Thread: The time to step up your campaigning is this week.

Bike
    Old classic thing

The time to step up your campaigning is this week.

The time to step up the campaign is now.

The new charges are coming into effect in July and the day most motorists are going to really sit up and take notice is the day they have to pay the new fees!

Now is the time that the papers are also going to be most open to printing letters.

If you do nothing else in this campaign write two letters. One to your MP and one to your paper.

Lets make the ACC changes the number one issue in the editorials over July.

Also write to your MP. Don't write to Nick Smith he's heard it all before (and he has a thick skin and he doesn't care because there is a rumour that that this may be his last term in office...) hence why he's fronting unpopular causes for John Key and he's a list MP so his job is not so dependent on votes.

If you have never written a letter to the editor and your MP before this week is the time to do it.

• Keep your letters brief (No more than 200 words if you want it printed.)
    • Focus on one issue and one issue only in each letter! (Don't do a general all purpose all enveloping rant rave!
    • Your letter can be written from your perspective as a motorcyclist or if you drive another vehicle from that perspective.
    • Keep your letters logical and reasoned. The idea is not to show how angry you are but inspire others to be even angrier!
    • Well written letters with nice language are more likely to be printed.
    • Make sure you get a friend or someone on this forum to proof read your letter first.
    • Letters must include the writer's full name, verifiable home address, and daytime phone number. PO Box numbers are not acceptable.
    • Letters should not exceed 200 words and should be exclusive.
    • Expect your letters to be edited for clarity and length.

If your not sure how to start your letter start with "Today I went to pay my new registration...."

You can submit letters to the Herald on-line here

You can submit letters to the Dom post by sending them to letters@dompost.co.nz
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz
    Top brand Motorcycle accessories: R&G Racing, Titax, CTEK, Ultrabatt lithium Batteries, RockSolid, BikeVis, NGR, Oberon, Stopit, TUTORO, Posi-Lock, etc.
    Mobile: 0275 985 266 Office, 09 834 6655

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblyas View Post
    The time to step up the campaign is now.

The new charges are coming into effect in July and the day most motorists are going to really sit up and take notice is the day they have to pay the new fees!

Now is the time that the papers are also going to be most open to printing letters.

If you do nothing else in this campaign write two letters. One to your MP and one to your paper.

Lets make the ACC changes the number one issue in the editorials over July.

Also write to your MP. Don't write to Nick Smith he's heard it all before (and he has a thick skin and he doesn't care because there is a rumour that that this may be his last term in office...) hence why he's fronting unpopular causes for John Key and he's a list MP so his job is not so dependent on votes.

If you have never written a letter to the editor and your MP before this week is the time to do it.

• Keep your letters brief (No more than 200 words if you want it printed.)
    • Focus on one issue and one issue only in each letter! (Don't do a general all purpose all enveloping rant rave!
    • Your letter can be written from your perspective as a motorcyclist or if you drive another vehicle from that perspective.
    • Keep your letters logical and reasoned. The idea is not to show how angry you are but inspire others to be even angrier!
    • Well written letters with nice language are more likely to be printed.
    • Make sure you get a friend or someone on this forum to proof read your letter first.
    • Letters must include the writer's full name, verifiable home address, and daytime phone number. PO Box numbers are not acceptable.
    • Letters should not exceed 200 words and should be exclusive.
    • Expect your letters to be edited for clarity and length.

If your not sure how to start your letter start with "Today I went to pay my new registration...."

You can submit letters to the Herald on-line here

You can submit letters to the Dom post by sending them to letters@dompost.co.nz
    Good thread I think I will write my MP today
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I can't find evidence of some of the changes, ltsa still has pricing from last year, and no breakdown of acc levy/admin/road etc. I also heard van drivers would be hit hard, though I'm not sure if its commercial or private. Anyone got a link to the new values?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    I can't find evidence of some of the changes, ltsa still has pricing from last year, and no breakdown of acc levy/admin/road etc. I also heard van drivers would be hit hard, though I'm not sure if its commercial or private. Anyone got a link to the new values?

try here http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10655132
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    yeh thats where I heard than van owners would be hit with a big increase, but the article doesn't give a dollar value, or what types of vans.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    yeh thats where I heard than van owners would be hit with a big increase, but the article doesn't give a dollar value, or what types of vans.
    My brothers diesel Terrano has gone over the $400 mark which is a bit unfair as its not used as a commercial vehicle
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    2007 CB900
    True ... but it does give the new rates on 600+ and not a lot else.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by yachtie10 View Post
    My brothers diesel Terrano has gone over the $400 mark which is a bit unfair as its not used as a commercial vehicle
    shit, they ain't that big, wouldn't have thought they classed as a utility vehicle. Maybe theres some greenie anti-suv legislation in there. If the vans over 400 I ain't paying it, I only use her for carting bikes (mainly my mx'r) round these days (monthly if i'm lucky ), and the odd shopping trip which is bout monthly too.

Thread Information