggestions for correction or amendment from the experts are very welcome
    An additional hint:

5) The cat may think she is helping by moving the Hi Vis vest while you are ironing, but you must find something else for her to help with.
    Time to ride

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for those tips, chasio!

Another one that I have found recently:

If you take off your backing paper and find that the transfer hasn't completely bondad with the cloth (you will see whitish areas where it's not bonded) you can put a sheet of non-stick baking paper over it and iron it again. Wait for it to cool before removing the baking paper.

I have also found that the whole thing bonds best when you iron it on a hard surface, so I have a large chopping board that I put under it and iron on the kitchen bench-top (a good height for ironing).

Thanks to everyone who is still placing orders! I will get them out to you ASAP.

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    The latest ones come with some instructions (the first batch didn't!) - I will hopefully add some of the tips to the next lot of instructions.

I'm sure if you are buying an iron-on kit, for a dollar or two more Klingon will include a sheet of exactly the right non0stick paper to make your life simple

One other thing - anyone want to see any OTHER design?

Bike
    Eurotrash
    I'd like the tank design and the words 'Who's next' for a pale t-shirt, who do I talk to? Do you guys need a hand with anything? (I don't sew but can iron on transfers or something)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.L View Post
    I'd like the tank design and the words 'Who's next' for a pale t-shirt, who do I talk to? Do you guys need a hand with anything? (I don't sew but can iron on transfers or something)
    Come along to Danish House on Wednesday, if you can! Also bring your T-shirt with you and we'll see what we can do.

Phantasm is in the process of printing out new transfers and we will be ironing as fast as we can on Wednesday night to get our current batch of orders filled, have some stock for the Auckland ride this weekend, and have some for the Big BIKEOI in the week.

If you can bring an iron, that would be great too. Otherwise we will (hopefully) have a couple there and also some other jobs for you to do.

Bike
    Eurotrash
    Come along to Danish House on Wednesday, if you can! Also bring your T-shirt with you and we'll see what we can do.

Phantasm is in the process of printing out new transfers and we will be ironing as fast as we can on Wednesday night to get our current batch of orders filled, have some stock for the Auckland ride this weekend, and have some for the Big BIKEOI in the week.

If you can bring an iron, that would be great too. Otherwise we will (hopefully) have a couple there and also some other jobs for you to do.
    Will be there, shall bring the iron if I can find it!

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    I can confirm we now have Danae's "tank" design with the "Who's Next" word available for Hivis's (and light coloured T-SHirts tooo...)

There are a few versions out there .. but I'm using the one from the Protest graphics thread :

I CAN do prints for dark T-shirts etc - but I need a bit of warning and a few orders to do that one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	accfinal (1).png 
Views:	42 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	150631  

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone from the first batch order people received their packs yet ?

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Thread Information