Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday 22 November - Auckland

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Good luck with it and yeah, good comment about spending money there. Don't forget the placards explaining this is what it'll be like when you all have to take your cars because you can't afford your bikes. Handouts explaining how ACC's figures are flawed would be great too.

Be good to see this done in other centres too.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    What time Mom?? I may be able to put in an appearance (ladies, control yourselves)....

Early Can someone down there tell me when the shops open on Sundays, we would want to be there half an hour before then to avail ourselves of the parking
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    Cool, ticks all the boxes.
    So Sunday 22 Nov.
    Mission Bay car park.
    Time? Will need to be early breakfast to take the car parks.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Good luck with it and yeah, good comment about spending money there. Don't forget the placards explaining this is what it'll be like when you all have to take your cars because you can't afford your bikes. Handouts explaining how ACC's figures are flawed would be great too.

Be good to see this done in other centres too.
    Haven't you got a big square down there? Go on, I dare you to do the same on Sunday
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    If you want this to work and you want numbers at such short notice, give exact times, exact locations and advanced warning. And put it on the KB front page, because searching threads to find updates is just too hard.
    Please Mr ACC, my 1300cc bike was passed by a 400cc bike on a track day, can I have my fees reduced ?

Bike
    Pillion
    Maybe being inner city, this a chance for more scooters to get involved, cos theres nothing worse than spying a carpark and pulling up to see a wee scoot there he he! A lot of people I've talked to, do not realise the increase involves scooters too
    It is entirely possible to teach an old blond new tricks!!!

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs View Post
    If you want this to work and you want numbers at such short notice, give exact times, exact locations and advanced warning. And put it on the KB front page, because searching threads to find updates is just too hard.
    I will, trust me, I dont live in Auckland, I dont know what times shops open. As soon as I do I will nail the details and ask for it to be news on the homepage.
    Nonono,

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    Yes make it the city not the suburbs, that way its a straight in straight out hit.
    Going to mission bay is a day out on a bike not a short hard hitting protest.
    Please Mr ACC, my 1300cc bike was passed by a 400cc bike on a track day, can I have my fees reduced ?

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Yes make it the city not the suburbs, that way its a straight in straight out hit.
    Someone got in before me, it is already on the front page. Thank you whoever did that for me.
    Nonono,

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    Mission bay is 10 mins from the CBD....
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    The best one to hit would be the Harbor parking at the maritime museum. Huge visibility to tourists and puts you smack bang in the city.

Bike
    2006 VFR800
    How about Mission bay on Saturday and Ponsonby on Sunday?. It would be good to do it over two days so those that can't make one day can make the other. The main problem with downtown Auckland and Queen St is the council has already made almost all the parking 5 mins or taxi stands so people have to park in buildings which is not that visible.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiflyer View Post
    Mission bay is 10 mins from the CBD....
    And perhaps we can all go for a pootle through there on our way home after brunch

The best one to hit would be the Harbor parking at the maritime museum. Huge visibility to tourists and puts you smack bang in the city.

Now you are talking, weekend after next maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    How about Mission bay on Saturday and Ponsonby on Sunday?. It would be good to do it over two days so those that can't make one day can make the other. The main problem with downtown Auckland and Queen St is the council has already made almost all the parking 5 mins or taxi stands so people have to park in buildings which is not that visible.

I have updated the first post with all the details, Mission Bay this Sunday, I have said CBD the following one, but I am liking the vidaduct option too!
    Nonono,

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    The city (CBD) is just too spread out, nowhere for a lot of bikes to get together to put on a show. Most CBD parks VERY time limited and enforced.
    Mission Bay car park, by the big fountain would be perfect.
    Think all the cafes open at about 7.30 (ish).

Bike
    CB1300 ( naked )
    Mission bay is not 10min from the CBD if you 100 bikes. Its also a pain to get to unless you ride Tamiki drive, and thats a rolling protest not a parking one

Thread Information