Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampton Downs: is there an issue?

Bike
    2001 SV400s
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinflyz View Post
    yea i saw the vid. The only other option there would be to curve the wall to deflect the impact which would have thrown both cars out onto the racing line.

my point about going head on is that race cars are usually designed or heavily modified to be very strong in the front compared to the sides and somewhat the rear, meaning a head on impact is much preferable to a side on. most car deaths and significant injuries in racing are through side impacts esp. since HANS devices have become mandatory in many parts.
    I imagine if it was curved nicely then in that situation both cars would simply slam into it and slide alongside it, seeing as they were very near to travelling in the same direction as the barrier anyway...

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Shouldn't the end be buried ? Then it would become a nice ramp for cool spiralling jumps that are a feature of every car chase now day's.
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I'm only guessing where you're talking about and yes, it is the inside of a turn and no-where near the line a bike would be on (even racing).
    Not ideal, but still not as bad as puke (hill), Taupo (coming onto front straight), manfield (onto front straight again).

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Cheers for that, now I see where it is. I dont think thats a risk for bikes at all, but you could potentially do it in a sidecar if you collided like that. Hrm I cant see in my head how they could sort that one out apart from starting with a tyre wall, then graduating to the concrete wall. The wall has to start somewhere...
    hmmm in a perfect world maybe........but you seriously can't "engineer" a track that has shit like this on it.

Bike
    tedium
    Compared to Puke, it's way safter.

Outside of final turn (there's gonna be lots more bikes losing the back on the gas) and the downhill left hander (currently T5) are far more of a problem. As previously stated, IMHO
    - the wall at T5 needs pushed back about 10m.
    - the final turn exit wall needs the first 20m of it pushed back about 20m as currently the joining bit is at a poor angle (they currently have tyres or some $hit there...stuff hitting them at 200 kays)
    - the outside wall of the main straight needs smoothed out...woudn't cost much either. Nasty little metal posts sticking out a few inches.
    - any motorcycle events there need to make it a black flag offence to cross the dotted pit lane entrance unless you're actually going to pit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    track bike
    Blog Entries
    I just looked at the map over the track and realised the pit entrance is right at the fastest part of the front straight right after what looks like a corner!?

But hey, at least we have apartments!

Bike
    GSXR600 k7, FXR Bucket
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johan View Post
    ... and realised the pit entrance is right at the fastest part of the front straight right after what looks like a corner!?
    Yeah, if they were to spend cash on fixing safety this should probably be the place to start, while undertaking a slower rider I was edged towards the pit entry myself, had to back off a little, but could easily become dangerous with fast moving traffic + slow moving pitters.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    What did I say?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Compared to Puke, it's way safter.
    Thats actually not much of a compliment mate
    One track has been around for 50 years or more the other is a custom desighned state of the art track
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Thats actually not much of a compliment mate
    One track has been around for 50 years or more the other is a custom desighned state of the art track
    Puke is a dangerous f--king shit hole and H-Downs rocks,: by far the best track in NZ

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    What did I say?
    I dunno, "It's only gay if your balls touch"?
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    You ever thought of racing sidecars Trashie......... with a mouth like that, you're a shoe in!!!
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Puke is a dangerous f--king shit hole and H-Downs rocks,: by far the best track in NZ
    tell that to the poor sod that almost got cut in half by the end of a barrier.
    Theres a very old saying. "proof of the pudding is in the eating"
    besides AGAIN why would anyone want to compare HD to Pukie. If comparing to anything maybee tawpoo
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Nowt any more
    You wouldn't even give me the courtesy of a reach around!!!!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Anyway, all kidding aside (but somehow I wonder if WT is kidding), all I have to say about the pit entrance issue is: Roberto Loccatelli.
    Nuf said.

Bike
    Hilda the NC30, Shitass FZR250
    Fuckin LMAO!! Quote of the day goes to trash!!!!

Thread Information