Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto Guzzi V12 & V7 Clubman Racer

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E

Moto Guzzi V12 & V7 Clubman Racer

yummmmy...............

from - http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2009/...12-strada.html
    It seems Moto Guzzi are hell bent on blowing every other bike manufacturer into the weeds at this year’s EICMA Show in Italy. After the superb V7 Clubman Racer, they’ve now taken the wraps off not one but three new concept bikes – the V12 Le Mans, V12 Strada and V12 X.

Co-designed by Miguel Galluzzi and Pierre Terblanche, all three concept bikes are fitted with Guzzi’s 1,200cc v-twin (the same engine which is fitted on the new Norge GT), and even though each bike has its own distinct persona, each is still very distinctly a Guzzi. ‘There is an impalpable, yet very real force in the history of Moto Guzzi. It lies in the ideas and in the unrelenting research work that led Moto Guzzi to build its tradition on innovation,’ says Miguel Galluzzi, who heads the Piaggio Group’s (which owns Moto Guzzi) styling centre.

‘Keep an eye on Moto Guzzi because this is just the first step. We are back to relying on ideas, and we have plenty of them. This is just the beginning,’ says Galluzzi, who, by the way, has also designed the Aprilia RSV4. Damn right, we admit we’re terribly impressed. Now let’s just wait and see which of these three bikes goes into production…

and.....

Moto Guzzi have relased details of the new V7 Clubman Racer, which they say is ‘the end result of extensive tuning inspired by the motorcycles that in the 1970s challenged each other in the modified production category.’ Er… yeah, well…

Moto Guzzi claim the V7 Clubman takes its design cues from the legendary 850 Le Mans, which makes it quite all right in our books – it certainly seems to have gotten that 1970s café-racer look down pat. Very cool.

The V7 Clubman is fitted with Guzzi’s 744cc v-twin, which makes 49 horsepower and 58Nm of torque. The bike’s steel tube chassis, five-speed gearbox, 40mm Marzocchi fork and twin Bitubo shock absorbers are as basic as things can get. The gearbox is a five-speed unit and braking duties are handled by a single 320mm disc at the front and 260mm disc at the back.

The Moto Guzzi V7 Clubman Racer rides on 18-inch (front) and 17-inch (rear) spoked wheels and dry weight is 182kg. There is no slipper clutch, ABS, traction control or on-board computer here, which is just fine really. Yes, this is one of those few Moto Guzzis that we like. A lot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	club1e.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	150673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	club2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	150674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	club3g.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	150675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mgv121.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	150676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mgv122.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	150678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mgv123.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	150679  

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    more of these-

Also check http://www.motoblog.it/post/21618/li...moto-guzzi-v12 for more pics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mgv124.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	150680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mgv125.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	150681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mgv127.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	238.4 KB 
ID:	150682  

Bike
    2016 Honda Africa Twin DCT

Smile Clubmans nice

Now I like the clubman, that would sit nicely in my garage. Not sure about the concepts, but then concept bikes should always be a bit weird.

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    I love my cafe racers*, but even that V7 is a little too bling, it's the chrome tank I think. It crosses the line from classy to crass in my opinion. The other two concept bikes are wicked!

*Some would say a little too much
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgyiti View Post
    I love my cafe racers*, but even that V7 is a little too bling, it's the chrome tank I think. It crosses the line from classy to crass in my opinion. The other two concept bikes are wicked!

*Some would say a little too much
    Nah. You;re being a westie. There's not enough matt black on it for you.

I LOVE it. It invokes the '50s racer-polished-aluminium-tank look.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    I agree with Jim. The V7 racer looks spectacular !!

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    True Jim, I am going through a matte black phase at the moment. Still recovering from the extreme blinging of my last project. Why the whole tank chromed though? It's so 2001 (Monster Chrome, Californicator Chrome et al)

I'm sorry but they keep playing the retro card with the same hand.

1000s started it in 1991, then the V7, then the V7 Cafe, then this, all with pretty much the same petrol tank.

It's like the design conversation goes "Let's do a retro, better use the V7 Sport tank so everyone knows it's a retro"

I could build that bike out of a 1991 750-T for about 8 grand. The V7 Cafe is already nearly 20K, wonder what this new one will go for.
    When you get up close and personal with the V7 Classic it looks cheap and nasty, with low grade plastics. Not the well made look of the flagship models but priced like them.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgyiti View Post
    I could build that bike out of a 1991 750-T for about 8 grand. The V7 Cafe is already nearly 20K, wonder what this new one will go for.
    When you get up close and personal with the V7 Classic it looks cheap and nasty, with low grade plastics. Not the well made look of the flagship models but priced like them.
    I have to admit I was disappointed when I went to look at the V7 classic. I love the style but it is ruined by the cheapness of some the plastic parts- for less money I went for a Thruxton- (it's not perfect either). The V7clubman racer looks good to but will it have quality on inspection.
    I would like to see the retro V7 style with a decent motor in it- V11 motor would be good.

Bike
    . .
    Mmmmm Motoguzzi. I like that new V7 Clubman. Looks a little like my V95CR .

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    I especially like the last two, for some reason the first one doesn't seem 'right' with the single sided swingarm, perhaps with a conventional swingarm it'd look more in proportion?
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    Mmmmm Motoguzzi. I like that new V7 Clubman. Looks a little like my V95CR .
    Now that is awesome

Bike
    . .
    Quote Originally Posted by SDU View Post
    Now that is awesome
    Thanks, she's quite a sensual ride.

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    Mmmmm Motoguzzi. I like that new V7 Clubman. Looks a little like my V95CR
    Yeah but your bike is built to last. These V7 series bikes are tinny crap. The photos lie.

SDU is right. In the flesh they are very dissapointing for an $18,500 bike.
    As for a decent motor, 4 valving the 750 at least would be a step in the right direction. Guzzi used to make pretty nippy wee small blocks but this engine is a turd. I think my Monza 500 is lighter and almost as powerful and thats nearly 30 years old now.
    A Thruxton is cheaper and more powerful whilst still looking cafe cool but better built*

*My one was before they farmed out the building of them so I can't vouch for the latest ones.

Bike
    I do like the look of the Clubman Racer but they could have tuned it up (as Dodgyiti said). 49hp is ONE LESS hp than a CX500 !!!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by nudemetalz View Post
    I do like the look of the Clubman Racer but they could have tuned it up (as Dodgyiti said). 49hp is ONE LESS hp than a CX500 !!!
    Which would you rather have though?

Clubby does it for me, the others make me want to puke
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information