Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yamaha FZX250 Zeal

Bike
    1999 Suzuki SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Overdrive? On a bike? On a Yamaha?
    It just indicates when the bike is in 6th.

Bike
    01 250 Yamaha Zeal
    I don't know about your zeal erik but this japonese site says something about 燃費・定地走行テスト値(km/L) 51.0(@50Km/h)

My japonese is a bit rusty thew...

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ma-kubota...eal/zeal3.html

Bike
    1999 Suzuki SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by ovidiudraganescu
    I don't know about your zeal erik but this japonese site says something about 燃費・定地走行テスト値(km/L) 51.0(@50Km/h)

My japonese is a bit rusty thew...

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ma-kubota...eal/zeal3.html
    I would be very surprised if that 51km/L was accurate. Both my Zeal and Hitcher's old Zeal get around 15-16km/L, and possibly fish's one too iirc.
    The best fuel economy that I've heard of has been around 30km/L from an fxr150 and gs500e.

Bike
    None any more
    That Zeal looks pretty tidy to me. Not a colour we get in these parts. Don't know much about the chassis number but 3YX is Yamaha's model descriptor for a Zeal. That screen will make a big difference to your riding pleasure. I had one exactly the same on mine. Check out www.micapeak.com. There maybe some words of wisdom there.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    01 250 Yamaha Zeal
    I figured out the serial No. The bike seems to be from 1991. Here's where I got the idea from...

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ma-kubota/

I suppose the 51km/l would be at a constant 50km/h and in ideal conditions (weather, load etc) but still it's a bit far-fetched, I have to admit.

Bike
    1998, Yamaha FZX250 Zeal
    Hey people,
    I just acquired a yamaha FZX250 zeal. A great little bike, corners well and I get 23-25km/L fuel. I think that's pretty considering it is great for shooting off from the traffic lights. I notice I get better economy (>25km/L) if I change through the gears faster to 5th/6th and use them for traveling around the city as you'd expect.

I've also owned a cbr250 and personally feel the zeal is the winner for touring around on and general city travel. Maybe not as fast at the top end, but feel it is equally racy around the city. It still thrashes the teeny boppers in their hotted up commadore/falcons/hatch-backs at the traffic lights. A fun bike, and definitely not slow. Also handles a pillion really well - can still obtain a cruising speed of 110-120 on the freeway no problems.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha FZX250 Zeal
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorprox View Post
    Thats a long way to go for a bike. Bear in mind the Zeal is a 250 so its not very quick because it has hardly any torque (you wont convince people its a 600 as soon as you start riding).
    Also the GS is an inline twin as far a im aware and will be a lot quicker and easier on fuel.
    Lol i just bought a zeal, its has plenty of torque for a 250. granted it wont power wheely (then again i doubt many can) but i find it does keep up with the bigger bikes. Today i raced a GS500 at the traffic lights (it was a m8), and i was actually ahead of him up till about 70k's. but even after that i was able to keep up.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha Zeal 250cc

Question Zeal Info

Guys ! Anyone! Help a poor maiden in distress!

I have a Zeal ... and here's the stupid blonde bit .... I ran out of petrol a few weeks back .. switched to reserve so no drama there ... BUT ... hubby has since fiddled with the 'switch' and now I can't figure out which is reserve tank setting and what is normal ..... HELP!!!

The little black 'switch' has FUEL written on one end and and an arrow the other ... what way up should the arrow point ???

HELP HELP HELP!
    sunny:

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit 250
    Very cool write up.

Bike
    '92 Yamaha Zeal
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisandy View Post
    Guys ! Anyone! Help a poor maiden in distress!

I have a Zeal ... and here's the stupid blonde bit .... I ran out of petrol a few weeks back .. switched to reserve so no drama there ... BUT ... hubby has since fiddled with the 'switch' and now I can't figure out which is reserve tank setting and what is normal ..... HELP!!!

The little black 'switch' has FUEL written on one end and and an arrow the other ... what way up should the arrow point ???

HELP HELP HELP!

On mine when the arrow points down it is "on", when pointed up it is on "reserve" and when on its side is "off". Should be the same with yours. It is also in the owners manual you can get off the net.

Hope this helps.

Bike
    90 CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by ovidiudraganescu View Post
    I figured out the serial No. The bike seems to be from 1991. Here's where I got the idea from...

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ma-kubota/

I suppose the 51km/l would be at a constant 50km/h and in ideal conditions (weather, load etc) but still it's a bit far-fetched, I have to admit.
    How'd you figured out the serial number?
    Can you please teach me?

Just acquired a zeal yesterday, I'm the second owner of the zeal in our country. The first owner has no idea of the year model.

TIA

Bike
    :-( none at present
    I had the FZX750 in Portugal I loved it. Wish I could get another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZX.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	113778  
    If you are behind meDont ask as I am lost too.

Bike
    90 CBR250RR
    hi guys,

just got myself a Zeal, but the previous owner don't know the exact year model of the bike...

Hope someone could help me figure out this one.
    the Chasis number is 3YX-0550XX.

TIA
    Happy New Year to All!!!

Bike
    1992 Yamaha FZX250 'Zeal'
    I apologise for reviving an old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ovidiudraganescu View Post
    Here's some pictures the guy sent. Maybe you can see something I hanven't. There's some rust behind the exhausts and you can see the seat is not properly alligned on the left side, in the front. Also, at the back, below the stop, it seems the bike has been repainted (the rectangle around the logo). Also the scratches on the brake fluid reservoir cap. And the overall geometry of the rear wheel (or is it just the photo?). And am I right about all these? Also, the chasis no. is 3YX000307. Can someone tell the year the bike was built from that? I tried but came up with different results for each website I found. One even gave 2008 as result and I know that's not right.

The bike is coming to be worth around 2200 euros (3000$) with transport and tax and I really don't want to blow that money.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorprox View Post
    Could you do me a huuuge favour.
    I have a zeal aswell, but mine has a problem, it gets to near 90 kph and just dies like its running out of fuel.
    It has an FZR CDI in it, which im replacing for that reason and i hope it fixes it, however the CDIs have two sockets on them, and my bike only has one wire. Does yours have an empty socket aswell or is something going in both of yours?

The CDI is located just infront of the battery on the left of the bike.

If that doesnt sort it im not sure why its doing it.

Thanks.
    Jason
    G'day Jason,

The CDI is the same as the FZR250 RR EXUP (3LN-82305-00, 3YX-82305-00), and the additional socket is for EXUP (FZR250 RR only). What Yamaha-Motor Japan did was take the engine, CDI unit along with many other bits and pieces from the FZR250 RR and used them for the Zeal production. However, the Zeal did not feature EXUP but still the socket is there. Essentially what makes the FZR250 RR quicker than the Zeal is a different exhaust setup, sprocket/drive ratio and EXUP.

Quote Originally Posted by pyao2x
    hi guys,

just got myself a Zeal, but the previous owner don't know the exact year model of the bike...

Hope someone could help me figure out this one.
    the Chasis number is 3YX-0550XX.

TIA
    Happy New Year to All!!!

Regards,

- Zealous
    Own a Yamaha FZX250 'Zeal'? visit:

Bike
    Yamaha FZX250 zeal

Repair and maintenance manual

Hey I am planning on restoring a FZX250 and was wondering if any of you guys have access to a repair and maintenance manual

Thread Information