Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noise cancelling earphones

Bike
    Gone
    You don't need any fancy active noise cancelling headphones. What you need is good quality canalphones. You can get ones ranging from $400 (custom made to fit your ears - up to 30 dB noise reduction which is heaps) or ones from the shop.

Either way, it's significantly better than riding without plugs or riding with other type of headphones.

The trick is to try several different brands / shapes and find one that fits best for your ear shape / helmet shape.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    +1 for the shures

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    2008 Honda CBR FireBlade
    I use the Skull Candy earbuds, it justs just cool...

for the head phones, Bose QuietComfort 3 , its just like magic and crystal

Bike
    Suzuki
    Not sure if they've been mentioned or not (have only had a quick scan of the thread!) but check out the Blackbox C14's - I've got a set of the M14 headphones and they're great on a plane. Have read some good things about the c14's.

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    Mine effectively drowned out the noise of a large family of Tongans that were in the curtained cubicle next to mine when I was in hosital, so a wife will be easy.
    Not if said wife has worked up a head of steam first!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    A mate of mine in Mrka made his own by getting some brand of earphones (I'm pretty sure they were Shure), then dismantling them, used a hot wire to ream out an appropriate sized canal thrugh some good earplugs, and inserted the earphones into them. Hard to describe, but I'll see if I can find a link somewhere. Basically, whatever earphones he was using had good sound, but not good fit, so he created a hybrid with good fitting plugs and good sounding speakers.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Busa Jr.
    I am using Sonic Sound Isolation Earbuds. they are real value for money. U won't regret on this price. I have recomended to few more mates and they all are bloody happy with the resuults.
    http://www.elive.co.nz/soundisolatio...100-cd0159.php
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4899/45748473xy2.jpg

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    A mate of mine in Mrka made his own by getting some brand of earphones (I'm pretty sure they were Shure), then dismantling them, used a hot wire to ream out an appropriate sized canal thrugh some good earplugs, and inserted the earphones into them. Hard to describe, but I'll see if I can find a link somewhere. Basically, whatever earphones he was using had good sound, but not good fit, so he created a hybrid with good fitting plugs and good sounding speakers.
    Thanks for that. I had a similar idea ..... using the speaker tubes from my Plugz 4 Lugz stereo ear plugs, and doing just as you suggest. I will try that out ..... amongst other trials! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidalgo View Post
    I am using Sonic Sound Isolation Earbuds. they are real value for money. U won't regret on this price. I have recomended to few more mates and they all are bloody happy with the resuults.
    http://www.elive.co.nz/soundisolatio...100-cd0159.php
    Thanks for that idea ... and site. That's bloody cheap, and certainly worth a try. Cheers Thanks guys.

Bike
    fluoro mess
    i ended up buying a pair of metro FI ear buds the other day, the noise cancelling is not as pronounced as the skull candys but they are slightly slimmer so fit under helmet better. its also nice to be able to hear a bit of the bike too

Bike
    Gone
    Metro.Fi 100 earbuds are great. Got em for $49.99 from Harvey Norman.

As far as sound quality goes they're pretty poor, but the noise isolation is great, and the cord design is very well suited to rugged use.

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    Did nearly 300kms on Friday with my skull candy smokin buds. I only use them in one ear just cos . . . I dunno why actually... Anyway,

my point is, after about 170-180kms they were getting a bit uncomfy and I pulled over for a stop, I was in need of a stop anyway so it worked out good. had a 10min rest, let my ears recover and was good to go .
    The only issue I had was putting them on, u gotta move your helmet around a bit when you first get on your bike but other than that they stayed in perfect, felt comfy the majority of the time and kept alot of the wind noise out which was great. So yea, no gripes frrom me about them!
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700
    to be honest I prefer the sweet sound of my bike when riding.
    Noise cancelling earphones are fantastic on the plane though, quietens that droning jet engine noise. My panasonic buds seem to work fine, were about $90 I think.
    Shaken, not stirred in the shakey city!

Bike
    1991 Honda VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    I have a set of Shure noise cancelling earphones/plugs and I find them comfortable for long periods in my helmet and they really do cancel out the wind noise etc.

I also have Shures... Best investment in personal audio i have ever made. I picked up a pair of the SE530's and have never looked back. Drowns out the loudest of noises and would be one of the best sounding in-ear phones on the market!

Bike
    2008 Honda ST1300

SHURE are the best

Like others I reckon the SHURE earphones are the best. You have to make sure you follow the instructions on how to fit them to get the best results.

Bike
    n/a

Deal for all Kiwi Riders

Hi My name is Carl from Nowsound LTD we are the shure earphone agents for New Zealand. We can offer a discount to any Kiwi bikers on the Shure range. Comments about these for Motorbikes has been great as they sit well inside your ear making it easy to get you helmet on and off. These were originally made for in-ear monitoring for performers on stage so the sound quality is awesome and they are very comfortable over a long period of time. Anyways if you would like to demo some of these or enquire about a kiwibiker discount please get in touch with me.

Cheers
    Carl

cwin@nowsound.co.nz

or visit these websites

www.nowsound.co.nz
    or
    www.4shure.co.nz

Thread Information