Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1 Tonne cordura gear wet weather review

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    We have had a lot of people really like our Chief gloves and our Waterproof Trackdayer gloves:
    http://www.1tonne.co.nz/index.php?pa...categoryid=104
    http://www.1tonne.co.nz/index.php?pa...categoryid=104

I use the Trackdayer gloves myself.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    People rave about about how good these are but are riding in 20 degree plus conditions most of them. Kiwi's riding with an Antarctica blasting wind chill my guess around -10 the norm and looking for something decent to keep the digits warm after say 30 minutes ride in frost, don't get wet inside in an hours riding of drizzle, keep the wind chill out, and of course have protection should anything turn to custard.

Any recommendations?
    I have got a pair of Belstaff winter gloves. I ride all year in Dunedin's tropical weather and if I ever need to replace them I will get the same again. They look like these ones -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gloves.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	296363  

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=granstar;1130710198

Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

In your case, heated grips.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Thanks for replies...so far.

Heated grips , do they warm the fingers?
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    In some cases (Early in a frosty morning) there is no glove that can keep your fingers warm and so that is when heated and grips come into play.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Um not on a 1979 Triumph Lucas don't make the connection

Intersting test here ...some of the big buck gloves appear useless, Held look the best but pricey.

http://www.visordown.com/product-fea...-5.html‎
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Between bikes

Personally found I would have warmish palms and numb fingertips with mine (had them on my bike before the Ninja), a fair bit of my commute is on the motorway at 100k's though, so wind chill is up there.

Considering getting handguards for my bike this winter.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture

I would say that buying good quality gloves/gear made for the European Winter market is your best solution. The Winters there (UK for example) are long, cold and damp.

I have 5(five) gloves, expensive, but 'toasty warm' compared to cheaper gloves.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    In some cases (Early in a frosty morning) there is no glove that can keep your fingers warm and so that is when heated and grips come into play.
    I commuted in the UK year round for 3 years 100Km each way. Most standard gloves (not summer or fingerless)will last you 30-45 minutes before the chill really sets in at near zero temps. You can get an extra 10-15 minutes by wearing silk inners, and add some latex gloves over the silk inners when it pisses down. The waterproof thermals gloves I had were toasty for 90 minutes each way, Frank Thomas Aqua-something or other
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    My Shoei winter gloves have the 3m thinsulate in them as per the 1Tonne gear. I can't recommend that stuff enough. My gloves keep me toasty warm and dry and they are 14 years old!!! Unfortunately Shoei don't make gloves anymore.

and as for heated grips.... LOVE EM. can't recommend em enough. no idea what brand the ones on my bike are (all I know is they are not oxford), but they work like a bastard and keep my fingers warm even when caught out in summer gloves.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    Thinking
    Knox Zero gloves, end of story
    buy cheap, get cheap................ just like everything else
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P

love my heated grips
    ...have you thought of trying over gloves?....a bit clumsy to wear & use, but VERY effective at keeping your hands dry and warm.

And disregard what some are saying about "only buy expensive gear...the rest is cheap shit", most people saying that are either "in the industry" or have the rediculas ideology that the more expensive the product...the better!! (regardless of reviews etc that state otherwise)

Check product reviews and rider feedback etc and carry on the research you are presently doing, you can save thousands on gear, and can end up with far superiour products than some of the so called brand name gear (...you certainly do PAY for that flash name on the gear)

Case in point...I bought a no-name brand thermal wet weather suit off trade me for $80....four years on, its still going strong, never leaks, bloody warm!, and its the best Dry suit I have EVER tried....work mate spent nearly $300 on a "big name" brand dry suit....its absolute shit!, leaks, has drafts and he is already looking for a replacement (he only got it at the start of last winter!)

...money can't buy common sence....but common sence can save you alot of money!

ps...brother has the full range of gear from 1 Tonne- boots, pants, jacket, gloves...he's really happy with the product and the support

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    love my heated grips
    ...have you thought of trying over gloves?....a bit clumsy to wear & use, but VERY effective at keeping your hands dry and warm.

And disregard what some are saying about "only buy expensive gear...the rest is cheap shit", most people saying that are either "in the industry" or have the rediculas ideology that the more expensive the product...the better!! (regardless of reviews etc that state otherwise)

Check product reviews and rider feedback etc and carry on the research you are presently doing, you can save thousands on gear, and can end up with far superiour products than some of the so called brand name gear (...you certainly do PAY for that flash name on the gear)

Case in point...I bought a no-name brand thermal wet weather suit off trade me for $80....four years on, its still going strong, never leaks, bloody warm!, and its the best Dry suit I have EVER tried....work mate spent nearly $300 on a "big name" brand dry suit....its absolute shit!, leaks, has drafts and he is already looking for a replacement (he only got it at the start of last winter!)

...money can't buy common sence....but common sence can save you alot of money!

ps...brother has the full range of gear from 1 Tonne- boots, pants, jacket, gloves...he's really happy with the product and the support
    Cheers Bro, Yep, he's right, i have everything bar the boots

The boots were worn solidly for four years. I wore the soles out finally . Comfy, waterproof and held together fine, including a slide down the road. I dropped my bike mid corner on manhole cover landing heavily on my right ankle and hand. The boot protected my ankle nicely avoiding injury, except wicked bruising.

My jacket is 1tonne's touring type, had over two years and worn daily. I tour in it, no issues. I typically leave rain insert left in and only had to replace that late last year for a very reasonable price as it started to leak at the elbows.

Had various Pants, all have been thrashed and one pair slid down the road, all good.

Gloves, I've had six or seven different pairs over the years for summer winter etc, all done very well. The pair i slid down the road on were over a year old. They held together nicely and saved my right hand from a nasty injury.

All in all their gear is tops in view after eight years of using their products with good outcomes.

Mr 1 Tonne, when are you releasing that awesome jacket you showed me last year????? Been looking, seen nothing. That prototype was a mighty fine upgrade to the touring jacket, with all those bells and whistles on it, and a good cut too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by ruaphu View Post
    Mr 1 Tonne, when are you releasing that awesome jacket you showed me last year????? Been looking, seen nothing. That prototype was a mighty fine upgrade to the touring jacket, with all those bells and whistles on it, and a good cut too.
    Unfortunately we are still working on it. We have had some big holdups overseas on it (To be honest, the holdups have really peed me off).
    I expected it to be on the market by now but since there are holdups, I cannot give a time of when it will be mass produced. I will post it up on KB when it's ready.

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan

1 Tonne cordura gear wet weather review

Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    Unfortunately we are still working on it. We have had some big holdups overseas on it (To be honest, the holdups have really peed me off).
    I expected it to be on the market by now but since there are holdups, I cannot give a time of when it will be mass produced. I will post it up on KB when it's ready.
    Bugger, sorry to hear that Nathan. Look forward to seeing it on the market soon as the issues are resolved eh. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information