Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women riders and ACC protest

Bike
    Whatever is in the garage - FXDC, Bking
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prettybillie View Post
    I'm in for that! Let us all know when and where and we'll be there
    Ditto. Just need a (couple would be nice) weeks notice in advance so I can plan my motorcycle training days around it.

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    NZTA Approved CBTA Instructor Assessor
    - Restricted + Full Licence Training & Testing
    - Onroad Coaching & Training
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Pretty much! However what I'm thinking of is more of a local ride (i.e. Auckland for me) as opposed to a large group of women forming a bloc within the National Bikeoi.

Klingons idea of riding from suburb to suburb is what I'd like to see; I'm formulating a possible path but would ladies like to form smaller subgroups and all meet en masse at one location centrally or all start from one meeting point and do a "cafe trail"?
    I am keen on the suburb to suburb.. even doing a round trip with all the words...like "I am a teachers aid", we have two staff members at school, and me that ride... so it would be nice to see that out there for example on the viz... "I am an accountant, I am a retail worker, I am a mother, I am a social worker, I am a... etc" who cares... we are real people "my point"!!

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgal68 View Post
    we are real people "my point"!!
    Hmmm but are we? Most "normal" girls wouldnt contemplate riding a motorcycle. We are different and thats our edge

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    Hmmm but are we? Most "normal" girls wouldnt contemplate riding a motorcycle. We are different and thats our edge

Haha good point.. but as odd ball we may seem... "I am still a mum (normal)...and a teachers aid (normal)...and drink wine (normal I think)... lol

Mind you I want your bike.... (normal)

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgal68 View Post
    Mind you I want your bike.... (normal)
    If I have told you once I have told you a million times - you cant have it! Its mine...all mine.

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madduck View Post
    if i have told you once i have told you a million times - you cant have it! Its mine...all mine.
    psml.... !!!!

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Pretty much! However what I'm thinking of is more of a local ride (i.e. Auckland for me) as opposed to a large group of women forming a bloc within the National Bikeoi.

Klingons idea of riding from suburb to suburb is what I'd like to see; I'm formulating a possible path but would ladies like to form smaller subgroups and all meet en masse at one location centrally or all start from one meeting point and do a "cafe trail"?
    I think the size of the group would be a good indication of how to arrange it. If 10 or fewer people arrived at the starting point, we could all go together on the cafe trail. If 20 people showed up it would probably be better to split off into two or three smaller groups to different areas, then just get together again at the end for a debrief.*

Boy-baiting is fun
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    15th Anniversary Speedtriple
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon View Post
    I think the size of the group would be a good indication of how to arrange it. If 10 or fewer people arrived at the starting point, we could all go together on the cafe trail. If 20 people showed up it would probably be better to split off into two or three smaller groups to different areas, then just get together again at the end for a debrief.*

Boy-baiting is fun

I think it is better if we all go as one group. This is a better way of getting the point across that there are heaps of lady bikers out there rather than just a few.
    Speeding Safely!

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Arrive at a centre like Newmarket as one group. Park up, helmets off (so the public realise you are chicks) preen flounce wiggle. Then split into smaller groups and go round the cafes. Regroup, on to Parnell (f' example).

Get the impact of many riders arriving together, but smaller groups to cover all the cafes (there are a LOT of cafes and bars in some areas) .

PS What about taking a collection as you go, or selling "supporter stickers" or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    I think its a great idea ... will flesh out with some of the ladies down this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon View Post
    ...get together again at the end for a debrief.
    I'm quite sure that if you 'get the flesh out' and 'debrief' at the end...there will be considerable interest from many quarters.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Arrive at a centre like Newmarket as one group. Park up, helmets off (so the public realise you are chicks) preen flounce wiggle. Then split into smaller groups and go round the cafes. Regroup, on to Parnell (f' example).

Get the impact of many riders arriving together, but smaller groups to cover all the cafes (there are a LOT of cafes and bars in some areas) .

PS What about taking a collection as you go, or selling "supporter stickers" or something?
    Like the idea of selling supporter stickers - anything to help our cause.
    Speeding Safely!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    I'm quite sure that if you 'get the flesh out' and 'debrief' at the end...there will be considerable interest from many quarters.
    We don't want to scare people!
    Speeding Safely!

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    Thats because "normal" girls dont know what they are missing out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

And I think thats the way to go. Park up at Newmarket, spread out and take over all the cafes handing out flyers/selling stickers or something, meet up at the bikes and take off to the next place to do the same. If we bring chicky pillions it would look like there is more of us as well, and it would help for the ground cover bit.

Fortnightly Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Cr1MiNaL View Post
    sigh, people with big mouths on here are always the ones with little or no skill.
    Roffle

Bike
    Eurotrash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thani-B View Post
    Thats because "normal" girls dont know what they are missing out on.
    And I think thats the way to go. Park up at Newmarket, spread out and take over all the cafes handing out flyers/selling stickers or something, meet up at the bikes and take off to the next place to do the same. If we bring chicky pillions it would look like there is more of us as well, and it would help for the ground cover bit.
    Good idea on the girly pillions, though that may feed that 'other' female rider stereotype!

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.L View Post
    Good idea on the girly pillions, though that may feed that 'other' female rider stereotype!
    That is true. We just need to look as girly as possible lol.

Fortnightly Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Cr1MiNaL View Post
    sigh, people with big mouths on here are always the ones with little or no skill.
    Roffle

Thread Information