Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Street Triple review

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Guess what I'm picking up at 9.30am tomorrow....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-216984309.htm

Ok, thats probably a little easy to guess.
    Mint, though I think I already said that!
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Mint, though I think I already said that!
    True, You picked up on one of my more subtle hints.

I've been fighting the urge for the last couple of hours to post a thread in the main forum saying, FUCK ME, I HAVE A BRAND NEW SPEED TRIPLE.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    True, You picked up on one of my more subtle hints.

I've been fighting the urge for the last couple of hours to post a thread in the main forum saying, FUCK ME, I HAVE A BRAND NEW SPEED TRIPLE.
    Yes and I understand that particular model has slightly better suspension than standard.

I'll look forward to your review!
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Pretty sure the only difference is the detailing and the bolt on plastic bits (and gel seat).

The review should be interesting, I'll no doubt carry over my riding style from the Harley, Big handfulls of throttle, Jumping on the breaks a mile away from where I want to stop, putting it into corners like shes a train....

Bike
    Blade '12

The review should be interesting, I'll no doubt carry over my riding style from the Harley, Big handfulls of throttle, Jumping on the breaks a mile away from where I want to stop, putting it into corners like shes a train....
    Oh niiiiiice bike mate. Congrats!

Looking forward to the review.

Bike
    Triumph's answer to the GN250
    Blog Entries

They're top bikes

my son has one and I rode them a lot when I worked at the local Triumph shop, and they really are something special. Incredibly user friendly.
    Don't blame me, I voted Green.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Alrighty, 2 days with a speed triple.

I picked her up yesterday morning from an inner-Auckland bikeshop, I was in my ute so she went on the back for the drive home, Once I got back to paradise Wanganui I unloaded her and went for a 160km ride to do the first part of the "running in" cycle. I immediately hit the open road, only to discover the maximum speed I could get from the 3500rpm restriction was well under 100km/h and cars were attempting to kill me for being lame. So I ended up up doing multiple loops around the back roads.

Took her out again today and was able to go up to 5000rpm (133Km/h) which was far more fun, I finally get a small taste of the motor.

Impressions

Its quiet, real quiet, I could almost swear sometimes when I'm cruising along its not even running and I'm going to roll to a stop. I have noticed a massive drop in people in cars who are aware of my proximity, This is a massive constast in comparison to riding my Harley, and once again I heap scorn on the fools that claim car drivers don't hear a loud set of mean pipes.

Goes round corners well. Brakes work well. Reasonably comfortable. Gets better looking every time I look at it.

Seems to go alright but can't get too exited during the lengthy running in process. Sitting position reminds me the GPX 750 I owned many moons ago.

The first 100k's were a hard case as I'm so used to the Harley (read that as"I fucked up shit all over the place"), Obviously this bike does everything differently but I'm getting to know her real well.

Bike
    It's a Ninja,that's why you can't see it
    New chain and sprockets have finally arrived from UK (must have finally thawed out over there). Cost was 128GBP wiothout shipping. Shipping can be fairly expensive but I was a bit sneaky and got a UK family member to post them to keep the cost down.

Getting them put on the bike tomorrow. Have already taken some before pictures - will take some after ones tomorrow.

Bike

New sprockets and chain installed

OK,

chain and sprockets finally installed.

Must admit that they do look good - especially when compared to the OEM rear sprocket.

Performance wise - only tried them in a painfully slow commute home and couldn't really tell much difference, but will try them out at some respectable paces and feedback what I find.

All in all I think they look good but with the benefit of hindsight I should have waited until my OEM sprockets and chain were on the way out before upgrading. Proved to be costly in the end with purchase price, shipping and installing all adding up. Money would have most probably been better spent on half an exhaust upgrade.

But, I do like the look of them - they definitely improve the rear half of the bike. Before and after pics attached - judge for yourself.

Also, if anyone is looking to buy a set of OEM sprockets and chain used for only 3000kms then give me a shout - these fit the daytona as well as the street triples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1190277.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	550.1 KB 
ID:	192186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1190279.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	578.5 KB 
ID:	192191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1210282.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	559.3 KB 
ID:	192192   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1190278.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	192193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1210281.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	584.3 KB 
ID:	192194  

Bike
    Forgot to add - did one last mod tonight - removed the strap from the seat. Pretty easy job - just undo a couple of bolts underneath the seat and take off the strap. Makes the seat look better IMO.

Next mods - stompgrips and a rad guard - hopefully they will be here soon.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Looks good. I just bought the standard replacement parts for the 675 after 23000K. Seriously tempted by the bling but my wallet puckered.

May just be the photo angle but that new chain looks tight... may pay to double check.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post

May just be the photo angle but that new chain looks tight... may pay to double check.
    Yeah I noticed that when looking at the pictures as well. Bike shop told me to bring it back in after 500 kms as the chain will need to be adjusted. I'll keep an eye on it though for the time being.

Edit: checked the slack on the chain and it seems to be within the recommended 20 to 25mms. Must just be the angle of the picture.

Thread Information