Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Christchurch protest ride - Dec 5th

Bike
    1995 harley davidson low rider

A couple of riders

have offered there help as far as hazards on there bike so if you are keen to help i will have a detailed map of the direction we will be taking, we will not be going down lichfield st but we will be going thru the strip then right into worcester st and finishing in the square. A BIG THANKS to all who have offered there help and the support so we will make it a day that the public won't forget, see you all there and i will keep you up to date if there is any more news
    R.I.P Wayne - always in my heart

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GSF1200S Bandit
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    John Key is not opening Pegasus. It's being opened by a Waimakariri District Councillor. Who is organising the ride to Pegasus?
    Yes I heard that about 30mins after putting post. I will not be attending,,, a sentence in the invitation worries me,,, "yes traffic will be held up but we have to start making ourselves heard" I am not going to a protest that will just piss everyone off, this is not the best way to get our point across. Any of these protests should not seriously impact other motorists etc. Thats just my feeling on the whole matter. Have fun.
    Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles24 View Post
    have offered there help as far as hazards on there bike so if you are keen to help i will have a detailed map of the direction we will be taking, we will not be going down lichfield st but we will be going thru the strip then right into worcester st and finishing in the square. A BIG THANKS to all who have offered there help and the support so we will make it a day that the public won't forget, see you all there and i will keep you up to date if there is any more news
    i will try sweet talking my boss on friday, but i dont like my chances. this woman only grudgingly gave me a day off sick when i was coughing so bad i was on an asthma inhaler. i doubt she will give me time off to galavanting all over the country.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    she is obviously not a biker, try chocolates or say you have stubbytoeitis, just a suggestion.

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    BMW MEGAMOTO

Good luck guys.

Good luck over there with your protest ride hope people are not as apathetic as here in melbourne.The only time big numbers turn up for protest rides here is when they try to stop us parking on the footpath which is currently legal in the CDB.Then every man and his dog turns up.Generally australians just take it up the rear end from the law makers,they want to micro chip our bikes next!
    I still return to ch ch occassionally for a refresher ride around the south island the best motorcycling roads in the world.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by tubehead View Post
    ...they want to micro chip our bikes next.
    Tell me you're joking?

Bike
    BMW MEGAMOTO
    Wish I was.The excuse is they can't get bikes on most tolled roads and speed cameras because of no front number plate so they are looking at identification
    via a micro chip unit similar to an E tag.They already have number plate reading cameras to detect unregistered vehicles.Big brother is watching and scheming ways to save us from ourselves!Oh and dip into our bank accounts.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by tubehead View Post
    Wish I was.The excuse is they can't get bikes on most tolled roads and speed cameras because of no front number plate so they are looking at identification
    via a micro chip unit similar to an E tag.They already have number plate reading cameras to detect unregistered vehicles.Big brother is watching and scheming ways to save us from ourselves!Oh and dip into our bank accounts.
    Dirty BASTARDS

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    2005 vt750 02
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles24 View Post
    Register your attendance here.

Alright folks here it is, December the 5th there will be a protest ride starting from Izone Drive in Rolleston (there will be marshals to direct you to the start point) meeting from 10.30am.

The reason we are starting in Rolleston is that hopefully the Timaru and Ashburton riders will be attending.
    We will be leaving around 12.00pm heading down Main South Rd, left into Main South Rd from the Sockburn roundabout, Riccarton Rd, Hagley Ave, Oxford Tce, Lichfield St then left into Colombo St and finishing in the square and we will take up the whole square. There we will be met by a few MPs and others.

It is time to step up the protest and make some noise, yes traffic will be held up but we have to start making ourselves heard and seen, we have done the quiet protest now it is time to show the Christchurch public we are not happy.

I am also thinking of getting the learner riders and the scooters up front doing about 70kmh. This will still be legal as the police still won't help out but I am trying to get a meeting with the area commander for transport and say help out. I have heard there are some bikes with hazard lights if there is I need one to go right up front with hazards on, it would have to be a fairly experienced rider, if that is you can you PM me please so we can touch base and finalise it.

I have e-mailed all the clubs I can think of I will be heading to some bike shops to hand out up posters and have got in touch with some contacts in the media, so what I am hoping and expecting is that we can do better then the last rally's as far as numbers is concerned. If you have t-shirts and banners then bring them and wear them, signs on your bike wouldn't be a bad thing either. If anybody is keen we should head to the Wheatsheaf for a get together after the rally.
    ill be there with bells on mate they need a good show of bikers

Bike

update

Charles Lamb (for people who don't know him he is the thorn in ACCs side) has confirmed he will be attending hopefully with some good news, Ruth Dyson will be attending but unfortunatly Dave C from the Green party will not be able to attend but thats alright i will try to rustle up a couple more if i can, and still no national MPs will show there face, i think they made be scared of the big bad biker and the normal biker.

F.B.M.C for life

Bike

Well i am a dork

does anybody know of any bike clubs on the coast or know of any riders there that could pass on the message.

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    1996 Yamaha XV 535 cruiser
    Good luck with your Protest ride I could not afford to ride down to Christchurch as much as I would like to. I went to Wellington and it was a excellent experience keep up the good work. Vern

Bike
    86 Suzuki GSX-R 1100

Pegasus protest

Is this protest ride in conjunction with the protest ride on the same day to Pegasus golf course, or is it the same protest?

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Is this protest ride in conjunction with the protest ride on the same day to Pegasus golf course, or is it the same protest?
    I don't think there is a Pegasus ride, it was orignally thought John Key will be at Pegasus, but he's not.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Yeah, can someone please confirm or deny if someone is still planning something for Pegasus as I understood it had been canned. There seems to something still hovering around in the background for some reason even though JK is not coming.
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information