Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Christchurch protest ride - Dec 5th

Bike
    1995 harley davidson low rider

Christchurch protest ride - Dec 5th

Christchurch protest ride
    Saturday Dec 5th

Register your attendance here.

Alright folks here it is, December the 5th there will be a protest ride starting from Izone Drive in Rolleston (there will be marshals to direct you to the start point) meeting from 10.30am.

The reason we are starting in Rolleston is that hopefully the Timaru and Ashburton riders will be attending.
    We will be leaving around 12.00pm heading down Main South Rd, left into Main South Rd from the Sockburn roundabout, Riccarton Rd, Hagley Ave, Oxford Tce, Lichfield St then left into Manchester st, then left into cashel st and finishing in the city mall. There we will be met by a few MPs and others.

It is time to step up the protest and make some noise, yes traffic will be held up but we have to start making ourselves heard and seen, we have done the quiet protest now it is time to show the Christchurch public we are not happy.

I am also thinking of getting the learner riders and the scooters up front doing about 70kmh. This will still be legal as the police still won't help out but I am trying to get a meeting with the area commander for transport and say help out. I have heard there are some bikes with hazard lights if there is I need one to go right up front with hazards on, it would have to be a fairly experienced rider, if that is you can you PM me please so we can touch base and finalise it.

I have e-mailed all the clubs I can think of I will be heading to some bike shops to hand out up posters and have got in touch with some contacts in the media, so what I am hoping and expecting is that we can do better then the last rally's as far as numbers is concerned. If you have t-shirts and banners then bring them and wear them, signs on your bike wouldn't be a bad thing either. If anybody is keen we should head to the Wheatsheaf for a get together after the rally.
    R.I.P Wayne - always in my heart

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    SOLD. Hey Nick Smith get Fucked!!
    This should be a sticky!

Got my support Knuckles
    L'arte italiana cammina su due rotelle!

Bike
    Big red
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles24 View Post
    Alright folks here it is, December the 5th there will be a protest ride starting from izone drive in rolleston (there will be marshals to direct you to the start point) meeting from 10.30am, the reason we are starting in rolleston is that hopefully the timaru and ashburton riders will be attending. We will be leaving around 12.00pm heading down main south rd, left into main south rd from the sockburn roundabout, riccarton rd, hagley ave, oxford tce, lichfield st then left into colombo st and finishing in the square and we will take up the whole square, there we will be met by a few MPs and others. It is time to step up the protest and make some noise, yes traffic will be held up but we have to start making ourselves heard and seen, we have done the quiet protest now it is time to show the christchurch public we are not happy. I am also thinking of getting the learner riders and the scooters up front doing about 70kmh. This will still be legal as the police still won't help out but i am trying to get a meeting with the area commander for transport and say help out. I have heard there are some bikes with hazard lights if there is i need one to go right up front with hazards on, it would have to be a fairly experienced rider, if that is you can you pm me please so we can touch base and finalise it. I have e-mailed all the clubs i can think of i will be heading to some bike shops to out up posters and have got in touch with some contacts in the media, so what i am hoping and expecting is that we can do better then the last rally's as far as numbers is concerned. If you have t-shirts and banners then bring them and wear them, signs on your bike wouldn't be a bad thing either. If anybody is keen we should head to the wheatsheaf for a get together after the rally.
    Good on you, I will come. I don't want to put a fly in your soup but, you can't turn left from Lichfield Street onto Colombo Street. There is a no left turn sign there. Maybe go left at Oxford Terrace past the strip then onto Hereford Street then into Cathedral Square?

Cheers.

Bike
    SOLD. Hey Nick Smith get Fucked!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    Good on you, I will come. I don't want to put a fly in your soup but, you can't turn left from Lichfield Street onto Colombo Street. There is a no left turn sign there. Maybe go left at Oxford Terrace past the strip then onto Hereford Street then into Cathedral Square?

Cheers.
    from Moorhouse ave, left onto Colombo st would be better.

This should really be a sticky too!
    L'arte italiana cammina su due rotelle!

Bike

I think going down the strip would be better, didn't realise that you couldnt turn left in to colombo st, my bad.

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700
    regardles of the route, I'm all for it I'll be there.
    Shaken, not stirred in the shakey city!

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    I get the point of having learners and scooters up front but I have reservations about having the 'L' platers, who by definition are inexperienced, leading a hopefully very large ride.

Also a bit concerned about some of the scooteratti needing to proceed at 70kph outside of town when some of them (and their bikes) may be quite unaccustomed to that speed. How were they catered for at the Bikoi?

Would it be an option for scooters to perhaps meet with the larger group at say Templeton and then lead the way in from there because there's nothing but a lack of self discipline preventing the larger group from proceeding at say 80kph from Rolleston to Templeton without having to have slow vehicles in front?

Just my 10 cents worth.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike

I don't mind 10 cents worth it all helps for the day, yeah you are probably right, i may lead it myself that way we can keep an eye on the less experienced, all learners and scooters are welcome otherwise how else do you get the experience riding in a group.

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    1986 RZ350 + many others
    Isn't there already a protest ride on the 5th of december?

Please keep in mind that people riding 50cc modeds will not be able to achieve 70 km h, probably more like 50-60
    Two Stroke, the pinnacle of engine design

Bike

Not that i have heard

I have been checking around and can't find anyone who is doing one except for us

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    I have been checking around and can't find anyone who is doing one except for us
    There was a suggestion somewhere about a vintage or veteran bike club of some sort doing something but I think that was when it was thought that John Key was coming to town.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Alright folks here it is, December the 5th there will be a protest ride ....If you have t-shirts and banners then bring them and wear them, signs on your bike wouldn't be a bad thing either. If anybody is keen we should head to the wheatsheaf for a get together after the rally.
    Fantastic news! Keep it up folks, they will get the message eventually!
    Have a look here

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...d.php?t=111452

We are using these to great effect up here.

Pm one of the senior mods too, and ask for them to put this on the sticky list at the top of the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike

saw that, was thinking about getting something, have to get a megaphone 1st so i don't loose my voice like the first protest ride.

F.B.M.C for life

Bike
    Triple Delight
    saw that, was thinking about getting something, have to get a megaphone 1st so i don't loose my voice like the first protest ride.
    Funny you should say that we just bought one $89 plus batteries (cos everything good needs batteries eh)

I have a big mouth and can throw my voice a fair way, I just did not to be faced with a bigger crowd than we got last weekend at a venue where the wind could be a factor. Get stuck in, the power of the people is strong in you
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike

they will

definitly hear us, they have left us with no choice, it sounds like there are going to be a few MPs, funny thing is that no national MPs are willing to show there face.

F.B.M.C for life

Thread Information