Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland ACC Christmas Cards Event

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    And that folks sounds like a plan.
    So what time at Viaduct Mom?
    And Maha, this organizing things not THAT hard after all. lol.
    These things organise themselves really. All it takes is a spark and a bit of energy and hey presto it is done

I think early to the viaduct, we have to show these parked bikes take alot of space as well. How early is early? Does anyone have any idea what time the carpark down there starts to fill up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    I'm in, happy to do deliveries out my way. Pansy Wong, National MP has her office in East Tamaki I think. She's caused a fair bit of crap around here so will happliy dump a load of coal on her....

Is there anywhere in the Viaduct that sells decent pies, last time I was there it was fecking crepes and salad...

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    I'm in, happy to do deliveries out my way. Pansy Wong, National MP has her office in East Tamaki I think. She's caused a fair bit of crap around here so will happliy dump a load of coal on her....

Is there anywhere in the Viaduct that sells decent pies, last time I was there it was fecking crepes and salad...
    Pick up a couple of maggot packs from the servo on Fanshaw Street on your way in, all will be sweet in your world then
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    One other idea as an alternative to the fly posting.
    Any one got or can make sign boards..yknow square of wood ona stick.
    6 or 8 bikes,2 up, parked at intervals up Q street. One holds the sign, one hands out leaflets.
    If a goer will try and get 8 posters made up.. something like;

BIKER
    TAXPAYER.
    VOTER.
    No to ACC Levy Hikes!

Put them on the street an hour, or half an hour before the ride up.
    Air horns etc as the ride passes.
    Thoughts?

Bike
    1997 Honda Blackbird
    The sooner we can decide on the final format. +details, the sooner we can start the publicity machine. Happy to design and drop flyers again into the cbd

I think I still have acopy of the last flyers on a flash drive after my laptops (amongst other things) got nicked - just need to lnow what the message is.

Do we have good info pn impact for cars, taxis, goods vehicles etc - if so we coud targwt flyers to all these groups and get more than just bikes there (maybe not for the brekkie)i

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmNZ View Post
    I think I still have acopy of the last flyers on a flash drive after my laptops (amongst other things) got nicked -

Arse! That sucks a big kumera mate! Shitty thing to happen.

Have a look on the Mission Bay thread, I think there is a copy in there somewhere.
    Nonono,

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Pick up a couple of maggot packs from the servo on Fanshaw Street on your way in, all will be sweet in your world then
    Fecking great idea mate...also solves the 'What to get the mother in law for Christmas' quandary that one finds himself in at the mo....fanx (again) Mom, the solver of all problems......

Bike
    F800GS
    Updated first post.

Can we get an idea of time, the most important thing ATM as we need to get started on rolling out the publicity work
    Your life passes in front of your eyes before you die. The process is called living.

Bike
    F800GS
    The signs along Queen Street might attract the wrong crowd, after all its mostly tourists on that street on a weekend.

Still think we should have them though, they come in handy in educating the public. Or attach them to the trailers and utes with bikes.
    Your life passes in front of your eyes before you die. The process is called living.

Bike
    2005 Suzuki boulevard C50

Palmerston north people

Quote Originally Posted by taff1954 View Post
    These do for a start? (might need to check my reo - been a while since I learnt Maori)
    Cool .... anyone have the addresses of the Palmy area recipients?
    Simon Powers office in Feilding and Lees Galloway in Palmy are two I know ... not sure of the other parties or key persons that should also get them.

And can you post up the other posters or cards designed so we can print them off too and pass on to the local people in other than Auckland areas. Lets try to make this a national (location not our domocratic leaders) thing.

Think theres a good reporter that ran a very supportive story in the loca paper on the Bikoi that should get one too for her excelent coverage of the ACC issue.

Anyone in Palmy free to organize the local delivery? Im tied up with work so cant put the time into organization but could ride on the 19th to deliver cards
    Get Vengence on your kids !!! Live long enough to be grandparents

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    One other idea as an alternative to the fly posting.
    Any one got or can make sign boards..yknow square of wood ona stick.
    6 or 8 bikes,2 up, parked at intervals up Q street. One holds the sign, one hands out leaflets.
    If a goer will try and get 8 posters made up.. something like;

BIKER
    TAXPAYER.
    VOTER.
    No to ACC Levy Hikes!

Put them on the street an hour, or half an hour before the ride up.
    Air horns etc as the ride passes.
    Thoughts?
    Better, have the signs on rollup material. Easy to transport on a bike.Hook at top, small bungy at bottom. Stop, unroll, hook onto bike, streetpost, passing random, whatever. Finished, roll it up an go. Could have quite big signs that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Can we finalise a time. I reckon 10am for the roll up Q St, that gives time for those who want to do a park-in to have a coffee , and trolls like me time to unstonify.

Park-in, from 7:30 ? (I have no idea what weir folk who get up early think is appropriate)

Calendar entry started
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    F800GS
    Ixion, can you please link the calender entry to this thread, I keep the first post up to date

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodir View Post
    Ixion, can you please link the calender entry to this thread, I keep the first post up to date
    Calander entry in first post.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    ....a bag of coal or carbonettes.
    could be dark rock candy as a symbol?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1129560177

Thread Information