Thread: One year to go

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped

One year to go

This time next year, election campaigns will be in full swing. RIGHT NOW candidates and potential candidates will be thinking about what they will do, and say, as well as the party line. We have to think about what we are gong to do. My early thoughts...

1) We need a firm, policy statement from each political party as to what it will do with ACC. Their statements will be used to hang or help as necessary.

2) We need to identify candidates sympathetic to our views.

3) We need to identify candidates unsympathetic, who may currently be lurking, undeclared.

4) We need to make life absolutely hell for The ACC Minister, and possibly the Minister of Transport.

MMP teaches us we cannot simply work had to spill them from their electorates, as they will re-appear on the list, we should still work hard to have a negative impact on their campaigns and subsequent political future.

Id like to see Mr Smith look over his shoulder every time he calls a public meeting, as he knows there will be no car parks left, motorcyclists occupying all the ones at the venue.

Id like to see motorcyclists quietly, and peacefully distributing accurate leaflets describing Mr Smiths intentions at all his gatherings, even from the carprak of non-public ones.

Id like to see less quiet and peaceful heckling him at every public meeting, making his every campaign experience a misery.

Just a few ideas.. but I think now is the time to start designing OUR campaign, producing booklets and heckling sheets, flyers and leaflets, plus starting to track the movements of our ACC Minister to ensure bikers are at every public or party meeting from here on in.

Don't think that targeting the PARTY is a waste of time. The party is a fragile collection of individuals, all of whom can be made to see Mr Smith as a liability.

The key for us is to be prepared, to be non violent and more adult in public perception than Mr Smith, and most of all, just to be EVERYWHERE that he is, every time.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Yep, agree with all you are saying Dave. We have not gone away and those that need to know need to know in no uncertain terms.

At the end of the day, there are how many registered motorcycles in NZ? Imagine the influence that could have on how the voting would swing. It's not about who supports what political party, more about what these politicians will do for us as bikers.

Time to find out as you quite rightly suggest

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Some nice ideas there Dave, especially taking up the parking anywhere near any meeting that Prick Smith is running/attending, then heckling the crap out of him. Needs to be sensible heckling, though - chanting "Bullshit" is pointless, but intelligent argument against everything he says might help wake J Citizen up.
    Ya reckon we can make it happen? I'm keen.
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Quote Originally Posted by What? View Post
    Some nice ideas there Dave, especially taking up the parking anywhere near any meeting that Prick Smith is running/attending, then heckling the crap out of him. Needs to be sensible heckling, though - chanting "Bullshit" is pointless, but intelligent argument against everything he says might help wake J Citizen up.
    Ya reckon we can make it happen? I'm keen.
    The good guys at MAG http://www.mag-nz.org/ have asked me to get involved.

So this will be done under MAGs wing, I'm sure they would like to see you as a $20 member or a supporter.

I see it as a very appropriate setup.

MAG providing the more direct, in your face, we are still here type of stuff, with the slightly cooler heads at BRONZ doing more of the submissions to the minister, helping ensure our MSL is well spend and keeping up with the quieter, cooler and effective stuff they are good at, as well as the occasional amazing BLITKREIG type bikeoi that all bikers get into.

This is just my view. I'm not speaking for MAG or anyone else for that matter.

I see we have a massive number of motorcycle groups, the umbrella group is addressing this and has my full support.

But I'm more a get stuck in, can't wait for the national organisation, go and piss the man off right now type of guy.

This is the main reason I support MAG.

BRONZ has always been there, as the rose bush, right in the ministers gaze. Unavoidably noticeable and sending an effective message.

The minister is now going to find out that the poison he has sprayed on the bush hasn't killed it.

The flower is just as bright as last year, and maybe the whole bush just looks a little bigger.

But MAG has arrived.

There is no doubt the rose has more thorns, and the Minister will find they are sharp and they seem to be everywhere.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Thread Information