Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Smith Auckland Nat meeting open to public

Bike
    lml belladonna 2005, bmw F650 1993

Nick Smith Auckland Nat meeting open to public

Monday 30 November: Public meeting with Hon Nick Smith, Minister for the Environment, Climate Change Issues and ACC, National MP for Nelson, 7.30pm at Royal Akarana Yacht Club, Okahu Bay. Auckland lets all be there. Please pm for some inside info about the meeting... remember its a PUBLIC meeting.. organised by Tamaki electorate amongst others and a branch chairman who has jokingly told me to get a car (I have two) is interviewing him... lets flood this meeting folks!

Peter

Bike
    R100GSPD
    be inteesting to ask Mr Smith how he can reconcile pricing motorcycles off the road with other potfolios of climate change and the enviroment

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    be inteesting to ask Mr Smith how he can reconcile pricing motorcycles off the road with other potfolios of climate change and the enviroment
    Hi BM!

It sure will be... I just hope it remains peaceful..

Cheers Peter

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Looks interesting. I will be there and bring a few bodies along.
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Monday 30 November: Public meeting with Hon Nick Smith, Minister for the Environment, Climate Change Issues and ACC, National MP for Nelson, 7.30pm at Royal Akarana Yacht Club, Okahu Bay. Auckland lets all be there. Please pm for some inside info about the meeting... remember its a PUBLIC meeting.. organised by Tamaki electorate amongst others and a branch chairman who has jokingly told me to get a car (I have two) is interviewing him... lets flood this meeting folks!

Peter
    Sounds like it could be our next organised ride Aye! Where's that man from Bronze?? Ixion? LOL!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Great stuff.. see you all there.. spread the word!

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    I'm in for this, lots of noise....

Bike
    Hey there nonono and others

Inside the meeting we need to be a little reserved.. that is until question time.. then we let him have it ALL guns blazing. I have been told that if there is just mass noise and booing then Smith will walk out... you may like to spread that news to everyone.. Smith is running scared at the moment... he is under HUGE pressure... we need to break his will and come down on him very hard. We also need to absolutely annoy and disrupt any other non-ACC Nat meeting that they hold over the next few weeks.. I will keep you posted.. The Smith meeting is going to be very useful if we do two things... 1) Inside the hall we are quiet(ish) and then forthright and probing in our questions 2) We have media there.

The ones to really target and put extreme (legal at ALL times) ) pressure on are the party hacks.. the senseless yes men and some weak willed women who run the Nats in Tamaki and other electorates. This one is promoted by Tamaki electorate which has Allan Peachey a fairly new Nat man for its rep... The party organization is full of very weak very lame people who are just hugely ripe for the picking... Inside of the electorate are a lot of ambitious wannabe's.. plus the person who is "interviewing" Smith is a rather weak chairman of a local branch. He is very new to national politics and not equipped at all to lead a meeting with a large pressure group there.. he will be shocked I believe at the resentment... However the branch he leads is quite large in it's self.. and has a councillor and in it's past the Mayor in their ranks. Its one of the most blue ribboned branches and still has old Muldoon people amongst their committee.. they will be there. Allan Peachey needs pressure put on him as well here.. he is a weakest link around these parts... really nice guy but doesn't have the guts to speak for himself.. hes a party liner who will also be at the meeting.. He replied to my email re ACC with the party line. The chairman of the electorate is a rather silly individual who has a dream of being a Pollie.. he is very very easily annoyed which makes him exceptionally ineffectual.. again he will be at the meeting.

Lots of chances to show these idiotic yes-men party hacks what will happen to their lovely cupcake eating Chardonnay party meetings if these proposals go ahead.. we want all these type of people running fearful of their political futures..

I'll see you all there..

Peter

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Are you going to be getting people to join the National Party there too drummer?
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    Yahmama
    Hey there nonono

Inside the meeting we need to be a little reserved.. that is until question time.. then we let him have it ALL guns blazing. I have been told that if there is just mass noise and booing then Smith will walk out... you may like to spread that news to everyone.. Smith is running scared at the moment... he is under HUGE pressure... we need to break his will and come down on him very hard. We also need to absolutely annoy and disrupt any meeting that the Nats hold over the next few weeks.. I will keep you posted.. The Smith meeting is going to be very useful if we do two things... 1) Inside the hall we are forthright and probing in our questions 2) We have media there.

The ones to target are the party hacks.. the senseless yes men who run the Nats in Tamaki and other electorates. This one is promoted by Tamaki electorate which has Allan Peachey a fairly new Nat man for its rep... The party organization full of very weak very lame people who are just hugely ripe for the picking... Inside of the electorate are a lot of ambitious wannabe's.. plus the person who is "interviewing" Smith is a rather weak chairman of a local branch. However the branch is quite large in it's self.. and has a councillor and in it's past the Mayor in their ranks. Allan Peachey needs pressure put on him as well here.. he is a weakest link around these parts... nice guy but doesn't have the guts to speak for himself.. hes a party liner who will also be at the meeting.. He replied to my email re ACC with the party line. The chairman of the electorate is a rather silly individual who has a dream of being a Pollie.. he is very very easily annoyed which makes him exceptionally ineffectual.. again he will be at the meeting.

Lots of chances to show these idiotic yes-men party hacks what will happen to their party if these proposals go ahead.. we want all these type of people running fearful of their political futures..

I'll see you all there..

Peter
    This is no way to talk about your friends / colleagues in the party you worked for and still support.

Allen Peachey is not a new face. He's been involved with the Nats probably as long as you.

Bike
    Trans NZ Broliner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Are you going to be getting people to join the National Party there too drummer?
    Does he imply that? I think Drummers idea is good....and your grammar is bad

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    FFS.
    Look, we just had all bikers, all walks of life gather to protest this thing.
    I was pissed off by Drummers first post after the Bronz meeting and told him so.
    But right here, right now he's making a lot of sense with this one, slack cutting time maybe?
    And Drummer, dont you dare even trying to hand me a Tory sign up form cos Ive run out of bog roll.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    And Drummer, dont you dare even trying to hand me a Tory sign up form cos Ive run out of bog roll.
    Dam and here I was thinking you'd be our newest Nat MP.. Thanks BTW

Peter

Bike
    To all.. subject.. honesty! Short Circuit and other detractors.. READ This!!

For everyone's Info and to ensure no person is confused I will be open about my belief's. I was a member of the Nats for 6 years. A committee member for most of the time and a keen worker at last years election for the Nats.

Early this year I was ousted from our local branch. This was because I challenged some of the things John Key was doing. I didn't think all he did and is doing was what I expected. I was and am a little disappointed with the National led government and am NOT repeat NOT a current member. The people in the various branches around the eastern bays area are largely old party hacks or new fresh faced albeit weak individuals who gain strength through being around these agreeable old party hacks. I couldn't stand this whole regime and challenged them and as said some government decisions. I wont go into what I disagreed with because it isn't relevant to this thread.

Would I still vote Nat... probably... why? because they are in my opinion doing a better job than the last lot. Would I work for them as a volunteer again... NO WAY... not with this current decision making process and the decisions made thus far. Does that make me a Nat apologist? To some people it may... but i fail to see how... we all have some political view and most vote... I am open about my beliefs.

One advantage I have following the Nats even as a non-member is that I find out what happens with regards to meetings... and can inform others of such meetings, like the one with Nick Smith.

Am I pissed off at the Nats for this ACC proposed hike... well what do you think.. absolutely. However, I will remain close to what happens in the party because I believe the best way is to fight from a point where you can see your enemy.

I have been involved with politics for over 25 years both here and in Australia. I know what it's like to be a minority and a majority. I have been chairman at both branch, area and electoral levels. It has taught me a great deal about how to instigate change using politics. It is a very powerful weapon if used correctly.

I am passionate and angry about the proposed hike in ACC levies.. I am also angry at the party hacks who put their head in the sand.

Info about Allan Peachey may be useful for some... Allan joined the party before the failed Brash election. He replaced a totally ineffectual Clem Simich as MP for Tamaki. Allan became an MP in that election and this is his second term in office.

Tamaki is a blue ribbon seat for National. It has amongst others John Banks in its area. Plus a blue city council membership as well. The area has a large proportion of riders as the income level in the eastern bays area is high average. People generally own a bike as a recreational vehicle or a scooter for work commuting into Town Uni etc. Hence its a great area to protest in.

OK... thats my background. If anyone feels like slagging off anymore I will simply ignore them, we have a job to do as bikers and I am right behind the cause. I don't give a monkeys if you are far right far left or stuck in the centre... it doesn't matter... but use any connections you have in this campaign... it needs all it can muster.

Lets show Nick Smith and the Tamaki hacks that we can be smart enough to control this meeting whilst having a good meeting in our favour. Perhaps a loud outside protest could be held. Tamaki drive where the club resides and the meeting is to be held is a main road... a few hundred bikers with signs outside the venue whilst a hundred or so inside would be a great combination.. Both sides of Tamaki drive could be occupied.

Over to you... remember... people who just want to stir or persist in stupid comments will be ignored and I advise other people concerned about the issue to do the same... we don't need stupid derogatory remarks here... just good ideas!

regards

Peter Chatteris

Bike
    Yahmama
    To all.. subject.. honesty! Short Circuit and other detractors.. READ This!!

For everyone's Info and to ensure no person is confused I will be open about my belief's. I was a member of the Nats for 6 years. A committee member for most of the time and a keen worker at last years election for the Nats.

Early this year I was ousted from our local branch. This was because I challenged some of the things John Key was doing. I didn't think all he did and is doing was what I expected. I was and am a little disappointed with the National led government and am NOT repeat NOT a current member. The people in the various branches around the eastern bays area are largely old party hacks or new fresh faced albeit weak individuals who gain strength through being around these agreeable old party hacks. I couldn't stand this whole regime and challenged them and as said some government decisions. I wont go into what I disagreed with because it isn't relevant to this thread.

Would I still vote Nat... probably... why? because they are in my opinion doing a better job than the last lot. Would I work for them as a volunteer again... NO WAY... not with this current decision making process and the decisions made thus far. Does that make me a Nat apologist? To some people it may... but i fail to see how... we all have some political view and most vote... I am open about my beliefs.

One advantage I have following the Nats even as a non-member is that I find out what happens with regards to meetings... and can inform others of such meetings, like the one with Nick Smith.

Am I pissed off at the Nats for this ACC proposed hike... well what do you think.. absolutely. However, I will remain close to what happens in the party because I believe the best way is to fight from a point where you can see your enemy.

I have been involved with politics for over 25 years both here and in Australia. I know what it's like to be a minority and a majority. I have been chairman at both branch, area and electoral levels. It has taught me a great deal about how to instigate change using politics. It is a very powerful weapon if used correctly.

I am passionate and angry about the proposed hike in ACC levies.. I am also angry at the party hacks who put their head in the sand.

Info about Allan Peachey may be useful for some... Allan joined the party before the failed Brash election. He replaced a totally ineffectual Clem Simich as MP for Tamaki. Allan became an MP in that election and this is his second term in office.

Tamaki is a blue ribbon seat for National. It has amongst others John Banks in its area. Plus a blue city council membership as well. The area has a large proportion of riders as the income level in the eastern bays area is high average. People generally own a bike as a recreational vehicle or a scooter for work commuting into Town Uni etc. Hence its a great area to protest in.

OK... thats my background. If anyone feels like slagging off anymore I will simply ignore them, we have a job to do as bikers and I am right behind the cause. I don't give a monkeys if you are far right far left or stuck in the centre... it doesn't matter... but use any connections you have in this campaign... it needs all it can muster.

Lets show Nick Smith and the Tamaki hacks that we can be smart enough to control this meeting whilst having a good meeting in our favour. Perhaps a loud outside protest could be held. Tamaki drive where the club resides and the meeting is to be held is a main road... a few hundred bikers with signs outside the venue whilst a hundred or so inside would be a great combination.. Both sides of Tamaki drive could be occupied.

Over to you... remember... people who just want to stir or persist in stupid comments will be ignored and I advise other people concerned about the issue to do the same... we don't need stupid derogatory remarks here... just good ideas!

regards

Peter Chatteris
    You are blue under your leathers.

You support their general ideology - privatisation and user pays...both of which undermine the Woodhouse principles which underpin ACC.

You have actively contributed to the situation bikers find themselves in.

No one is deluded into thinking bikers can "fight this from the inside". I think we should be more worried about Blue coloured puppets like you infiltrating us and undermining our position

Thread Information