Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GoPro HD Hero helmet camera

Bike
    2008 KTM 530 EXCR, 1976 BMW R75/6

GoPro HD Hero helmet camera

Hey guys

I just got the new HD Hero helmet camera and gave it a try yesterday. The improvement in video and audio quality over my last camera (an ATC3K) is HUGE! And watching it on Youtube in HD still isn't as good as the native resolution.

Love it. Can't wait for the next track day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jSFBGyq6sM
    (Click HD)

Dave

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    nice vid love the quality

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    . .
    Nice. How much is it?

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by SeppoDave View Post
    Hey guys

I just got the new HD Hero helmet camera and gave it a try yesterday. The improvement in video and audio quality over my last camera (an ATC3K) is HUGE! And watching it on Youtube in HD still isn't as good as the native resolution.

(Click HD)

Dave
    What sort of SD Card are you using?
    Tis a Yamahahahaha G. Just thrash it like you stole it. Gixxer 4 ever
    It really did look very unloved. Specially as it was next to the R1 that the whole crowd wanted to look at. Gixxer 4 ever

Bike
    SF
    Sweet. They've really got the wind noise under control now. Was that mounted to the chin of your helmet?

Bike
    2002 Hayabusa and 2001 Honda XR650R
    Did you find a good deal on the camera or you bought it at the list price from the shop? I've been looking at this model for a while now (since it was launched) but I can't afford over $570 or so for one.

Bike
    I actually got it from these guys in the US: https://pointofviewcameras.com/gopro...lmet-hero.html

With the exchange rate at $NZ.74 to the US dollar, it was only $NZ405 + $28 shipping when I bought it. The rate is down to $0.72 now, which would make it around $NZ415 + shipping. Still way less than what the NZ guys are offering. I saw one on Trademe for $NZ550.

That price included a 4GB SD card, unfortunately Robertydog I don't recall which kind. However, about a week after the camera arrived, I got an email from the Pointofview guys that the card they shipped wasn't up to the task of the high-bitrate modes (720p/60fps, 960/30 or 1020/30) so they are sending me another one (which works) for free.

The video I posted above was captured in 720p/30fps, which still needs to be compressed to go on Youtube. The native resolution of the clip fills up my TV with no pixellation or distortion. Way better than the ATC3K!

Dave

Bike
    N/A
    I actually got it from these guys in the US: https://pointofviewcameras.com/gopro...lmet-hero.html

With the exchange rate at $NZ.74 to the US dollar, it was only $NZ405 + $28 shipping when I bought it. The rate is down to $0.72 now, which would make it around $NZ415 + shipping. Still way less than what the NZ guys are offering. I saw one on Trademe for $NZ550.

That price included a 4GB SD card, unfortunately Robertydog I don't recall which kind. However, about a week after the camera arrived, I got an email from the Pointofview guys that the card they shipped wasn't up to the task of the high-bitrate modes (720p/60fps, 960/30 or 1020/30) so they are sending me another one (which works) for free.

The video I posted above was captured in 720p/30fps, which still needs to be compressed to go on Youtube. The native resolution of the clip fills up my TV with no pixellation or distortion. Way better than the ATC3K!

Dave
    Cheers.
    Ive had my GoPro HD a week now. Im using a Kingston class 4, 16GB SD Card. They are saying that the class 4 should be the minimum Seems to be working ok. Still learning it. Great pic quality i reckon.
    It really did look very unloved. Specially as it was next to the R1 that the whole crowd wanted to look at. Gixxer 4 ever

Bike
    SF
    Any of you GoPro guys had any issues with editing the video? Or do you have Macs? Read a link in a prev thread about PCs having issues with editing software. The Contour HD comes with its own software but the quality of Dave's video is amazing! A tough call. The Contour HD is a bit more compact looking too. Hmmm.... hard decision

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Racetech.co.nz was meant to notify me when they came in. I see they have them advertised on TradeMe already.

I think getting one Stateside would be the way to go.

Bike
    I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 on my PC (and not that strong of a PC either). The good thing about it is that the GoPro camera captures in .mp4 format, Vegas renders in .mp4 format, and Youtube prefers that format for HD uploads.

I'm only new to using the software, but I think it's the right tool for the job for what I'm using it for (posting HD videos on the net).

Bike
    N/A

Bike
    SF
    The ol' crossplane crank sounds horn!
    And good to see you're doing this on a closed road

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays
    Hey guys

(Click HD)

Dave
    oh yes!- now that is an awesome vid- and an awesome bike - and riding!
    love to see you come up behind some unsuspecting sports bike rider and blow him away!
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Bike
    Designa Yello 2004 DR 650
    We have the 5Mp 170 wide as well, great machine for everything, we use it kayaking, MTBing and all!
    Cheers Andi & Ellen
    twomotokiwis.com
    Two Moto Kiwis Adventure Ride, May 3rd 2012 -> 20XX Prudhoe Bay Alaska -> Ushuaia Argentina -> Then Wherever We Point The Bars

Thread Information