Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CBR vs ZXR

Bike
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    The MC19s have Mitsubishi fuel pumps which tend to fuck out, even at low mileages. Not a cheap fix either.
    Hmm, options at the moment are a 92 zxr with 40k kms, or a 92 cibber with 70 thou... What do you think?

Bike
    2001 SV400s
    Quote Originally Posted by wbks View Post
    Hmm, options at the moment are a 92 zxr with 40k kms, or a 92 cibber with 70 thou... What do you think?
    Sit on them both, see whats comfy

I doubt you'd notice any difference in performance anyway
    Yeah, nah.

Bike
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by huff3r View Post
    Sit on them both, see whats comfy

I doubt you'd notice any difference in performance anyway
    ill ride them both before chosing obviously, just curious about the high kms of the cibber, you can never know how long until it starts to blow up unless you have experience with them. I think my zxr had the same ks but ran great, but that is a zxr and they make their power at a lower rev, so probably wasnt ridden as hard

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSXR-750
    My mech said the CBR's are pretty much indestructible. Just change the oil ever 5000kms and you wont have a problem. Have seen plenty at 70,000+ kms

My CBR is sweet, I am pretty big at about 110-120kg and i have gotten it up around 160-170. I find it very comfortable to ride.

Bike
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty595 View Post
    My mech said the CBR's are pretty much indestructible. Just change the oil ever 5000kms and you wont have a problem. Have seen plenty at 70,000+ kms

My CBR is sweet, I am pretty big at about 110-120kg and i have gotten it up around 160-170. I find it very comfortable to ride.
    Sounds like it will come down to which I prefer the ride of most, then. Did you get there easy enough? Did it have more to go or was that tops? Not that sluggish with a heavier person on it?

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSXR-750
    Sounds like it will come down to which I prefer the ride of most, then. Did you get there easy enough? Did it have more to go or was that tops? Not that sluggish with a heavier person on it?
    I'd definitely say its down to which you prefer. It got there pretty quickly, It really takes off after bout 13-14000rpm. Its definitely not sluggish even with me on it. handles nicely too. (I have an MC19 btw)

I could have probably pushed it slightly higher but it really would have taken a bit of time.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Power/Torque curve differences.
    CBR seems to have a nice ramp up at peak power, ZXR is almost linear.
    ZXR has better torque down low, but obviously doesn't have the same increase rate as the CBR
    both have very similar power and torque peaks.
    Been told this is all done with different airboxes and headers (zxr has a balancer pipe).

CBR feels slightly skinnier and lighter. But the ZXR is more planted (or feels it).

Different strokes for different folks. What always put me off the CBR was the engine whine.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Power/Torque curve differences.
    CBR seems to have a nice ramp up at peak power, ZXR is almost linear.
    ZXR has better torque down low, but obviously doesn't have the same increase rate as the CBR
    both have very similar power and torque peaks.
    Been told this is all done with different airboxes and headers (zxr has a balancer pipe).

CBR feels slightly skinnier and lighter. But the ZXR is more planted (or feels it).

Different strokes for different folks. What always put me off the CBR was the engine whine.
    Well the peak hp is almost at the limiter for the cbr, right? the peak of zxr from what I could tell was about 15k, dropped off after 16 thou. I might end up choosing the zxr just because of the familiar sound it makes at about 14-16 thousand revs that I grew to love Sounds less "sanitized" than the cbr

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSXR-750
    Well the peak hp is almost at the limiter for the cbr, right? the peak of zxr from what I could tell was about 15k, dropped off after 16 thou. I might end up choosing the zxr just because of the familiar sound it makes at about 14-16 thousand revs that I grew to love Sounds less "sanitized" than the cbr
    I haven't ridden the ZXR but wouldnt mind trying one out at some point

I've ridden my mates FZR though and it feels like the CBR has a lot more low/mid than the FZR.

I love the sound of the CBR but im biased

Bike
    Thumpapotamus
    I've ridden my mates FZR though and it feels like the CBR has a lot more low/mid than the FZR.

I love the sound of the CBR but im biased
    Sounds like the exup is off, FZR should have more low down torque the reason it has the exup valve, not just emissions.

70,000k's is a bit high especially when you consider 250's are mostly ridden by learners whoo are not only rough riders but generally less experienced with tools/maintenance.... if you have maint/repairs you'll find things like stripped threads, screw heads and damaged bits.

I'd look at something with lower k's, I liked the ZXR & CBR but value for money and low k's I got the FZR 2KR and my insurance is real cheap!

Bike
    Your mom
    I'd definitely say its down to which you prefer. It got there pretty quickly, It really takes off after bout 13-14000rpm. Its definitely not sluggish even with me on it. handles nicely too. (I have an MC19 btw)

I could have probably pushed it slightly higher but it really would have taken a bit of time.
    My MC19 has a definate power surge starting at 15,000rpm, not 13-14,000rpm.

Bike
    big minton
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyracer View Post
    CBR's are more compact, they just fell abit samller, the kawasaki have a bigger feeling to them and the fairings are bigger.

Ive been told from RED BARON that the cbr's are slightly higher tuned than the ZXR and are 3-5 more HP
    big fairings=uncomfortable.
    thats why cbr's are better
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    Isn't it a rectum stretching pain in the ring piece when the mrs wants to slip in a digit and wont use lube
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    I don't need pills to make me blow massive loads
    Cold Kiwi

Everyone loves duck sauce, is the amazing or is this amazing?!

Bike
    `
    Anyone know how difficult it is to derestrict a 94 cbr?

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyer View Post
    My GPX250 is supposed to get mid 30's...
    At the rear wheel? Give ya 10 bucks if it dynos over 32

Bike
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    At the rear wheel? Give ya 10 bucks if it dynos over 32
    if cbs get 35 max, i doubt ur gpx gets 30

Thread Information