View Poll Results: Coming to the Christmas Cocktails? Reply here...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protest AND cocktails for free?? Heck yeah!!

13 72.22%
  • I have ballet lessons, sorry no...

4 22.22%
  • I'll be recovering from my UFC fight that afternoon... so maybe...

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wellington - National Party Christmas Cocktails

Bike
    R100GSPD

callcutta street

be fairly east to cause parking difficulties there

Bike
    2002 Hayabusa and 2001 Honda XR650R
    I'm in too.

Can we get an action plan? Nothing fancy but I think it would be better if we all (or most of us) arrive in group rather than one at a time.

One more thing - looking at the link it doesn't clearly mention that this event is open to the public.

just to state my position clearly: I'm all in for this but the location being private property, if this event is not actually open to the public of if the house owner asks us to leave (it's his property so he can do that) i'm not in for any vandalism or any of the sort, because I believe this would do more harm than help our cause.

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by centaurus View Post
    I'm in too.

Can we get an action plan? Nothing fancy but I think it would be better if we all (or most of us) arrive in group rather than one at a time.

One more thing - looking at the link it doesn't clearly mention that this event is open to the public.

just to state my position clearly: I'm all in for this but the location being private property, if this event is not actually open to the public of if the house owner asks us to leave (it's his property so he can do that) i'm not in for any vandalism or any of the sort, because I believe this would do more harm than help our cause.
    The calendar link on the parties web site says

Venue Ballance Residence
    Address 68 Calcutta St
    Khandallah
    Attendance General Public

and although it may be a bit ambiguous if attendance = general public I would infer it is open to us as generals public.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Our aim is to make our presence felt and to keep Johnboy on his toes right ?

Like - we are not going to roll over and let things lie.

We're not aiming to carry out any such antics such as deliberately sabotaging the event by taking up all the parks unecessarily are we ?

I think a polite, rational and well reasoned chat about the ACC situation with John and some of the attendees should be our goal, lest we get trespassed and make ourselves look bad.

Yes/No ?
    Last edited by Deano; 27th November 2009 at 12:46. Reason: added a bit
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    2002 VFR800 VTEC
    I am all for turning up on the bike, leathers and t shirts, but being able to mingle, say gidday, have a drink, and talk intelligently about the subject of ACC being torn out from under every New Zealander.

so thats a Yes vote from me to Deano's post above.

My new catch phrase - if ACC goes from NZ, then welcome to another little America, right here down under. the thin edge of the wedge alright.

Bike
    Cagiva Raptor 650, ZX-10R
    Meet at Kaiwharawhara Caltex at 5.45pm, leave at 5.50pm. Takes less than 10mins to get there...

Also, register your rsvp in the poll so we have an idea how many are turning up!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bend-it View Post
    Meet at Kaiwharawhara Caltex at 5.45pm, leave at 5.50pm. Takes less than 10mins to get there...

Also, register your rsvp in the poll so we have an idea how many are turning up!
    It was discussed on TRTNR so potentially a dozen of us. But we will leave duckpond at 6.30pm and head there via some back roads. Should be there by 7.30-8.00pm ish.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Ducati 900ss The Guido Torpedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxi View Post
    i'm in! and making sure eveyone I know knows about it too
    We are so there! I'm thinking my tuxedo T-shirt.
    Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire. -Samuel Johnson

Bike
    FZR 400
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity_rules View Post
    We are so there! I'm thinking my tuxedo T-shirt.
    ya always go that extra bit buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bend-it View Post
    register your rsvp in the poll so we have an idea how many are turning up!
    done

Bike
    Ducati 900ss The Guido Torpedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxi View Post
    ya always go that extra bit buddy
    Hey what can I say? I'm a class act. Wait till those John whores get a load of me. Oh I'll be nice but..........
    Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire. -Samuel Johnson

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I think a polite, rational and well reasoned chat about the ACC situation with John and some of the attendees should be our goal, lest we get trespassed and make ourselves look bad.

Yes/No ?
    Yes I'm definitely for this.

So is someone going to email an RSVP to make our attendance official? Less chance of us being denied entry if we've notified them we're coming I reckon.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Piggy View Post
    Yes I'm definitely for this.

So is someone going to email an RSVP to make our attendance official? Less chance of us being denied entry if we've notified them we're coming I reckon.
    Good idea .. you wanna Ms P .. they might know my name .. add me to the list whoever does it.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    Good idea .. you wanna Ms P .. they might know my name .. add me to the list whoever does it.
    Yep can do.

So do you think we need to give them our names or just my name "and friends". I'll wait until Sunday night to email her.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Piggy View Post
    Yep can do.

So do you think we need to give them our names or just my name "and friends". I'll wait until Sunday night to email her.
    Names work best ... the and friends to the end in case others come ... definately happy for you to give them mine
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

*IMPORTANT* Need the names of those attending

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    Names work best ... the and friends to the end in case others come ... definately happy for you to give them mine
    Okay great - so can everyone who is attending please PM me or email me at wgtnridersaccprotest@gmail.com (don't worry I won't be emailing our attendance from this email address).

Thread Information