Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QUESTION about Fender Eliminator for 636

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    The way it's going at the moment - lighting first,the rest,including exhausts to follow - is that when the vehicle is first complied as a new vehicle or an import...that's IT ,from then on it will have to continue to meet that compliance,and more importantly it is going to be pushed as the owners responsability to keep the vehicle at that standard.

So when your bike was complied it had say E standards on all lamps,it will have to continue to meet those requirements,the WoF inspector is no longer required to inspect each lamp individualy,that was done at compliance,no need to run over old ground - but if he suspects something has changed then they will look harder.Something obvious like a rego plate tucked up in front of the rear wheel is gunna stand out like dogs balls,duh.Everything you do will have to meet the standards it was complied under.
    What about older bikes - first registered before the compliance idea existed ? So do all lamps (as an example) now have to meet the listed compliance standards ? Or does stuff just have to meet the standards (if any) that would have applied when it was first registered ? For instance it's going to be hard to get complianced exahusts for old Briddish iron nowdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Not sure, havent ridden many

There are out there...

Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    Yeah, pretty much spot on, from what I've been told too, but again, this is often who you know to make sure they aren't picky over minor things like that. If you go to the mainstream VTNZ or OnRoad places, they might try to pull you up on it if they want to waste some time, but I can't image anyone being a git about it really

Well i got a "git", he refused to give me a WOf because my stop lens didnt have a standards marking on it.

Thats why im trying to find out where it says that a stardard marking is needed, because he couldnt show me either but still wouldnt give me a wof!

GIT!

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
    Good man...6 pack can accompany me down to ur place as well..
    but I gotta get these 2 items of EBAY first, so probably gonna be couple of weeks..

1. LED Tail-light

2. Fender Eliminator Kit

And if WOF is an issue i will put the original on for a day, no biggie..as long as the fricken POD doesn't mind...
    Had a friend in the states check those integrated indicators for his bike. Says they arn't very bright so you can hardly see them during the day so thy arn't really worht it.

And Bug, if they made those for the ZX''s that would be sweet!!!

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    Not sure, havent ridden many
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    What about older bikes - first registered before the compliance idea existed ? So do all lamps (as an example) now have to meet the listed compliance standards ? Or does stuff just have to meet the standards (if any) that would have applied when it was first registered ? For instance it's going to be hard to get complianced exahusts for old Briddish iron nowdays.
    Different rules for different years. Dont even need indicators for bikes produced before 1960 i think.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyfly
    Different rules for different years. Dont even need indicators for bikes produced before 1960 i think.
    Yeah, but what if you have to fit a new tail lamp lense? Odds are it won't have any markings. And maybe won't actually be identical to original. More so with exhausts. Originals long unobtainable, pattern replacements may be "non-standard".

What scares me is that we're going the same way as Germany where you can't even change to a different brand/model of tyres to what the bike had originally. And once the bike is old enough that you can't get the original model tyre any more you're stuffed. (It's called homolgation)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    They just have to meet the standard of their compliance date,if none were in force then none are now....,but if you retrofit,then they have to meet the standard relavent to when it was done.But not a hell of a lot pertains to bikes in that area,and it's only old farts like me who might pick up the 62 Dommi with a twin leading shoe Commando front brake,but I don't care anyway.And it's 1978 for indicators Funkyfly....
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Sniff... None
    Co-incidentally I was just looking at fender eliminators the other night... concluded that I couldn't afford one at the moment and would leave it until I'd paid the credit card bill on the last accident. My opinions on plates are well known, blue tack will do.

But damn after seeing BJ's one, now I'm thinking!! Being the scrooge that I am, I was thinking maybe making one outta fibreglass myself, but seeing as they do seem to be a bit cheaper if you look around long enough I might just whip out the card.

I like the idea of a clear tail lamp as well (saw that on ebay), but I'm definitely keen to have separate indicators. Sexy is good, but bright and obvious might keep me alive a bit longer. How to find small and obvious??
    "You, Madboy, are the Uncooked Pork Sausage of Sausage Beasts. With extra herbs."
    - Jim2 c2006

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    I just used 2 number plate holder brackets at about $15 each (chromy too) and a pair of cateye flasher off TradeMe at $25 (I thunk - both prices, was a while ago). Cheap as, and sexy as..

Bike
    Thinking
    Made mine out of aircraft aluminium, stronger than steel and very light, powder coated it and fitted to lights ex Boyd honda,cheap chinese ones but the work well.
    end result is a very nice arse !!
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil
    Made mine out of aircraft aluminium, stronger than steel and very light, powder coated it and fitted to lights ex Boyd honda,cheap chinese ones but the work well.
    end result is a very nice arse !!
    yeah, not everyone has the same access to boff stuff like you. Some of us just make do

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by madboy
    How to find small and obvious??
    Simple make them bloody bright with some high power wide viewing angle LEDs!!!!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    from my experience with bicycle lights (I have had some very good ones up to $200), more LEDs are not necessarily better.

The best back light I have used (and bought several, when they eventually gave out) had one LED, but used mirrors (or reflectors - whatever) to intensify the light. Bloody bright, and was brighter than a mates 7 LEDs.

And it used less battery as well, but that doesn't matter here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information