Thread: Wills Vmcc round 6

Bike
    1996 Aprilia Rs250 Chesterfield

Wills Vmcc round 6

Will Baker Race Report; Actrix VMCC Round 6

Qualifying

125GP

Rolled the bikes out under the threatening skies and started them up it looked as though we may get some track time in on the short track before the rain came. I felt really comfortable on the bike and quickly picked up the pace to where I left off from Round 5. I focused on trying to carry more speed into Higgins and Dunlop and I seemed to improve slightly.

Qualified 5th with a 1m:29.944

SuperLite

The sun struggled through the clouds a few times as we headed out with the big bikes. I was feeling focused and enjoying my time on the bike with my lap times getting quicker. I started focusing on my weak points, such as not carrying sufficient speed through Higgins and I got around faster. Qualified 4th out of the 125’s with a 1m:27.895

Race 1

125GP

Had a terrible start but managed to catch up in turn1 and 2 tagging on behind James Jarman and following him around the track. I could see I was gaining on him though T3 and coming into the hairpin but he just seemed to have the bit extra everywhere else! Got really close to him in the 2nd to last lap only to get caught behind some backmarkers while he took off ahead. Shift leg and clutch arm dead by the end of the race, but would have to be the best race I’ve had so far, thanks James! Finished with a personal best time of 1m:24.628

SuperLite

Another terrible start, but catching a few bikes into T3 and passing Walter and a few others. Ended up being stuck in between the fast riders and the slower riders and no one to race with so I tried a few different things getting my weight off into the corners and carrying the drive through the corners and out.

Race2

125GP

Starts really were my downfall this weekend with another crap one, but I found myself being alot smoother and consistent managing 1m:27.000 lap every lap.

Great day, I'm really happy with how I went and I'm still improving.

Would like to thank our sponsors for helping keep the bikes running smoothly.

Cheers

Will Baker #14

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Great to read about the improvements. Keep it coming.

Thread Information