Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Kinda) interesting comparison

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211

(Kinda) interesting comparison

It's Kings of Wanneroo this weekend, with lots of international stars (Johnathon Rea, Jeremy McWilliams, Andrew Pitt, Guy Martin, Ryan Farquhar, Keith Amor, Conor Cummins etc etc) descending on Wanneroo to battle it out on with the local guns (Stauffer, Johnson, Stronach) on fairly even superstock spec bikes. It's supposed to be a fairly light hearted thing but racers being racers.....

I follow it 'cos I used to live over there, and follow a couple of the guys.

Anyway it struck me when I came back to NZ a few years back how Suzuki dominate the local racing and road landscape. The blardy things are everywhere. Contrast this with the grid shown here: http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleR...kings/Day2.htm with only 4 Suzuki's in a grid of 35, and you'll never guess what bike gets pole.....

Bluewing Honda run things totally different to other importers but it's still a completely different racing landscape over there. Weird.......

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    I tend to think that the manufacturer with the biggest market share. Obviously with the exception of the USA.

That being said I believe (and I may be wrong) that Suzuki dominates the majority of domestic series' worldwide.

Feel free to correct me anyone if I'm talking shit.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    This is KB, you'll get corrected even if you aren't talking shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    This is KB, you'll get corrected even if you aren't talking shit.
    LOL, yeah. I have the (probably misguided) beliefe that the racing forum tends to draw a slightly more knowledgable and respectful contributor.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    I sold it
    LOL, yeah. I have the (probably misguided) beliefe that the racing forum tends to draw a slightly more knowledgable and respectful contributor.

What a trashie thing to accuse us off.
    I wont stand back and let you infer there is any half inteligent racers in the country. They have to be misguided and half silly to spend so much money doing the shit.

Anyone half clever would be on a Honda anyhow and owners of such machines are not allowed to say otherwise . Hell i know a Honda rider that still calls himself a Suzuki lol.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    I tend to think that the manufacturer with the biggest market share. Obviously with the exception of the USA.

That being said I believe (and I may be wrong) that Suzuki dominates the majority of domestic series' worldwide.

I dunno, Honda and Yamaha have been the bikes to beat lately in Oz, although the Suzuki's have been there or thereabouts. Coxhell in '03 was the last Suzuki champion.

Suprisingly they've only one two BSB titles in 20 years and one of those was way back in 1991. WSB they've only won it the once with Corser in '05. I didn't know this stuff I just googled it, but it's fuggin' suprising eh?

Then you look at NZ and the 'States where it's the total opposite.

Awww, c'mon man, you were enjoying the web tennis between Pete and carbonhed as much as I was!

Bike
    Vespa 550
    surely alot comes down to the team running the show. Yoshi suzuki in the states dominate cause it would appear they know what there doing, likewise with the suzuki and yamaha supported teams here (bernard, triple R, stroudy).

In various part different bikes dominate so its clearly never a case of one being clearly dominate than others.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinflyz View Post
    surely alot comes down to the team running the show. Yoshi suzuki in the states dominate cause it would appear they know what there doing, likewise with the suzuki and yamaha supported teams here (bernard, triple R, stroudy).

In various part different bikes dominate so its clearly never a case of one being clearly dominate than others.

Yeah, I'm not sure of Ray Clee's exact arrangements with Suzuki NZ but he's certainly kept them at the pointy end.

Brian Bernard obviously know what he's doing too, and I reckon he and Gareth Jones are gonna be the ones to beat this season.

Amazing that Yoshi USA have consistently done what they've done despite the best efforts of the other factories. I don't think people realise the effort that Honda and co have gone to in the States to knock 'em off.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Wasnt it colmans back in the day that imported a few containers of Suzukis

Honda are doing well in other places trust me

If the road racing boys are in Aus that must mean ..end of year or Macau ???

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Would appear that market share, Market percieved presence and funding priority would drive the main distributers here.
    If someone had BIG funding from a private sponsor - my guess is that a well prepped bike of any brand name , with a proper-fast rider would/could win here, and that includes the green thingies too.

Keeping in mind that you also need a little luck in this racing game to complete a full season unscathed and unbroken - meaning that even the best package can fail at times. (which is why the REALLY really well funded teams run more than one bike / team) to defray the odds.

Bike
    1983 CR480RD
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post

Brian Bernard obviously know what he's doing too, and I reckon he and Gareth Jones are gonna be the ones to beat this season.
    Should be an interesting season,have heard a rumour that Mr Jones is running a "stock spec" bike this season

Bike
    A fast one
    i think it might be a honda year over here!

Bike
    A fast one
    Had a report from an ex IOM racer friend from over there saying last years Kings of wannaroo was laid back but no quarter given on track.
    what a great way to end the european/domestic season than a race in the warm perth sunshine.
    As for Macau.............. that is hardcore on track and in the BAR.
    Heard a story that in the 90,s the legend Joey Dunlop spent from midnight to 7am going up and down in a hotel lift (asleep on the floor) aparantly after a beverage or 12....... woke /showered........ straight to the riders briefing.... on the bike.......WON/..........LEGEND

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Would appear that market share, Market percieved presence and funding priority would drive the main distributers here.
    If someone had BIG funding from a private sponsor - my guess is that a well prepped bike of any brand name , with a proper-fast rider would/could win here, and that includes the green thingies too.

Keeping in mind that you also need a little luck in this racing game to complete a full season unscathed and unbroken - meaning that event the best package can fail at times. (which is why the REALLY really well funded teams run more than one bike / team) to defray the odds.

Now thats the truth .

One thing i will add is some guys / girls on a late model bike are not as fast as they were on an older bike for some reason. I have been afflicted by this issue for many years, i could always go as fast on an old shitter as i did on a supposedly faster later model bike. Mind you , they were almost all Honda's.

Paul.

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by SWERVE View Post
    Heard a story that in the 90,s the legend Joey Dunlop spent from midnight to 7am going up and down in a hotel lift (asleep on the floor) aparantly after a beverage or 12....... woke /showered........ straight to the riders briefing.... on the bike.......WON/..........LEGEND

And he didnt just do that once either.

Thread Information