A friends dad just had an 'off' (yes, knocked off by a car) he is OK, the bike written off.
But that got me thinking, his insurance paid out for the bike, and he is now back at work after 4 weeks on ACC while healing up from the damage done.

to me this is kind of (and try to stay with me on this), kind of a success story for keeping ACC. I thought it would not be a bad thing to 'get out there' that ACC does work, and we (bikers) often don't cost a whole lot.

this poor guy, knocked from his ride, bike written off, collects ACC for about a month, and is back at work and is earning his own way again.

Is this not the way it's meant to work? I guess i'm just trying to say that it's worth fighting for.

Hey - maybe I'm completely out of wack...

and on a more personal note, my own ACC accident story:
riding my mates BMW R80GS-PD (fun bike), a person of non kiwi descent pulled in front of me - caught the right front cylinder, i flew through the air(yelling 'what do you think your doing' at them as i flew past the drivers open window of course), to come down on my wrist, breaking it (ok lesson learnt - don't fall on your wrist).
ACC paid for the metal to be stuck in my wrist, and a week or so (from memory - it was awhile ago) off work, then i was back into it. And again from memory, i don't remember having to worry about money or such like, which helps a lot when your recovering!

So yeah, ACC is worth uniting New Zealand over, get it administered and run correctly again with the right ideas at it's core, and saving.