Thread: NZDRA Drag Racing Taupo

Bike
    2014 KAWASAKI ZX-14R
    Blog Entries

NZDRA Drag Racing Taupo

For those of you who are not aware. The next NZDRA Drag meet ( round 2 of the National Series) is on at Taupo on January 4th 2010.
    Make a day of it.....Entries will be available on the day but Pre Entry is cheaper.

Hope to see you there!!
    Live life hard and enjoy life so when you die even the undertaker will be envious of your life!!!

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja

Summer Nationals at Taupo :)

Cant wait to be there, see you at the Black Thunder Racing EASY-UP...ready to go heads up with me on the strip THOR ? Ninja to Ninja
    # 1 Pit`Bunny (Just ask Him)

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    It's on the radar to watch as I have done the past 2 years. I hope the PA is working this time.
    It's on the last day of my holidays so hoping for a good one!
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    07 gxsr1000
    Hope to be able to make it down to Taupo on the the fouth,will be riding the 1000 maybe in b/sb and the the busa in a/mb (will have to clean all the dust of them first) fuels most likely gone off too.
    I WISH THE REAL WORLD WOULD JUST STOP HASSLING ME !!!

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by mugins View Post
    Hope to be able to make it down to Taupo on the the fouth,will be riding the 1000 maybe in b/sb and the the busa in a/mb (will have to clean all the dust of them first) fuels most likely gone off too.
    What number? - I may have some pics.

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Big balls Athol burning 25 litres of nitromethane in a 6 second run. 1500 horepower from a 1500cc 4 cylinder motor!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7324b.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	189348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7302a.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	189349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7631.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	189350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7620.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	189351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigBallsAthol.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	189352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7482a.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	189353  

Bike
    2014 KAWASAKI ZX-14R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR7 View Post
    For those of you who are not aware. The next NZDRA Drag meet ( round 2 of the National Series) is on at Taupo on January 4th 2010.
    Make a day of it.....Entries will be available on the day but Pre Entry is cheaper.

Hope to see you there!!
    Well done to Steve and the Team at Taupo for a great event.....The Big Screen was really good and almost everyone I spoke with commented how good the big screen was at the Track.

Congratulations to Richard Ramsey for his win in Modified Bike and Brett Goodwin as Runner up.
    and Also to Dean Veale for his win in Competition Bike and to Chris Gavies as Runner up.

Despte bad weather predictions and some initial showers the day turned out to be great other than the wind, but it did not deter competitors.
    Well done and Congratulations also to Athol Williams for his sensational runs which certainly turned alot of heads with his 200mph plus run.

As for us with the Kawasaki ZX-14 Black Thunder it was not quite so good.....

In qualifying for Comp Bike....when I hit the Nitrous in second gear, the Bike locked up and went sideways. I was lucky that we did not go down. I got the clutch in and by luck it freewheeled again.
    Basicallly what happened was the axle has moved and bent the chain adjuster at right angles. The Chain came off and Locked the rear wheel, then jumped back over the swingarm to allow the bike to freewheel again.
    I had to push the bike accross the track and went what seemed like 1/4 of the way around the track pushing the bike until my wife and Ross ( Kawasaki ZX9) turned up with the trailer. - This is where the real damage happened.
    Being a bit overheated and keen to get the bike back to the pits we pushed the ZX14 on to the Trailer and caught the sump plug on the trailer and ripped it out along with a piece of the sump!!! It took about an hour to try and clean up the oil on the edge of the track and on the trailer before we could get back to the pits.
    A real frustration and more dollars down the tube....but it could have been worse.
    On the Good side ..... I got an oil change and my trailer will probably never rust...with the dosing of oil it got!!!

We hope to be back up and running for the Meremere Competition meet in a couple of weeks. ( Reality and Work have now resumed!)

Cheers
    Live life hard and enjoy life so when you die even the undertaker will be envious of your life!!!

Bike
    2010 race innovations funnybike
    Hi Alan, hope you got the bike all fixed. The Taupo Summerslam meeting is 3rd January, not 4th. I think 4th is a rain date.
    I am coming down to test the new Afterburner 2 turbo methanol funnybike.

Bike
    2010 race innovations funnybike
    ..........I would put up a photo but not sure how to post it.Computers aren't my skill!

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    GS1200SS/RD400 Drag Bike
    Hi
    This year Taupo are going to trial a new format for us bikes.

"Two bike brackets, lets call them Race Bike and Street Bike, just to be different to Comp & Mod Bike, because they are,
    but it doesn't matter what they are called.

Racing is conducted over three rounds on a round robin format, all three rounds seeded after qualifying.
    EVERYONE competes in the three rounds.
    The two with the most wins go to the final.
    If, after 3 rounds, there are more than two on the same number of wins, it is the BEST REACTION TIME in the LAST round that gets the nod for the final.

RACE BIKE
    For all bikes that have a current tech inspection.
    Run on a PERSONAL INDEX format, and there is NO BREAKOUT.
    Your personal index is set by the fastest time that you run in qualifying, in effect this becomes your 'dial in' for the first round of racing.
    If you run faster, your new time becomes your personal index for the next round of racing.
    So the fastest time that you have run on the day is your index for the next round.

This system works well IF no-one 'sandbags' in qualifying just to get a soft personal index.
    Does everyone know pretty much what everyone else runs ? to keep them honest.
    If you have some shit qualifiers and you know you can run quicker, you would be expected to bite the bullet and nominate
    a realistic index based on your bikes known performance.

STREET BIKE
    For all non teched bikes, includes street bikes, Jappas, Harley's, anything that is not a race bike.
    Don't really care if they are not rego'd or warranted, but they will need to pass scrutineering.
    Run on a dial-in, as per current mod bike, but also three rounds on a round robin format, seeded after qualifying.
    Most wins go to the final, or best reaction time in round 3 if needed to split those on same number of wins."

So all riders should get more rounds of racing and the racing will be much more competitive.
    This could catch on so bring your bikes down and join in...anyone on any bike could win this !!!
    Thanks
    Richard

Thread Information