Thread: Banned overseas?

Bike
    It was on the good

Banned overseas?

I have read in various places that wire rope barriers are banned in certain countries, being removed from others and being retrofitted to make them safer for motorbike riders in other countries.

Can anyone post some factual information/links to show where this is occurring. Be muchos grateful.

Cheers

Bike
    It was on the good

Banned Overseas ?

Is there an echo in here ?
    Last edited by Berries; 7th October 2010 at 22:34. Reason: Bloody double posts again

Bike
    2011 ER-6N

Bike
    It was on the good
    Cheers for that Slyer, some handy links. What I am really after, taking Norway as an example, is information that the Norwegian Public Roads Administration have put out detailing the decision they made back in 2006. I can try and track it down but if anyone is in the know it would save a lot of googling and translating. Same goes for Holland and Sweden and any other countries that have put restrictions on its use. I can't really use info from motorbike action/lobby groups for what I am doing as it would appear somewhat biased.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Cheers for that Slyer, some handy links. What I am really after, taking Norway as an example, is information that the Norwegian Public Roads Administration have put out detailing the decision they made back in 2006. I can try and track it down but if anyone is in the know it would save a lot of googling and translating. Same goes for Holland and Sweden and any other countries that have put restrictions on its use. I can't really use info from motorbike action/lobby groups for what I am doing as it would appear somewhat biased.
    Drop me an email

anne.james@mag-nz.org

I will forward it on to our MAG-UK contacts re the WRB and get a definitive answer for you.

We have access to some "official type" documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Please say they replaced them with something else - and didn't leave it open for 'inter-highway goons'
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Thread Information