Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Tour India for Girlz

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, Honda XBR500, Yamaha XT500

Motorcycle Tour India for Girlz

Hi There Ladies,

I recently signed on to the first ever women only motorcycle tour through India (Himalaya) riding the world's highest ridable roads!

The tour is offered by Moksha and her company (www.back-n-beyond.com), the first Indian woman to offer motorcycle tours. How cool is that? She is a real inspiration. The tour in 2010 will be her first women only tour and she needs 10 women to make it happen. So far we are one German, one Austrian and myself (a German Kiwi = Giwi). Any REAL Kiwi-Girlz interested????
    The tour is from 27 August - 11 September 2010 and costs US$2400 including bike hire of the intrepid Royal Enfield Bullet...

I expect to hear from you!

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, Honda XBR500, Yamaha XT500

Tour Description & FAQ Women's Motorcycle Tour India

15 DAYS LEH MOTOR-BIKING MOUNTAIN EXPEDITION - 2010
    (27th August to 11th September)-Women Tour

Delhi-Chandigarh-Manali-Sarchu-Leh-Nubra-Agra

This itinerary has been carefully designed to make your trip memorable and enjoyable. Stay at each place helps you to get properly acclimatized for the high altitude area. You will witness cascading rivers, lush green and high snow peaked mountains, incredible water falls, mountain desert, rich culture and high passes. This route is one of the toughest roads in the world and rightly very popular with bikers. It attracts thousands of biking lovers from all around the world every year.

DAY 1. DELHI. Arrive Delhi. Transfer hotel Shangri La or equivalent. Temperature will be in 40s here. You will be taking rest in your air-conditioned hotel in the afternoon. Visit India Gate, Parliament House and President Palace in the evening. Enjoy shopping at the bustling Cannaught Place. Overnight hotel

DAY 2. DELHI-CHANDIGARH-MANALI. Take morning Shatabadi to Chandigarh, which leaves Delhi at 7.30am and arrives chandigarh at 11am. You will be transferred to luxury cars or a tempo traveler for 7-8 hrs journey to Manali,310km. Enjoy hot lunch near Kiratpur. From this town, hill roads start. The other major towns are Bilaspur, Sunder Nagar, Mandi and District Kullu. After corssing Mandi (110km before Manali), river beas starts flowing along the road, making a spectacular sight. Reach Manali in the evening. Check into Banon Resorts. Overnight hotel.

DAY 3. MANALI. Today you will get your bikes. Ride around to get familiar with them. Manali is a beautiful place, full of nature and rich in culture. Explore Manali and relax the whole day. Visit Nagar Castle and Roerich art galary at Nagar, 22km from manali. Overnight hotel.

DAY 4. MANALI-KEYLONG(3350m). After early breakfast, start your journey for Leh. You will be staying overnight at Keylong, 113km from Manali, crossing Rohtang Pass (3950m altitude). Overnight guest house..

DAY 5. KEYLONG-SARCHU.(4253m) Start your ride again and reach Sarchu, 130km, crossing Baralachla pass (4830m). You will see river Bhaga flowing in this area, giving it a spectacular look. After Keylong, small towns Jispa and Darcha comes from here the major treks to Lamayuru and Padum(Ladakh) start. Even greenery ends at Darcha and desert mountains start. Overnight camping.

DAY 6. SARCHU-TSOMORORI.(4267m) Today, it is going to be a long ride (190km) 7-8 hrs, crossing plains of Pang, amazing landscaping all around, reaching Tsomorori lake in the evening. The lake is situated in the South East sector of Ladakh. It is like a pearl shape and contains large mineral deposits. Karzok village is situated on the south west bank of the lake. Karzok Gompa and its inhabitants-the nomads (Changpas) are the most attractive features of this area. The circumference of the lake is around 36km. Overnight guest house.

DAY 7. TSOMORORI. Explore the area around the beautiful lake.. Overnight guest house.

DAY 8. TSOMORORI-LEH(3505m) You will be starting early today for Leh (240km), 7-8 hrs ride. Reach Leh in the evening. Check into hotel Laharimo or eaquivalent. Overnight hotel.

DAY 9. LEH. Local sightseeing in Leh, covering Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace, Shey Monestary, Thiksey and Stok Palace. Overnight hotel.

DAY 10. LEH-KHARDUNGLA-NUBRA. Ride to Khardungala Pass (5580m), 39km from Leh, world’s highest motorable road, reach spectacular Nubra valley,7-8hrs. Overnight camping at Hundar(3048). The total distance from Leh is 125km. This is a high security zone and anybody entering Nubra valley needs a permit. Enjoy camel safari at this spectacular place.

DAY 11. NUBRA VALLEY. Ride to the other side of Nubra valley, reach Teger(3146m) and explore the area. Visit Samstanling Monastery and hot springs in Panamik. Overnight camping or guest house.

DAY 12. NUBRA-LEH. Ride back to Leh via Khardungla Pass, a total distance of 120km, 6-7 hrs. Evening free for personal activities. Overnight hotel.

DAY 13. LEH-DELHI-AGRA. Take a morning flight to Delhi. You will be going to Agra (200km) from here in luxury bus. It is 4-5 hrs drive. Check into hotel Mansingh Palace, visit the Taj Mahal same evening. Overnight hotel.

DAY 14. AGRA-DELHI After breakfast drive back to Delhi. Check into hotel Shangri La or equivalent.Evening free for personal activities. Overnight hotel.

DAY 15. DESTINATION. Fly back to your destination.

The itinerary is made for two weeks from Saturday to Saturday so that when you go back to your destination, you have Sunday to prepare yourself for the next week.

PRICING (All Currency in USD):

The price for above tour is $2450 p.p for a group of 10-15 persons.
    $2250 p.p for a pillion rider.
    $1250 for single supplement.

The above price includes:

Accommodation in 3 & 5 star hotels, guest houses on MAP on twin sharing basis.
    (accommodation in Delhi, Agra on CP basis)
    Camping with full meals.
    350cc or 500cc royal enfield motor bikes.
    Mechanic with helpers.
    Two back up vehicles, one for the baggage (at transfer points)
    Leh-Delhi airfare
    Delhi-Chandigarh train fare.
    Chandigarh-Manali air-conditioned transport.
    All air-conditioned local transportations
    First Aid with a medical assistant.

The above price does not include:
    Any fuel expenses for the bike.
    Any wear and tear of the bike, that would be paid extra.
    Any monument fees.
    Any inner-line permit fees.
    Any extra meals.
    Any tips.
    Mineral Water.
    Any expense personal in nature.
    Any other expense in case of emergency.
    Any extra stay due to unforseen circumstances.
    Any travel or personal insurance.
    Anything else not mentioned above.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is this a very tough adventure biking holiday?
    No, it is not. It is tough as you find combination of good and bad roads, cross high mountain passes, water falls and streams. But it is all a great fun.

What kind of adventure trip is it?
    It is a trip filled with a lot of fun and frolic. You will be witnessing nature at its zenith.

It is a trip which combines extreme adventure, culture, art and architecture.

How much fitness is required for this trip?
    Age is no bar for such trips. You need to be reasonably fit. But people with breathing problems, are suggested to avoid Leh trip as on this route you have to cross high passes.
    You are requested to bring your own necessary medication if you are already using them.

How much biking experience is needed?
    Some motorcycling experience is necessary. For this trip, you must be a valid license holder.

How safe is this trip?
    No adventure trip is easy and absolutely safe. There is always some element of risk involved. However, taking up this trip is entirely your own decision. We always have a local tour leader who leads the group and is well familiar with the road conditions. The speed is maintained according to the route conditions. Every participant is required to fill up an indemnity bond with back n beyond travels, before taking up this tour.

What will be the size of the group?

We don’t take more than 10-15 riders, apart from 5-6 our own staff members.

What kind of bikes are provided ?

We provide 350cc & 500cc Royal Enfield bikes, 200cc Bajaj Avenger and 180cc Bajaj Pulsar bikes. Royal Enfield are mostly used for such tough routes because of their tough body. We provide other bikes as per the client’s requirement.

How one can stay in touch with family and friends?

Mobile phone coverage and internet access are limited in some of the remote areas. However, there are landlines available at most stops. A list of the hotels with telephone numbers will be forwarded to you once the booking is confirmed.
    How can I book the tour?

You are welcome to book your trip any time from now by making $500 as booking amount. However, the booking must be done at least 4 months before the start of the trip.
    Rest of the amount can be paid at least eight weeks before the date of the tour.
    How can one make the payment?

All these payments can be sent through Western Union or through banking swift code.
    What is your cancellation policy?

The booking amount $500 is non-refundable. If you want to cancel your trip for some unforeseen circumstances, you have to inform us at least two months before the tour, you will be refunded full amount. If you inform one month before, then 50% of the amount will be refunded. After that no refund will be given. if the tour is cancelled by us for some unforeseen circumstances, full refund will be given.
    What kind of accommodation is provided ?

We believe in giving the most comfortable experience to our clients as far as the accommodation is concerned. The hotels at various places are of 3 star categories, in Delhi it will be a 5 star hotel. Camping at different places, will be luxurious and world class.

More info at www.back-n-beyond.com

Bike
    2003 Ducati Monster 1000 S ie
    Blog Entries

Cool....

Awesome part of the world to explore... the scenery on the road from Manali to Leh is particularly breathtaking.

Looks like you have an option of the 350 or 500.... I'd say go for the 500 if you can. The perfect bike for the terrain...

Take the thermals for the night in Sarchu!!!

No doubt they will explain the Indian rules of the road before you take off! I soooo want to go back there again!

Have fun!

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Towandatina View Post
    Any REAL Kiwi-Girlz interested????
    Sure I'd be interested if I had to money to spare. Sounds fun! I'd like to hear from you when you get back about how it went.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    looks like fun, I had a look at the websites, and will think about it for a future holiday for the two of us...

Any idea what is meant by....

Bike
    2007 CB900
    One of my bosses did a tour like this one earlier this year ... everyone got sick with Dehli Belly .. but he waited till he landed in auckland to get really ill ... but he wouldn't trade it for the world ... went on about how amazing etc.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87
    I've travelled some of those roads many several years (7+) ago. I too did them on a 500 cc Royal Enfield. One of the most beautiful parts of the globe I have been to, and I've been graced to have been to almost every country in the world. Snow everywhere, dusty roads, you might spot the odd dead deer that has been taken by a mountain lion to a tree top. Tricky part is getting used to the Enfield's gear and rear brake as they are on opposite sides to that we are used to. Take your thermals, embrace the culture, leave your fussiness behind and prepare for a journey of epic proportions. Salute the "jawans" - Indian BSF (border security force) as they will help you if you need help, they are expert climbers, can live off snow for days and are quite friendly, but they look rough. I envy you! Any questions that aren't in you FAQ's I should be able to help with. Take care!

Bike
    So old you won't care
    I had a friend do one of these trips and she suffered a freak accident (serious). Unlikely ever to happen again BUT make sure you have full medical insurance that will evac you if things go wrong.

Unlikely to need it but best be sure eh?

Bike
    2003 Ducati Monster 1000 S ie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    looks like fun, I had a look at the websites, and will think about it for a future holiday for the two of us...

Any idea what is meant by....
    Inner line permits are needed to go into certain areas, for instance Khardungla north of Leh with the worlds highest motorable road at the top. About 10kms out of Leh there is a border post and they check you for your permit on the way through...They are usually needed in areas close to the borders. where they want to keep an eye on who is coming in and out of the area.

As for paying extra for wear and tear on the bikes, I'd be finding out a bit more about that! I don't recall having to pay extra on the trip I did. We had a mechanic who fixed most things on the side of the road and if he couldn't, you got his bike and the broken one was loaded in a van and fixed up at night....Indian mechanics are legends. The enfields break down lots, they crash fairly well too....

Bike
    Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    I had a friend do one of these trips and she suffered a freak accident (serious). Unlikely ever to happen again BUT make sure you have full medical insurance that will evac you if things go wrong.

Unlikely to need it but best be sure eh?
    Agreed. Cannot stress this enough.

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    o pleeeeeeeeeze take me!

sigh...One day Im going to sell up, take the kids inheritance and spend the blimmin lot on touring. Ive never heard of the trip you're going on, but my goodness, it'd be right up there on the wish list for me.

Where else would you go? Actually I'm heading off to start another thread of wishlists rides...see you there!
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Pot grows wild around manali.
    Spark up, kick the 500 into life, and cruise.
    Diarrhea and altitude sickness rock

Bike
    anyone elses atm
    Just had my brother come back from India recently. if I remember I could probably ask him about some of the ins and outs of India and the Himalayas. He did a lot of tramping up that way.
    I wish I were a glow-worm, A glow-worms' never glum
    How can you be so sad, When the sun shines out your bum

Bike
    gixxer 600 aka "little rie"
    oh my god this is amazing. I have always wanted to go to the Himalayas. I would totally go if I had the money!

Bike
    Royale en field 350cc
    Hi, I am Moksha and i have gone through all your comments. I think you are confused about a few things in my itineraries. pl check them again as those confusions have been taken care of. Good luck.

Thread Information