Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QUESTION about Fender Eliminator for 636

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    I really like some of the gear these guys do. Particularly their Dr X tail light systems, but the Pivot fender eliminator looks sexy too.
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    06, 636
    Ya, went down to mt. eden and mike was telling how there is a huge chance it will scrape against my back mud guard and tyre…I think I will stick with right underneath my tail…doesn’t look half bad and safe all the way…less worry…now I need some hand with putting that on and getting the brackets.. BJ I might take you up on your offer…has to get ride of the factory one, it is FUGLY…
    But thanks everyone..

Also I know at least 2 guys who had to change from LED back to their original indicators to get WOF…so not sure…

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
    Y

Also I know at least 2 guys who had to change from LED back to their original indicators to get WOF…so not sure…
    If you can get a 400 dollar license in West Auckland ther must be a similar place selling warrent for 40 odd bucks

Bike
    06, 636
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    If you can get a 400 dollar license in West Auckland ther must be a similar place selling warrent for 40 odd bucks
    ..sure, so when the time comes i will look ya up, if u got the hook up for that sorta place...

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    Ya, went down to mt. eden and mike was telling how there is a huge chance it will scrape against my back mud guard and tyre…I think I will stick with right underneath my tail…doesn’t look half bad and safe all the way…less worry…now I need some hand with putting that on and getting the brackets.. BJ I might take you up on your offer…has to get ride of the factory one, it is FUGLY…
    But thanks everyone..

the 'mini winkers' should be ok to pass, depending where you take it
    Should be less than an hour to sort you out too, just let me know when and we'll see what we can work out

Bike
    Bikeless
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    the 'mini winkers' should be ok to pass, depending where you take it
    Should be less than an hour to sort you out too, just let me know when and we'll see what we can work out
    Don't quote me on this. I was at a motorbike shop and I asked about those mini-winkers and WOF. I was told to get a VIN I need winkers with some sort of "E" stamped on it (for safety standard). To get a WOF, I don't need any stamps on the glass. Any winkers would pass.

I don't know if that is EXACTLY true, but that is what one motorbike shop told me.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FEINT
    Don't quote me on this. I was at a motorbike shop and I asked about those mini-winkers and WOF. I was told to get a VIN I need winkers with some sort of "E" stamped on it (for safety standard). To get a WOF, I don't need any stamps on the glass. Any winkers would pass.

I don't know if that is EXACTLY true, but that is what one motorbike shop told me.
    Yeah, pretty much spot on, from what I've been told too, but again, this is often who you know to make sure they aren't picky over minor things like that. If you go to the mainstream VTNZ or OnRoad places, they might try to pull you up on it if they want to waste some time, but I can't image anyone being a git about it really

Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    The way it is now the vehicle passes all relavent standards,like specific lens markings on it's original compliance,that's why the wording was removed - so now if you change the vehicles lighting from the original compliance then you have changed them...this is shifting the responsibility of the vehicles present condition onto the owner,be aware of what you are doing because it's your responsibility.The WoF inspector is only going to check standards if he suspects it's not as originaly complied.

The shift is going over to owner responsibility for the vehicles condition,the WoF is only a visual test on the day,it has no relavence the day after.
    I feel like I'm wasteing my time with you guys,i don't want to type it all out again!
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    I feel like I'm wasteing my time with you guys,i don't want to type it all out again!
    so what you try to say Motu?

this is a better pic of the back of mine
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/at...achmentid=7671

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    I'm not clear on whether the inspector *must* check for standards compliance if he thinks that changes have been made since initial compliance, or only that he may.

So if I fit a aftermarket spot lamp (obviosuly not a "when new" fitment) does the inspector *have* to check that for standards compliance. Or can he say the original as-VINned equipment is fine, the spot lamp passes the tests for beam aim etc, and standards compliance is my problem to explain to the police if they get picky ??
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    06, 636
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    Yeah, pretty much spot on, from what I've been told too, but again, this is often who you know to make sure they aren't picky over minor things like that. If you go to the mainstream VTNZ or OnRoad places, they might try to pull you up on it if they want to waste some time, but I can't image anyone being a git about it really

Good man...6 pack can accompany me down to ur place as well..
    but I gotta get these 2 items of EBAY first, so probably gonna be couple of weeks..

1. LED Tail-light

2. Fender Eliminator Kit

And if WOF is an issue i will put the original on for a day, no biggie..as long as the fricken POD doesn't mind...

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    but I gotta get these 2 items of EBAY first, so probably gonna be couple of weeks..

1. LED Tail-light

2. Fender Eliminator Kit

And if WOF is an issue i will put the original on for a day, no biggie..as long as the fricken POD doesn't mind...
    Is it possible to get that sorta stuff for a CBR250?

Bike
    06, 636
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    Is it possible to get that sorta stuff for a CBR250?
    umm..in STATE they hardly use 250cc...they all start with 600...but u might get lucky..look around on EBaby man...I will have a look tonight...if I do find it and you are keen we can share shipping....im getting all these send to my ex and she will send them to me since usually eBay seller's charge you double as soon as they hear international shipping...

The way it's going at the moment - lighting first,the rest,including exhausts to follow - is that when the vehicle is first complied as a new vehicle or an import...that's IT ,from then on it will have to continue to meet that compliance,and more importantly it is going to be pushed as the owners responsability to keep the vehicle at that standard.

So when your bike was complied it had say E standards on all lamps,it will have to continue to meet those requirements,the WoF inspector is no longer required to inspect each lamp individualy,that was done at compliance,no need to run over old ground - but if he suspects something has changed then they will look harder.Something obvious like a rego plate tucked up in front of the rear wheel is gunna stand out like dogs balls,duh.Everything you do will have to meet the standards it was complied under.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike

1. LED Tail-light

2. Fender Eliminator Kit

I have wondered about those tail lights - more so how they look in the flesh, and if you'd be haggered by the boys in blue for them. It's not really far enough to the side to indicate which way you're going, but I do like the idea.

Wouldn't mind trying to do something like this too. They look pretty good..

The converstion I've done is a bit more than what you're planning on doing, so it should take a lot less time and hassle. Can help you do a converstion to tide you over, or just wait until you've got the stuff from the US. Don't mind, and it's fairly easy to do.

As for doing something like that to a CBR, I guess anything is possible. Just imagine a way of doing it

Thread Information