Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BIKEOI Fundraiser! Action Packs for sale!

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries

BIKEOI Fundraiser! Action Packs for sale!

The Scary Bikers Sewing Circle (Auckland Division) has been making action packs and selling them to raise funds for the cause. It now seems there are requests coming in from all over the country so we are making them available by mail order!

What's in the pack? You can have any combination of the following:
    • Fluoro Vest $6
    • Iron on transfer kit (for vest, T-shirt, etc) $15
    • Yellow arm band $2
    • Yellow flag (without flag pole) $3

How to order and pay:
    • Send me a PM telling me exactly what you want and giving me a postal address to send it to.
    • Deposit the correct amount of money into the following bank account (administered by MadDuck):
      C C Scott
      National Bank Panmure
      06-0996-0272056-000

You do not need to cross-reference your deposit with an order - we are doing it as a matter of trust.

Please add a small donation to cover postage and packing.

Where does the money go?
    • The purpose of the fund is to set up a War Chest for protest actions. We will use it to cover things like printing costs, banners, more raw materials for more Action Packs, possibly some advertising...
    • If there is any money left over once we have WON it will be donated to one or more emergency service eg. rescue helicopter trusts or ambulance services.
    • The fund is being administered by MadDuck on behalf of the BIKEOI protest group that has sprung up here on KB and is not affiliated with any other group (eg BRONZ or Ulysses)

Please feel free to ask further questions if you like, but also try to keep this thread on topic.
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    More info about the different parts of the kit:

The yellow arm bands ($2) are a stretchy/knit fabric that's almost fluoro-type yellow. We have made them in one size only (large) to go over bulky bike jackts with armoured elbows. You may need to alter the size once you get it. You can also (for no extra charge) have a slogan written on the arm band. So far we have:
    • We won't pay
    • Who's next?
    • Damn the Levies
    • BIKEOI '09
    • Nick's Myth is no ACCident

Please specify your slogan when ordering.

The yellow flags ($3) are made out of the same material as the arm bands and measure approx. 250mm square. (We can make larger sizes but there will be an extra cost.) Due to the prohibitive cost of postage we cannot supply flag poles with them but we suggest using a fishing rod, tent pole, electric fence standard, bamboo stem or other flexi pole. It's up to you to work out how to mount it on your bike.

PhantasmNZ will be along shortly with photos of the vest transfer options. Each transfer kit comes with a small pic showing how to lay it out, and soon we will be adding instructions for ironing it on.

The Scary Bikers Sewing Circle is willing to produce other kit or other combinations, and even iron the transfers onto the vests for you. Get in touch with your ideas and we will price it up for you - but expect to pay extra for any extra materials and/or work! This is a fund raiser after all!

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    There are two styles of transfer currently - please advise me or Klingon if there is anything you particularly want (or need further customisation) - Depending on time pressures it may well be possible - for an appropriate donation to the cause

Here is the main design (you may have seen this on a couple of other threads)

I've also got this one that I did for my rush hour commutes more than the protest rides/Bikeoi

I can do transfers on a white substrate too that will print on black/dark surafces if there is enough demand

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the orders everyone! Our next batch will be mailed out on Thursday morning so should be with you in timefor any weekend events.

Please remember that unless you specify otherwise, you will get your vest plus transfers ready to iron on, but YOU need to do the ironing.

Keep the orders coming! You folks are great!

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Is there anything on the flags as standard or do we pick what we want?
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    ooo, i love the second vest design. makes a good point.
    what style are the fluoros in the pack? like, do they have zips or velcro/dome?
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    ooo, i love the second vest design. makes a good point.
    what style are the fluoros in the pack? like, do they have zips or velcro/dome?
    They are the velcro type (just the light-weight mesh ones rather than the heavy vinyl-type stuff)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Is there anything on the flags as standard or do we pick what we want?
    There is nothing on the flags - they are just fluoro yellow fabric.

We can put the transfers on them, but that will be an extra $10 per side. We can write on them (like we do with the arm bands) but the ink soaks through so they don't look so good on the other side.

Hmm... haven'tperfected the flags yet.... I suggest you get one anyway then tell us the best way to decorate it!

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon View Post
    I suggest you get one anyway then tell us the best way to decorate it!
    glitter, sequins and tassels!!!!!!

o wait, its not for the gay pride parade is it?
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    1980 Suzuki GS1000 and 1983 Suzuki GR650

We can put the transfers on them, but that will be an extra $10 per side. We can write on them (like we do with the arm bands) but the ink soaks through so they don't look so good on the other side.

Hmm... haven'tperfected the flags yet.... I suggest you get one anyway then tell us the best way to decorate it!
    try writing on them before sewing sides together, brown paper underneath when writing
    Boys can't ride broken toys.

Bike
    None - s'fucked

We can put the transfers on them, but that will be an extra $10 per side.:
    Can I get one with the commuting one on it? (ACC levies could for 110000 more cars onto the road)
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Can I get one with the commuting one on it? (ACC levies could for 110000 more cars onto the road)
    Sure! Do you want it n one side ($13) or two sides ($23)?

We will custom-make it on Wednesday evening and mail it to you on Thursday morning.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickle View Post
    try writing on them before sewing sides together, brown paper underneath when writing
    Yep, we could do that Wickle... but it would still cost about $15 per flag because of the extra fabric and time.

I have just been experimenting and the iron-on transfers look great on the flags! I reckon they are worth $23 double sided, even if I do say so myself!

Bike
    Bandit
    Can I have a Fluoro Vest with the commuting one on it? (ACC levies could for 110000 more cars onto the road), and please please please can it come pre-assembled, just wear and ride away! I'll hand over a few extra dollars, my ironing is just poo!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    KB does not require a high standard of membership behavior.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmNZ View Post
    There are two styles of transfer currently - please advise me or Klingon if there is anything you particularly want (or need further customisation) - Depending on time pressures it may well be possible - for an appropriate donation to the cause

Here is the main design (you may have seen this on a couple of other threads)

[image deleted]

I've also got this one that I did for my rush hour commutes more than the protest rides/Bikeoi

[image deleted]

I can do transfers on a white substrate too that will print on black/dark surafces if there is enough demand
    Does anyone have a file of the graphics in Phantam's post that I could print? I've got an idea of how I can put a laminated A4 page on the front of my fairing.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Thread Information